Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Mint 93!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both Megan and Skunk2 are cheap junk. Neither is a suspension company.

If you get sleeves, the only quality option on the market for us is Ground Control. They use high quality hardware, and their springs are supplied by Eibach (which is a legitimate suspension company... one that employs actual engineers, does actual R&D, and only focuses on one area of expertise: suspension.)

KYB AGX shocks aren't made for any drop lower than 1.5", which is more than what 90&#37; of the springs on the market provide. They are also known "drop killers", meaning in addition to not functioning properly with a drop, they also prevent lowering springs from lowering the car as much as advertised.
    The only shocks that should be used for a drop lower than 1.5", or a spring rate greater than 15% over stock, are Koni Sport ("Yellows") or Tokico Illumina. Bilstein apparently makes a shock capable of handling a drop as well... but I haven't been able to confirm that, so I don't suggest them (especially since they're extremely expensive.)
    Get some Koni Sports in place of those KYBs, and you'll notice a significant difference in both comfort and handling. If you think it's good now, wait until you experience it when it's actually done right!

Do your research. Research suspension components and how they work (shock valving, spring rates, etc...), and research the companies that make various products. If a company is not a legitimate suspension company, avoid them. Most legitimate suspension companies will be open about where and how their components are manufactured. Most legitimate suspension companies also supply OEM components for various automakers.
    Companies such as Koni, Bilstein, Tokico, KYB, and Tein are legitimate shock manufacturers. Companies such as Eibach, H&R, and Vogtland are legitimate spring manufacturers. There are a few legitimate manufacturers of full coilovers as well: H&R, Tein, KW, and a handful of others.
    There are MANY crappy knockoff brands that should be avoided. Companies that are not actual suspension engineering companies. Most of them simply source their products from Chinese/Taiwanese factories that copy legitimate products using inferior materials, machinery, workmanship, and quality assurance. The result is a potentially dangerous product. Companies like D2, Truhart, Raceland, Emusa, Blackworks Racing (BWR), Megan Racing, and many, many others should be avoided.
    Ignore what the kids on the internet say. Use your brain. Many of these junk brands are extremely popular these days due to aggressive marketing, attractive pricing, and word of mouth marketing consisting of people that lack the knowledge or experience to have a valid opinion (of course a brand new set of Racelands is going to feel better than 25 year old sagging springs and blown stock shocks!)

Once you've developed an adequate understanding of how suspension components work, and you've identified a few trustworthy manufacturers, all you need to do is compare product specs to figure out what will best suit your needs. Avoid any prices that are too good to be true... as some brands, Tein most notably, are commonly copied and sold as the real deal... so you can get a "bargain" $500 set of Tein coilovers, only to discover that the deep discount was due to the fact that they're not Tein at all! Buy from trusted resellers. Safety, performance, and longevity are worth spending a few extra dollars.

Additionally, you'll want a camber kit. Especially if you plan on lowering 2" or more. The only brands you should consider are SPC and Ingalls. They each offer a variety of styles, so get the style that you prefer (or consult your alignment tech and ask what they prefer.) There are cheaper brands out there... and they break. I actually learned that lesson myself the hard way! When those things break, you crash. I got lucky. Many others have not.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Both Megan and Skunk2 are cheap junk. Neither is a suspension company.

If you get sleeves, the only quality option on the market for us is Ground Control. They use high quality hardware, and their springs are supplied by Eibach (which is a legitimate suspension company... one that employs actual engineers, does actual R&D, and only focuses on one area of expertise: suspension.)

KYB AGX shocks aren't made for any drop lower than 1.5", which is more than what 90% of the springs on the market provide. They are also known "drop killers", meaning in addition to not functioning properly with a drop, they also prevent lowering springs from lowering the car as much as advertised.
      The only shocks that should be used for a drop lower than 1.5", or a spring rate greater than 15% over stock, are Koni Sport ("Yellows") or Tokico Illumina. Bilstein apparently makes a shock capable of handling a drop as well... but I haven't been able to confirm that, so I don't suggest them (especially since they're extremely expensive.)
      Get some Koni Sports in place of those KYBs, and you'll notice a significant difference in both comfort and handling. If you think it's good now, wait until you experience it when it's actually done right!

Do your research. Research suspension components and how they work (shock valving, spring rates, etc...), and research the companies that make various products. If a company is not a legitimate suspension company, avoid them. Most legitimate suspension companies will be open about where and how their components are manufactured. Most legitimate suspension companies also supply OEM components for various automakers.
      Companies such as Koni, Bilstein, Tokico, KYB, and Tein are legitimate shock manufacturers. Companies such as Eibach, H&R, and Vogtland are legitimate spring manufacturers. There are a few legitimate manufacturers of full coilovers as well: H&R, Tein, KW, and a handful of others.
      There are MANY crappy knockoff brands that should be avoided. Companies that are not actual suspension engineering companies. Most of them simply source their products from Chinese/Taiwanese factories that copy legitimate products using inferior materials, machinery, workmanship, and quality assurance. The result is a potentially dangerous product. Companies like D2, Truhart, Raceland, Emusa, Blackworks Racing (BWR), Megan Racing, and many, many others should be avoided.
      Ignore what the kids on the internet say. Use your brain. Many of these junk brands are extremely popular these days due to aggressive marketing, attractive pricing, and word of mouth marketing consisting of people that lack the knowledge or experience to have a valid opinion (of course a brand new set of Racelands is going to feel better than 25 year old sagging springs and blown stock shocks!)

