Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Single Family 1993 Ex 5 spd CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Family 1993 Ex 5 spd CB7

Hi,

I am new here but I am looking for the CB7 community in the Bay Area, CA. I have quite a few questions about how I can continue restoring my family's accord that we have been maintaining in prime condition throughout its life. My parents bought it in '93 and have recently been letting me restore the last few things it needs to look clean. Anybody still use this website? Having a hard time uploading images

Here are some pics
    Attached Files

Comment

What a beauty!

I still lurk around here, but sadly, I am no longer a resident of California.

My CB7 passion did start and peak while I was still there in Central California and I do have many contacts of fellow Accord enthusiasts around the state.

Majority of them have moved on to social media and that is where you may connect with them. (NorCalAccords.... sub division of my created group, CenCalAccords)

Sadly, social media is not as organized as the forums and will not have the adequate information to assist you on your resto-mod.
      Most answers you get from there are guesses, and the post can easily be lost.

That is a mighty fine and clean CB you have.

What kind of questions did you have for restoration?

MRT

Comment

Hey, thanks for the response.

The main thing I am working on right now is the rear seat backs. They have lots of sun damage and are very faded. I have the blue interior. I don't know where or how to find new back seats or possible methods for correcting the faded fabric.

Comment

This is a picture, hopefully you can see, the top of the back seats are very very faded and looks bad lol
          Attached Files

Comment

Keep checking EB you'd be surprised at some of the things that show up. There's a number of sellers who specialize in NOS and you just might find like new seat upholstery among other things. Too bad your family didn't install window film when the car was new it would have really mitigated most of the UV damage. It's something you might still consider.

Also check with local dealers and find out who they use to refurbish their used cars. They can really help out for color matching interior plastics that have color changed over time. They may also be able to dye your speaker fabrics...

BTW your car looks fantastic it's great to see more original owners of there!
            My Collection:
            93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
            00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
            04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Thank you. I like the look of no tint on these cars, but it would have been nice to have had the clear uv protection on the windows for sure. I recently dyed the rear speaker fabrics in a color that matches close enough, but it would be nice to find the exact color. The speakers will look a thousand times better once the back seats are the correct color. I will keep an eye out for seats and will talk to my guys at the dealer to see if they know who could match the colors better.

I also need to spray the inside of the wheel well. The body around the wheel is a grey color now and would look clean if it was all black. Does anybody have a recommendation for what kind of spray I should use ?

Comment

Originally posted by 1ownerCB7 View Post
                Thank you. I like the look of no tint on these cars, but it would have been nice to have had the clear uv protection on the windows for sure. I recently dyed the rear speaker fabrics in a color that matches close enough, but it would be nice to find the exact color. The speakers will look a thousand times better once the back seats are the correct color. I will keep an eye out for seats and will talk to my guys at the dealer to see if they know who could match the colors better.

I also need to spray the inside of the wheel well. The body around the wheel is a grey color now and would look clean if it was all black. Does anybody have a recommendation for what kind of spray I should use ?
                1ownerCB7

Personally, I wouldn't spray such a sensitive area that deals with the elements.

Id recommend a goo degreasing and a wash to get off as much debris as possible.
                Then for the plastics, use fire.
                Flames will help restore the plastic in that region.

Spray will work temporarily, but the elements will get to it again causing it to look worst if it starts chipping away at the spray.

If going spray, I suggest a full degrease, a fine sanding, adhesive promoter and then Black Trim spray.

https://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-C.../dp/B0007UAXJQ

https://www.amazon.com/SEM-39143-Tri.../dp/B000EM019O

Those aren't exact products I recommend, but those are the first things that popped up under a search.

MRT

Comment

The only thing that comes to mind is rubberized spray undercoating.You can pickup an aerosol can from almost anywhere.

My Collection:
                  93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
                  00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
                  04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

I'm jealous - I sold my last CB7 January 1.

Contact local auto upholstery shops and ask if they can get Honda fabrics or something very close. If you can remove the fabric it will save $$. Looks like you did a good job with the speakers - I was able to get new cloth that matched pretty well for tan and maroon speakers in different CBs I've had.
                    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Envious of those scuff-free OEM alloy wheels... so wish I had a set of those. They look so much better than the plastic grey hubcaps it's not even funny

honestly barely anything to even restore IMO, but then again I'm happy when my cars still have all four wheels

if that OEM paint is still that damn perfect even after 29 years, get it ceramic coated.

Comment

Originally posted by SaddleMtnMan View Post
                        Envious of those scuff-free OEM alloy wheels... so wish I had a set of those. They look so much better than the plastic grey hubcaps it's not even funny

honestly barely anything to even restore IMO, but then again I'm happy when my cars still have all four wheels

if that OEM paint is still that damn perfect even after 29 years, get it ceramic coated.
                        Although the wheels look nice, I just recently had the wheels refurbished, and purchased new center caps so the wheels look brand new. I am in love with the rims on this car. As much as I want to start modding the crap outta this car, I am in love with the OEM original look of this car that lead to it being the most sold car in America at the time. So everything inside and out is updated but OEM on this car.... Except for my fading back seats upholstery....

Comment

Here is a better shot of the rims, but having to make my files smaller to post on here is not doing it justice lol
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here is a better shot of the rims, but having to make my files smaller to post on here is not doing it justice lol
                            You can upload images to a site like imgur.com, and then use the direct link (The one that ends in .jpg, or right-click and go to "copy image link") to embed the image in highest quality. Saves on a lot of bandwidth that CB7tuners has to pay for too.

Comment

Your CB7 is so mint! I just picked one up recently, not as mint as yours though.

Comment

Working...
                              X