Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Second time's a charm - 93 Accord SE Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powered rear hub..... Sounds like someone is tempting to go AWD

Comment

Finally found some time at work to swap over the Odyssey knuckles, couldn't have been easier to do. I don't have the rear hubs yet so the overall look is... interesting right now, I should be going to get them tomorrow. Also changed out the bumper indicators and turn signals to clear units, stripped the terrible smoke paint on the headlights. Anyway, I'm going to be running these wheels with smaller tires, the ones in the picture are just the ones the wheels came with. Also got my one piece JDM headlights in the mail, going to wait to put those on though.

Last edited by Yodamaster; 09-16-2020, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Went and got the MDX rear suspension today! It's as I expected, Honda recycled dimensions, the length from the center of the body mount to the center of the first set of holes for the hubs are identical from Accord to MDX, and the bolt pattern is identical too. An MDX trailing arm will fit directly onto a CB7's rear spindle and it also goes the other way. The only caveat is that the distance from the mounting holes on the hub to the center of the hub itself is longer on the MDX, but that can be fixed fairly easily by sectioning the trailing arm by the same amount (not much)

Comment

how soon are the plans for the k in your future?
          Im finishing up my boosted k24 and love the idea of awd
          Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
          93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Honestly not too sure when I'll get to doing the engine stuff, maybe over the winter? I want to get the rear sorted out first, as it's the most critical part of what I want to do.

Anyway, things went well today, everything kind of just worked out the way I wanted. Everything was quickly tacked up to see how it'd all work, so it's not pretty or finished. I shortened the trailing arm (need 1cm more), and modified one of the Megan toe arms to accept the MDX knuckle. Mounted it all and it looks like it'll work, the only permanent modification so far would be mounting the MDX upper control arm to the frame, which I haven't done yet, and consequently why the knuckle looks like stance nation's greatest hits at the moment. I'm going to have some thick aluminum spacers made to lower the subframe to level out the lower control arm at ride height.

Comment

So I took my MDX and SPC arms and dissected them to make my own adjustable upper control arm, mounted that to the chassis and hey presto it functions perfectly with no binding. The only part I haven't figured out yet is how to mount the coilovers so they aren't in the way of the (future) axles, for now they rest on bolts so I can roll the car around, but I have an idea on how to tackle that later. Now that I have a working proof of concept I can go back and refine/strengthen each part before doing the other side.

Comment

This is inventive and moving at an impressive pace.
                http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

It's been a while, a while of gathering information that is. The pandemic hit me financially but I'm still on track to do this, I have a K24 ready to rebuild! I still need to figure out what trans tunnel and trans I'm going to use, I was thinking Miata or BMW, CD09 would be too big. Yesterday I just spent some time power washing the loose grime off the car and somewhat detailing the engine bay, felt good to tinker with it again.

Comment

Nice! Your car reminds me of a buddy of mine's that he had back about 10 years ago. He got an OBX intake and exhaust and it really woke the car up and was fun to drive. Can't wait to see the progress--keep it up!

Comment

Every few weeks or so I get the itch to build another one, and this thread isn't helping. Keep up the excellent work.
                      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

So it's going to be RWD? We've seen a couple attempts of that on the forum. Personally I think it's pointless, I'd just get an E30 and K-swap for basically the same end product, but I really hope you don't lose interest in finishing! This is too cool.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I believe he is going AWD not RWD.
                          ~Nick~
                          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

There's that guy on youtube I've seen recently who did the AWD to a CB7. But he hacked the whole bottom back end out and put a frame in there to make everything fit / work. Used the civic transfer case (modified) to fit the H22.
                            Jesus, this is something my turbo needs haha, but far too much hacking for me.

Comment

Sooo my original plans didn't survive Covid, but I've not given up. The car sat for a long time as I went through a lot of financial and life issues, but the good news is that it's almost ready to hit the road again. Currently I'm going to drive it with the F22 as a daily driver and slowly improve on it. I still have a K24 waiting in a TSX for this car, it's just a matter of pulling the trigger, so I'll be collecting the parts for the swap here and there until I'm ready. I've been working at the same place for quite a while now, and it just so happens that one of our favorite things to do is put K series motors in everything, so my swap would be on the easier end of things I've done so far.

Recently I've been fixing small things to get it roadworthy, like replacing the alternator, battery, completing the five lug swap, and fixing leaks that have been plaguing my trunk the entire time it's sat in the lot. The latter being the worst problem since the car sat for a whole year with three or four individual leaks, flooding the spare tire well and causing mayhem with the spare parts I had in the trunk. I made my own taillight seals, vent seal, and rear window clip seals and replaced them all, no more leaks! Last weekend I power washed the thing and it's got me a lot more excited now that it's not covered in moss.

As you can see, I installed the JDM one piece headlights that have been up in the rafters for over a year now, and they're probably my favorite part of the car right now. One of our acquaintances has a set of Enkei RPF1's that he's willing to sell me, and I think I'll go for it, as I'm not entirely satisfied with the wheels that are on it right now. I also deleted the A/C since I don't really want/need it.

Last edited by Yodamaster; 06-14-2022, 11:02 PM.

Comment

The one piece headlights look great on there!

If you already removed the A/C, be sure to rid of all components for it to shave weight.
                                Remove the condenser as well.
                                Condenser removed, better flow, and if running aftermarket radiator, it will definitely be eye catcher.
                                Run push fans on condenser side since you are going K, it will give more clearance in the bay.

I had issues with leaks in my trunk too.
                                Turns out to be the silicone in the trunk seal channel.

Cleaned it all, and applied new silicone, no more leaks.

MRT

Comment

Working...
                                X