Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

fitting 4" speakers in cb9 roof?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fitting 4" speakers in cb9 roof?

so i bought some aftermarket 4 inch speakers for my roof, and they are considerably bigger than the stock ones....anyone have any idea on how to mount these so that they don't rattle? any help is greatly appreciated!

stock vs aftermarket

and how far they stick out of the roof

i tried using bigger screws to hold them in place but they shorted out the whole system for some reason....

easiest way would be to cut a spacer out of wood. Screw spacer to stock location them screw speaker to spacer. If you did this you could make some custom grills to make it match factory color.

Comment

there is no smaller speaker you can get... thats considerally big compared to stock

Comment

Just wonderin for cb9 owners.. there's a 6x9 in the trunk... can y'all actually hear it bein its all the way back there?

Edit-maybe use a dremel sanding wheel or grinding wheel and open the metal up more so u can fit the speaker better.
        Last edited by F20A CB7; 08-24-2012, 12:29 AM.
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I just encountered this same situatin while upgrading my cb9's speakers, and yes I hear the 6x9! I have 2 pioneer 240w 4ways in the front doors tho so thst 260w 4way 6x9 in the rear dosent do to much.

I'm in the process of making spacers for the roof speakers to fit my 4.5in pioneer 220w 3ways in. Ill keep you guys posted once I'm done

8 Accords so far:
          '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
          '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
          (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

You need a shollow mount speaker....
            My 90 coupe Mr thread....
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

What spl said or u need spacers. spacers are your best bet though

Comment

Would be SO much easier if u had the right speaker though. Lol... I got 240watt premiers in my wagon that fit like factory n I have no trouble hearing them without a 6x9. Lol... My subs will just drown out a 6x9 in the back anyways.
                4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

Comment

I have a talk a phone loud speaker where my factory 6x9 was, and yes I, and turned up any one withing 1/2 mile can hear it. I have Memphis sr 4" in my roof, direct fit. Those and my Memphis tweeters are run off my radio. The Memphis pr 3 ways and the talk a phone are run off a alpine amp. I get so many compliments on how loud and clear my highs are. The subs are 2-12in Memphis sr's in old school bass tubes powered off a autotek model 66

Comment

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
                    I have a talk a phone loud speaker where my factory 6x9 was, and yes I, and turned up any one withing 1/2 mile can hear it. I have Memphis sr 4" in my roof, direct fit. Those and my Memphis tweeters are run off my radio. The Memphis pr 3 ways and the talk a phone are run off a alpine amp. I get so many compliments on how loud and clear my highs are. The subs are 2-12in Memphis sr's in old school bass tubes powered off a autotek model 66
                    Soufkack, your cb9 sounds like what i want a setup in my cb9 to sound like....CLARITY

Comment

It's most of the clarity comes out of the talk a phone pa speaker. I have it in the factory 6x9 location pointed backwards firing off the glass. With the hatch open it's sounds like a announcement speaker at at football game, but all closed up, it sounds fantastic. The talk a phone pa ran me right at $500, the memphis 3 ways were$100, the rear roof speakers were $50 and the Memphis tweeters were $20. I had the alpine 4ch laying around. Everyone thinks iam nuts when I tell them I go a $500 horn in the back, but once they listen to it, then add it up I got under $700 in my Mids and highs. I wanted bass, but not a ton, so the old school bass tubes fit the bill perfect. With the 2 Memphis sr 12s, I got no problem shaking the door mirrors. The entire set up, highs and subs, 2 amps, 2nd battery and all, I think iam about $1000 in to the entire system. I may be swapping subs as I got a killer deal on 4 old school pioneer primere 12s. After having a car with 8-12s in it, iam just not sure I want that much bass. I would like a bit more mid bass up front, and bought a extra set of door panels. Iam thinking of making something to hold a set of memphis marine 8" 2 ways. I
                      Have 8 of them on my boat and love them, no subs on and
                      I can ripple the water beside the hull

Comment

Working...
                      X