Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Whine after amp install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whine after amp install

As the title states, I installed component speakers, then decided I wanted more power, so I installed a boss r2504, after I installed this there is a faint whine in the tweeters, if there's more current pulled, ie headlights on, the whine increases in volume, I ran my rca's next to all my power lines, could this be the cause? I'm going to unplug the rca's and see if the whine persists, If not I am going to probably get shielded rca's or run them on the opposite side, does this sound correct?

Originally posted by Sleezycb7 View Post
    ........................ I ran my rca's next to all my power lines, could this be the cause?..................
    Yes. Or bad grounds. More likely power wires to close to speaker wires.

Comment

Thank you for the input, I'm gonna try and do some troubleshooting and see how it goes

Comment

In every (and I mean every) vehicle I have owned with aftermarket audio I have this issue. It always a loose connection. It you are using any RCA style connectors, double check to make sure they are fully connected. I've had to tape the connections together before.
        Does anyone else have a monthly budget of 10mm sockets or is it just me?

Comment

I've noticed with headlights on or ac it does it, more pronounced higher rpms, but it occasionally won't do it, so I'm thinking ground or cable loose. Just need an hour of free time to look.

Comment

If the rcas or remote wire are ran on the same side as the power wire you will get whine. Run the power wire on 1 side of the car by itself, and the rca and remote wire on the other side of the car.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
            X