Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Thinking of Circuit City intalling anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of Circuit City intalling anything?

If you are thinking of CC installing anything in your car. Read through this first. $12,000 dammage done to this guys SI with 800 miles on the odometer.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/garag...tallation.html

Sucks.. Installer didn't knew what it was doing.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I dont shop at CC anymore after they decided to lay off most of the work force and hirethem back at lower wages....

old news but, refuse to shop there since..

Link to news story

Comment

Originally posted by dandroz240
        I dont shop at CC anymore after they decided to lay off most of the work force and hirethem back at lower wages....

old news but, refuse to shop there since..

Link to news story
        My brother had been working as an installer at circuit city for like 8 years when they laid him off last year but he didn't mind cuz he's a full time firefighter but he missed the easy money doing something he loves. The manager has since called him back because he was the lead installer and they gave him his same salary. I only shop there to get his discount.
        "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
        "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
        ><((((º>

Comment

i've quit shopping there. They never have anything in stock that i need/want.
          Best Buy is alright.. actually i'm not overly impressed with any store right now.

Comment

i had my radar installed there and hard wired cause i was to lazy plus it was free...they did a good job..everything is hidden and everything in my car still works
            Members Ride / Facebook

Comment

Trumped up

Install done on 7/21/07 with 800 miles on car and he took it for an estimate on 02/2008 with 16,000 miles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMhUhJmBStg

lol at the lisp

cut harness (not that big of a deal that is what fuses are for his car will not light on fire or put any on at risk for that)

heater duct (They cut into the plastic ductwork. it isn't like they destroyed the integrity of the car from that. They should have discussed cutting the duct with him, but it isn't as huge an ordeal as that thread makes it all. I have done those cars all the time without cutting or moving the ductwork though)

yes it was a terrible job but he is making it out the be something else

If they think that car is unsafe id like to have that honda look at most of the peoples can on this site
              Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 03-31-2008, 01:51 PM.

Comment

I dont get what the issue was? Were his climate controls not working? Granted it is pretty sloppy in there but I cant see that $12,000 justified, just because they're going to remove all the aftermarket equipment and return it back to stock, thats his choice. He could have it fixed correctly and make the aftermarket parts work correctly for maybe another $500. Plus it doesnt take 44 hours of labor to do that stuff. Sounds like they're tryin to hose Circuit City

Comment

I saw that yesterday I was going to post but eh I didn't lol

Comment

Heard about this from another Forum, I don't know, when you are doing a good size/high end install, you need to maybe spend a little extra or make sure that the guys doing the work aren't still in high school and have been doing installers for a long time, and can show proof of their work, or you know someone who has had work done by them.

I didn't read the full article, but I hope CC is going to take care of things for this guy, I would like to see how they think they could get out of being completely responsible for footing the repair bill.
                    CanAm '10 Cruise - Niagara Falls, ON -- Largest Annual TAC/6GA/AZine Cruise, June 4th-6th

Comment

What a little bitch.

Electrical tape will fix it.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                        What a little bitch.

Electrical tape will fix it.
                        electrical tape will fix anything

Comment

i see no safety hazard as mentioned above why did he wait 15200 miles to get it checked by HONDA goes to show some civic owners are pussy i plan on working at circuit city but i know what im doing i would never cut and splice in to the stock harness.
                          Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                          Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                          JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Repost?

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

definately a repost in one way or anothing. but as an installer, I'd like you to understand that SHIT HAPPENS!

The best installers in the world fuck up from time to time. I remember repairing a/c lines on a $250k ferrari 360. Some cars have problems with them in the first place that you have to deal with. And just because someone messes up doesnt make them a bad installer or means they dont know anything. Maybe they are new, or its their first time working on the car. Or the usual cause of problems, THE CAR IS JUNK.

Those totals for damage include parts and labor, I dont know if you have ever gone to mechanics or body shops. But work isnt cheap, same thing with car stereo installation. There is a lot of liability involved with taking peoples cars apart and messing with teh electrical system. So instead of talking shit on one persons fuck up, you try to think about what happened and why he would do it. I'm not saying the guy wasnt an idiot. But do not judge and entire industry, company, shop or even an installer based off of one screw up.

Talk to your installer, ask them questions, dont base your decision off of people on the internet. Talk to a couple other local shops, ask them about the other shops in town. Talk to your friends also.

If you do have technical questions there are a few knowledgable installers on this forum who can easily answer your questions.

Member Ride Facebook
                              XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                              SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                              For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X