Once you've developed an adequate understanding of how suspension components work, and you've identified a few trustworthy manufacturers, all you need to do is compare product specs to figure out what will best suit your needs. Avoid any prices that are too good to be true... as some brands, Tein most notably, are commonly copied and sold as the real deal... so you can get a "bargain" $500 set of Tein coilovers, only to discover that the deep discount was due to the fact that they're not Tein at all! Buy from trusted resellers. Safety, performance, and longevity are worth spending a few extra dollars.

Additionally, you'll want a camber kit. Especially if you plan on lowering 2" or more. The only brands you should consider are SPC and Ingalls. They each offer a variety of styles, so get the style that you prefer (or consult your alignment tech and ask what they prefer.) There are cheaper brands out there... and they break. I actually learned that lesson myself the hard way! When those things break, you crash. I got lucky. Many others have not.

Yeah I don't expect anything great from the skunk2s. If I had the extra money I would go for the ground controls, but I don't want sleeves at all so why spend the extra money. Like I said I'm only doing it to get rid of all wheel gap. Just for import alliance. Only about a quarter in lower than I am now. And I'll probably set the sleeves up on these b&g shocks I have laying around. Then afterward I'll go back to my kybs with eibach springs. Until I can get my accuair set up. Thanks for the advice though

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
        I think it's a respray... Did cb's ever come with the lower trim painted from the factory? Every cb I've ever seen (even body color moldings) had the lower trim in black.
        Forgot to comment on this man my bad. Your correct. The special edition 10th anniversary edition or whatever and I believe one other version came with body colored moldings but the lower trim I believe your correct was always black. Mine isn't even a special edition. Just an EX.

Comment

Your CB is wicked clean, great work. I can't stand when the tan interior is soiled and stained, but yours is immaculate. Also, nice RA1 too! What year was yours and what mileage did it have? That's sweet you converted yours to manual! What clutch pedal did you end up using? Did you use a riser box for the shifter? Were you able to keep the flip down cubby that's below the cupholder? Was your clutch line a hardline or an aftermarket braided line? You must be familiar with Fast Eddie's Racing and their contributions to the RA community. Keep up the great work
          EDIT:also the underbody looks great, any details on the undercoating?
          Last edited by Granite CB7; 03-14-2016, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
            Your CB is wicked clean, great work. I can't stand when the tan interior is soiled and stained, but yours is immaculate. Also, nice RA1 too! What year was yours and what mileage did it have? That's sweet you converted yours to manual! What clutch pedal did you end up using? Did you use a riser box for the shifter? Were you able to keep the flip down cubby that's below the cupholder? Was your clutch line a hardline or an aftermarket braided line? You must be familiar with Fast Eddie's Racing and their contributions to the RA community. Keep up the great work
            EDIT:also the underbody looks great, any details on the undercoating?
            Thanks man! Haha I hate that too. That's the thing I'm most proud of us the interior. Im a single dad of 2 kids so alot of the Cars i've had since having them the interior gets filthy quickly. But I have a cover on the back seat and am constantly making sure it stays clean. I even take there shoes off when I put them in and put the shoes in the trunk haha.
            Glad you like the ody! That girl was my pride and joy. I cried when that ahole ran the light and slammed me.
            It was a 95 with around 150K on the body and maybe 80K on the h22 I swapped in. I had to go manual with it I hate automatics haha. I believe I used the pedal out of an accord. Same with the trans. Clutch line was braided. Used a center console from a prelude and made it fit. Had the best look and fit between the seats. Had to fabricate the shifter as of course it was too short coming from the accord trans. But all in all it came out very well. Quickest van I've ever driven for sure. had so much torque. I don't street race but my favorite thing to do was dusting idiot people right off the line at a light in there dumb little civics and mustangs and integras and crap that they thought were fast. Had some work done to the h22 so it was stupid powerful in that ody. Ported and polished. ARP everything. Euro cams. Adjustable can gears. Lightweight pullies. It was pretty quick. I've seen a little fast eddies stuff but haven't really kept up with it.
            Thanks again man.
            Undercarriage wasn't really anything special. Just had it stripped and re done to factory specs. Pretty sure they used your standard undercoating.

Comment

Good morning from the Cb.
              Updated pics coming this evening most likely.

Comment

Took some new pics today.

Bet I could tow it 😂

Comment

car looks god bro, wht size rims are those

Comment

I like the painted grill! I didn't notice that before.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

your area matters a lot if you are talking about the speed of the internet. In most of the areas, good speed internet isn’t available. No doubt, Ptcl is doing a great job by providing high-speed internet to a lot of areas. But most of the areas still don’t have access to high-speed internet. Internet providers over there dodge them by showing the ideal speed of the internet that’s not actually possible. To avoid such problems, people should always keep checking their internet speed. That’s the only way to make sure that you are paying bills for the right speed of the internet. To check the speed of the internet I would suggest this site ptcl speed test

Comment

I have downloaded another instagram profile picture by https://instazoom.mobi/tr/, this website's really good.

Comment

Working...
                        X