Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

lowest miles eva? my 92 lx w/ 19k actual miles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lowest miles eva? my 92 lx w/ 19k actual miles!

Had this a few months now - when I got it, it only had 18XXX miles on it! put about 1k on it so far.

Here is the story: I bought it at a foreclosure auction, the old man had dozens of pieces of property and was being forced to sell them off. This accord was sitting in the backyard, hadn't been driven in a few years, tons of leaves and dirt, and the interior had never been vacuumed - kind of gross.

But about a weeks worth of scrubbing revealed a virtually perfect interior!

I changed the timing belt, water pump and gave it a full tune up just to be safe, and the original stuff was all in there so I wanted to make sure, as I hope to keep this car at least 5-10 years and with these miles I think I can!

Unfortunately it needs a quarter panel on the driver's side (from a fender bender I assume) and there are some scratches and dings, but I am saving up to get all that fixed. If anyone ever comes across some perfect fenders in opal green let me know!

Added the factory wheels (bought them off ebay) as I want to keep this stock looking and restored...

Here are the pics:

Attached Files
    Last edited by everdave; 01-06-2007, 06:23 PM.

Dude...stop driving that car!! Preserve every litte bit while you still can!! I did a post on this awhile back...about finding a cb in some back lot barn with like 20K on it....i dunno how you feel about it, but maybe post a list of all the stuff it still has from the factory......??

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Beautiful! I love that rare color. Not driving a car enough can be as bad or even worse than a really high mileage car. Be sure to check out all the important pieces like timing belt/water pump etc when you have the chance. I know there's definately more to check out, but can't think of it at the moment. I'm sure others will chime in.

Comment

Ok, well, dont stop driving it, but maybe drive it a few blcoks..maybe on Sundays...?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
          Dude...stop driving that car!! Preserve every litte bit while you still can!! I did a post on this awhile back...about finding a cb in some back lot barn with like 20K on it....i dunno how you feel about it, but maybe post a list of all the stuff it still has from the factory......??
          Do you have a link?

And don't worry too much, I don't drive that much (live across the street from my college, etc...) so it will probably only see 3-5k miles a year if that.

Originally posted by Prez808
          Beautiful! I love that rare color. Not driving a car enough can be as bad or even worse than a really high mileage car. Be sure to check out all the important pieces like timing belt/water pump etc when you have the chance. I know there's definately more to check out, but can't think of it at the moment. I'm sure others will chime in.
          THANKS! But yes as soon as I got it, I didn't even put 50 miles on it and I went and spent a ton replacing timing belt/water pump/drive belts etc... as they had been on there since 1992. Didn't want to take any chances!

Comment

haha sweet man!

Comment

That's a gem! Take great care of it and drive safely Were the calipers seized up? How's the condition of the whole suspension? What other things did it need or what else did you replace on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7
                That's a gem! Take great care of it and drive safely Were the calipers seized up? How's the condition of the whole suspension? What other things did it need or what else did you replace on it?
                no nothing was seized up from sitting, BUT i had to replace the control arms and bearing on the drivers rear wheel from the fender bender - which I guess is why the old man parked the car! The rear wheel was slightly cocked. So I got a trusted shop to do that and they fixed it up good as new - aligns perfectly and everything. Easy fix and only a couple hundred bucks!

The suspension was great - I told the shop to replace or fix ANYTHING AT ALL it needed and they didn't even want to do the brakes or anything on the suspension other than what I mentioned - they said it would just be a waste!

Other than that I just did all the tune up stuff, the timing belt and water pump i mentioned, brand new tires, the wheels from ebay, and there were a few tiny pieces missing (like the tan clips in the trunk) but i am obsessive and got all those from a pull-a-part.

By the way if anyone needs any tan interior parts I have quite a few (I actually just bought a parts car yesterday to have as a backup - in case I ever need a window or something - yes I am CB7 crazy now and this is my first honda EVER! and I am 29!)

Oh and it had the factory floor mats! The rears were absolutely untouched - I honestly think no one had ever sat in the backseat until I bought the car and took my friends out to eat! But sadly there was an ink spot on one and they were both kind of dirty, they are still in my trunk where they will stay, but I bought some matching custom mats off ebay to protect the interior, I took the factory perfect rears out to preserve them! Maybe one day when I have the car showroom perfect I will have my factory fronts recovered and put them back in.
                Last edited by everdave; 01-06-2007, 06:52 PM.

Comment

^Nice job, you're very meticulous

Comment

Put that in a Museum!! lol j/k.. take care of that car

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

damn the interior is hella clean
                      bow down and S my D

Comment

Nice find there buddy You got the EX wheels too, which look better than the LX ones IMO.

My swap thread
                        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Lets hope the body holds up nice. That thing is going to last you for years if you keep it in good shape. You did a nice job cleaning that car up, I can't imagine how filthy it was after sitting for a couple of years.

Comment

VERY good find, definately keep it. Heck you could beat the crap out of it and get another 100k easily b/c it's a honda. Treat it good you'll get 200k plus more.
                            My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by f22cb7lx
                              Put that in a Museum!! lol j/k.. take care of that car

That is soo true, you are one lucky man! take care of that car more then yourself

GOOD JOB

Comment

Working...
                              X