Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Saved Christian man in a poker tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saved Christian man in a poker tournament

whats up cb7tuners. I am 25 yrs. I got saved in Sept. 2007. I was out in the world and now I have my new faith and salvation. Well, this question goes to any other tuners who may be Christians and living for God. I see a lot post and topics on the internet about the internet and gambling. But I for one am a man who loves poker, theres nothing wrong with playin for free but we have local tournaments with $5, 10 and sometimes $20 buy-in. Now I could carless about the money because I have a job and know about an honest living. But do you think that spending $5 to play is wrong. I mean if I win, I win but Im only trying to play because people tend to bring there A game when there is something at stake. God knows my heart and my intentions. If anyone want to share any feed back feel free. I know the dangers and temptation of money but believe me, I am a cheerful giver, I give every single day. Holla at me, followers of Christ. The few, the proud, the Saints of God.
    Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

thats not something we can answer, thats between you and Him
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Ask your minister. There are hardly any true practicing Christian in this day and age. If you feel you have sinned, just ask for forgiveness afterwards.

Comment

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. When game starts taking the place of everything else, then it becomes a problem.
        NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

I think it's fine, theres a difference between being in it for making money due to an addiction, and in it to have a little fun. It's all about degrees of motives. If it's purely for fun, there shouldn't be anything wrong at all. It'd be like spending that tiny bit of money doing something else. Now if someone were addicted to gambling, then I'd urge anyone to stay away because it would more than likely lead to worse habits.

Frost White 1991 LX

Comment

In the Bible is clearly states gambling is wrong and a sin.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

In the end....

And the winner is God, His Word is perfect. My revelation is now clear. Here is what the spirit is putting on my heart. "Although your intentions may be pure of heart, do not put yourself in a place of temptation. "You could be easily caught up and pulled back in the world. "There is no way around My Word, for I am my Word; My Word is Perfect." "Either you are with Me or against Me." "I say live a Holy and separate life in the world, not of the world." Thank you Lord, thank you fellow tuners, you guys are the best. If anyone wants prayer, or has questions or anything God related, post a thread or pm me. Im living for Christ!
              Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

Comment

Originally posted by 1991acclude
                And the winner is God, His Word is perfect. My revelation is now clear. Here is what the spirit is putting on my heart. "Although your intentions may be pure of heart, do not put yourself in a place of temptation. "You could be easily caught up and pulled back in the world. "There is no way around My Word, for I am my Word; My Word is Perfect." "Either you are with Me or against Me." "I say live a Holy and separate life in the world, not of the world." Thank you Lord, thank you fellow tuners, you guys are the best. If anyone wants prayer, or has questions or anything God related, post a thread or pm me. Im living for Christ!
                I believed that you would do the right thing.
                "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
                "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
                ><((((º>

Comment

(Proverbs 28:20) 20 A man of faithful acts will get many blessings, but he that is hastening to gain riches will not remain innocent.

(Ephesians 5:3-5) 3 Let fornication and uncleanness of every sort or greediness not even be mentioned among YOU, just as it befits holy people; 4 neither shameful conduct nor foolish talking nor obscene jesting, things which are not becoming, but rather the giving of thanks. 5 For YOU know this, recognizing it for yourselves, that no fornicator or unclean person or greedy person—which means being an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of the Christ and of God.

(Ephesians 4:28) 28 Let the stealer steal no more, but rather let him do hard work, doing with his hands what is good work, that he may have something to distribute to someone in need.

(1 Timothy 6:10) 10 For the love of money is a root of all sorts of injurious things, and by reaching out for this love some have been led astray from the faith and have stabbed themselves all over with many pains.

(Proverbs 13:4) 4 The lazy one is showing himself desirous, but his soul [has] nothing. However, the very soul of the diligent ones will be made fat.

top that off have ya'll seen jesus gamble?

nuff said
                  1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

you really think He minds a friendly card game every now and then???
                    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

me and a few friends used to go up to the church and play poker every now and then. we dont anymore and we never played for money, just for fun...would that be considered sacreligeous?

Comment

If you win. donate the money to something positive.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

for fun cool i do it all the time but for money not a good idea....
                          1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

i don't gamble and now i don't speak to my father because he owes me an apology for accusing me of gambling. But i do have a drink, it's not a sin to have an alcoholic beverage right?

Comment

well...

I've been asked about this too. There are plenty of scriptures that you can relate to your questions. For one, there is one in Genesis I think when Noah was speaking with God and he was drunk, well it had to be alcoholic for him to be drunk. The Holy Bible has other references where its states when drinking, drink not of a drunkard. In other words, MODERATION is the key. It speaks of wine lots of times. Usually at parties, and other festivities. I read somewhere online where the wine then wasn't as potent as ours is today. It's was more water and less alcohol. My answer to the question, liquor is out of the question. Wine is acceptable, only in moderation with no intention of getting intoxicated. When I was drinking it I wouldn't even fill the glass, just to make it easy to overcome temptation shall it arise. It's easy to over do it and go back to the world, especially when the flesh gets so much pleasure from it. Beer is a no-no unless it's the non alcoholic kind. Once again this is only my opinion. I've had O'douls when my non saved friends when have parties and I would drop by for a bit, but still it wasnt my scene. As Christians we are in the world but not of the world. You can ask you pastor about it, I know communion at my church is done with grape juice, now I never asked my pastor about it, but I will. My guess is that they don't use real wine b/c of the youth. The Holy Bible says do not take anything away from this book. But if you are a disciple of Christ, go to the Lord in prayer and ask about it, ask and it shall be given to you, in this case knowledge about drinking. Me I just don't consume alcohol anymore. I might consider champagne if it's a wedding, notice I said consider, but thats the only situation. Hope this helps God bless.
                              Last edited by 1991acclude; 03-15-2008, 08:11 PM. Reason: grammar
                              Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

Comment

Working...
                              X