Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my cb7 suspension.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my cb7 suspension.....

Here's my setup nothing fancy does the job ground groundcontrol. Coulobers and tokico illuminas.

Damn girl, when are you going to learn to spell?

Suspension ... coilovers ...

Otherwise not bad, why do you have coilovers if you ride your car so high?

EDIT: Also you need to redo it, you are missing your bump stops and the dust boots don't cover enough. Also your camber adjustment lock nut seems loose...

Item#18 bumpstop needs to be under the dust boot item#19 and the dust boot should cover all exposed stainless dampening shaft and cover part of the outer housing. You should have had to drill the dust boots

Item#17 bumpstop needs the smallest rung cut off and placed under item#20 the dust boot. The dust boot bellows should cover all exposed stainless dampening shaft and cover part of the outer housing.

It should have been assembled like these diagrams.
    Last edited by wildBill83; 11-06-2012, 06:38 PM.

Comment

well....i was on my phone and it corrects everything i spell its not me.
      and i do have bump stops and the boot covers the shaft when its lowered that was in the air ....lol soo idk

Comment

thats a pretty good set up, better than what other people have here for sure.

CALI LIFE STYLE
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145883

Comment

Originally posted by dayzielynn View Post
          well....i was on my phone and it corrects everything i spell its not me.
          and i do have bump stops and the boot covers the shaft when its lowered that was in the air ....lol soo idk
          Your phones dictionary doesn't have suspension in it and replaces your words with even worse spelling? I know it doesn't have coilover in the dictionary, but why not proof read before pressing post??

Where is the bump stop?

Also the dust boot is supposed to cover the strut even when lifted, there should be a bellows on the rear dust boot.

This is my front suspension when lifted, notice the dust boot location? The rear is the same but with a bellows that extends to the same location as the front dust boot.
          Last edited by wildBill83; 11-06-2012, 07:11 PM.

Comment

my phone is just weird ... im sorry.... and that's what ground control said to do, was just following directions.

Comment

Please post the directions here so I can guide you toward the light. If you did the work yourself I commend you. At the same time it is not correct and should be reassembled if you expect the struts to last more than this winter.

If you didn't do what I posted under each diagram above then you did it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                Why doesn't your knuckle have bolt holes for the ball joint nut cover?
                Originally posted by Mishakol129
                Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                  Why doesn't your knuckle have bolt holes for the ball joint nut cover?
                  I asked Jarrett the same question when doing my suspension. I seem to have a replacement knuckle and the 93 model was the last year they put the castle nut covers on.

Very observant.

Comment

okay.. i don't think i even have them anymore... and if your trying o help thank you just seems like everyone on here is out to get me is all.

Comment

I asked Jarrett the same question when doing my suspension. I seem to have a replacement knuckle and the 93 model was the last year they put the castle nut covers on.

Very observant.
                      Stood out like a sore thumb to me.
                      Originally posted by Mishakol129
                      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

okay.. i don't think i even have them anymore... and if your trying o help thank you just seems like everyone on here is out to get me is all.
                        Get thicker skin, I'm trying to save you money and heartache.

Comment

no one is out to get you, its just that some people like to give others a hard time over stupid things.

your car is looking great and like i said keep up the good work

CALI LIFE STYLE

Comment

Originally posted by 408cb7 View Post
                            no one is out to get you, its just that some people like to give others a hard time over stupid things.

your car is looking great and like i said keep up the good work
                            Yeah, we give a hard time to those with poor grammar and spelling, especially when the spelling error is on a car part.

Other than that I'm trying to save her some real $$ on those struts by installing them correctly.

Comment

Yeah, we give a hard time to those with poor grammar and spelling, especially when the spelling error is on a car part.

Other than that I'm trying to save her some real $$ on those struts by installing them correctly.
                              she explained the reason why some of her words were misspelled more than once and you still brought it up, i think you should drop it now.

CALI LIFE STYLE

Comment

Working...
                              X