Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Progress of my 91 accord sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

r u gonna add a lip? it looks really clean though good work bro
    I love my cb7

Comment

Yo, i'm from G-bro county liking the work your doing on your accord, finally some more accords to the nova seen, car looks good A+ on the body work, and love that paint man, check out my thread whenever you get a chance

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...57#post3031257

Nova Scotia Thread, tell your cb7 friends!!!
        My work in progress!

Comment

Originally posted by 1990exr View Post
          Ah this must be Mike then, pretty hard to get that kind of horses out of an f23 without some serious coin unless ya turbo, but even then the block maybe tough but the internals are not. Boost=broken rings and ring lands. Lookin good though, love the nighthawk black pearl I did my wiper arms with it to get rid of the flakey look haha. What ecu are you running in the car right now? You still got the Iab solinoid and Vacuum box for sale? my h22 didn't come with it. Tried to get ahold of a a guy in truro through Kijiji but he doesn't have a clue what it is haha.

Andrew
          Nah my names Anthony lol and yeah, I was talking to a few people today about it, I might just rebuild the engine and turbo it, but maybe not, as for the ecu I am just running the one from the f22 right now, I have to call around and figure something out, there's a guy down here I know that is pretty good with computers so I am sure we can figure something out. I don't know if it would be better to find an f23 vtec ecu or get one out of an si

Comment

Originally posted by 199Dakord View Post
            r u gonna add a lip? it looks really clean though good work bro
            not sure on the lip just yet man, it had one on it before and I took it off right before it was painted, to be honest I kindof like it alot more without the lip

Comment

You sound like you're extremely confused on the ECU situation. You're not helping matters by throwing other suggestions in there like "Si ECU". What's an Si ECU? An '88-'91 Civic/CR-X Si? A '92-'95 Civic Si? A '92-'95 Prelude Si? The term Si doesn't explain anything.

If you're looking for an ECU that will allow you to operate VTEC in roughly the same manner that the factory intended for that engine then a P0A from a '94-'95 Accord EX with an F22B1 might be your best bet. It's still not ideal but it will include hardware for VTEC to operate on the F23A1, assuming it's been physically wired up. There is no OBD1 ECU that's compatible with your engine exactly. The P0A is just the closest alternative.

Long term, once you've done a few things to move towards your goal of higher power, I would get a P28 that has been chipped and have your car dynoed for those modifications specifically.

To achieve those power goals I would ditch the F23A1 head for an F22AX head. I know there's people that get tired of everyone shrugging off these heads but my chief complaint would be manifold options. An H23A1 manifold CAN be put on an F22B1/F23A1 head, but only after a LOT of work. Even then, the port design isn't ideal. Also, your header choices are non-existent with that head in terms of a design that's going to get you to those power numbers.

Compression would be the next thing to address. A popular option with the F23AX crowd have been K20A2 pistons. It will gain a static compression ratio that's a little high for most people's taste. A better option amongst OEM offerings could be the K20A3 piston but I've never liked the design of it.

All of these things are things that will have to be addressed if trying to achieve those power numbers without turbo. If I were being completely honest, I'd say even 220 is out of reach for a well-mannered street car with that engine.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I like that color! Its looking great! Keep us up to date on this car! I have a feeling that its going to turn out really really good.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...05#post3031605

Comment

car looks nice, a little too ghetto fabuhluss with the white behind blue on those wheels/brakes, but if you like it thats all that matters!! do ya thang.

Comment

Thanks guys for the positive comments! and yes I plan on getting some 18s for it eventually so the white wont always be there, as far as the ecu goes, yeah im not into all that technology stuff it is jibberish to me. It doesn't matter anyway, on the way to work the other day, not even 15 seconds from the parking lot and my engine shut down on me D: think it's the valves or something, nice puff of black smoke shot right out the throttle body and she wont rev past 3 grand, jdm f22b here I come!

Comment

Working...
                      X