Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My '92 EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My '92 EX

Hey Y'all, I've been lurking here for the past couple of years since I got my CB7. My grandpa bought it new and it spent about 25 years in Quito running up and down the mountains there. My uncle shipped it back to me a couple years ago and it took over daily driver duty from my E60 M5 for about a year until I got a Sequoia. Still have all three but the Sequoia is usually the daily and the M5 is my project car so I haven't had a ton of time for the CB7 but it's lots of fun to drive and work on when I get the chance. Just got done fixing a mess of wiring shorts and the alternator so its finally running like it should again. I haven't done much except for the Gloss Wicked 3M wrap, DC Sports headers, and an ebay catback to replace the rusted out stock exhaust that was leaking. Really appreciate all the good info on the forum. Really needed the DIY section to figure out why my spark plug tubes kept getting oil in them because of those O-rings under the rocker arm assembly. Here are some pictures from the past couple of years:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190419_155732.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	4978947

Name:	20190506_082416.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	4978948

Name:	20190523_101845 (2).jpg
Views:	172
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	4978949

Welcome. Looks like your CB was well cared for and is in capable hands. I have always wanted an E60 M5, but every time that I might pull the trigger I think about the bearing concerns and bankruptcy.
    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Thanks! My grandpa and uncle definitely took meticulous care of it especially given how hard it is to get parts where they were at. It only has about 138k miles which is actually only about 12k more than the M5 which is 15 years newer. It had some bad wiring and shorts that kept it somewhat out of commission for the past few months but it is finally up and running like new again. The M5 has definitely been a journey. I got it in late 2012 and it's been my project car for the past few years which is why the Accord has taken a back seat so far. I actually just changed out the bearings for the first time that are coated and with better clearance than stock after 8+ years of ownership. Surprisingly the stock/OEM bearings lasted until 124k miles though they showed a lot of wear, once they get upgraded you really don't have to worry about them. Also did a 6 speed swap on it about 5 years ago when the SMG transmission finally quit and required a $6500 hydraulic pump to fix, having the 6 MT has made it a MUCH more reliable. It's not a cheap car to own but if you can find one with rod bearings that have been replaced for BE/ACL/VAC bearings and a manual the upkeep really isn't much different than any other BMW/Merc/Audi in terms of parts and labor...compared to a CB7 though it's pretty pricey. I also just put a supercharger on it so we'll see how that affects reliability haha, I considered boosting the Accord first but it didn't seem like the most prudent thing to do.

Comment

Looks good! How many km/miles on the car?

Comment

Thanks, it's got 139k miles on it. Doesn't look as good as it did in these photos since last week some city contractors showed up to fix a leak in the city main gas line and managed to cave in one of my front fenders with their digger.

Comment

WTF... really. So you got insurance?

Comment

Yup, unfortunately don't have insurance other than liability and the deductible would be higher than fixing most things so I didn't bother. Been calling trying to get it worked out but since I was not actually there when it happened and it did not get reported at the time I'm not hopeful I'm going to get it taken care of by anyone. Probably going to eventually order a new fender and try and wrap it myself at some point, luckily it was only one pretty accessible body panel that got messed up.

Comment

Working...
              X