Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Anyone Know anything about Acura Legends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Know anything about Acura Legends?

I have a friend that wants to sell me a '94 Legend. As far as I know, its a V6, auto, outside is like brand new but the inside needs touching up. I looked at the cunsumer guide on the computer and they seem to have some trouble but most cars always have trouble. I dont know much about a Legend. Can anyone help me out. I planning to get the car Monday morning.
    F22A1 = Now, NA : Soon, Turbo
    My Member's Thread
    Arcadia Green #14

What would you like to know?

Ive never owned one or known anyone who did, but id guess theyre just like most other early-mid 90s Honda Product. Good on gas, reliable(for the most part). Its a v6 and i imagine it comes with leather and a few other plush goodies. So..cant go wrong there.

How much is he asking for it?
    Whats the mileage like?
    Did he take care of it?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

They are prone to headgasket failure so if your bud isn't sure when it was done, just make sure you replace it with a quality aftermarket replacement like fel-pro. My brother learned the hard way--he had to replace his twice within like 10 months and he's an ase certified mechanic. He sold the car after that.

This is one of those times when I wouldn't recommend oem
      "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
      "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
      ><((((º>

Comment

They are the mercedes benz of honda if you take care of them... Leather, sunroof, hell the rare 3.2vs type 2 that came with a 6 speed. The legend is the bigger sister to the Acura CL , TL, and RL

Comment

According to what I know, he's asking 2000 but willing to go low as 1500. I was told it has about 130k to 140k on it. I was looking what the most common cause on those cars were and the head gasket seems to be on of them. That what I'm probably going to be getting once I get the car. Pretty much I'll be doing the tune up the day I get it.
          My Member's Thread
          Arcadia Green #14

Comment

Had several of them. Only known issue is the head gasket. Get it done, and you're golden...
            Excellent car btw...

Trev.
            RETIRED...

Comment

Thanks for the comment. I just needed to know what the problems would be. Thanks for the info All
              My Member's Thread
              Arcadia Green #14

Comment

i would definitely hop on that if i were you man.

i love those cars.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkRidgeRacer
                  According to what I know, he's asking 2000 but willing to go low as 1500. I was told it has about 130k to 140k on it. I was looking what the most common cause on those cars were and the head gasket seems to be on of them. That what I'm probably going to be getting once I get the car. Pretty much I'll be doing the tune up the day I get it.

You can usually verify the headgasket issue by driving it for awhile. If the gaskets aren't bad, there is no reason to replace them. Some cars had issues, and some did not. From what I have seen, it appears the ones that had a lack of cooling system flushes were the ones that had the most trouble.

Drive it for at least 30-45minutes and see if it starts to get warmer than normal. If not, it is OK. Changing the head gaskets isn't easy on those, so why do it if it doesn't need it?

Great car BTW. I am considering one myself.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Ludacris drive around in a 94 Legend.

No joke.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

I've got a 91 legend. Running perfect. No headgasket issue, but i do hear its a problem. Never had a cooling issue either, another common problem. My trans mount was dead lots of vibrations, replaced it and now the car runs like a dream. Nice "executive" type of car.

Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

i've got a repair manual in PDF for the '91 Legend if you need it. i found a website that had manuals so i just started downloading everything.

hmm i think it's one of those factory ones too.

Comment

Good car..
                          Korea..
                          Legend was sold in different name.
                          Daewoo Arcadia. Same as Acura Legend except Dawoo emblem with no sunroof.
                          1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                          2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                          3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                          4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                          5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

i have a 94 legend sedan and a 88 legend sedan. love them!

the 94's have

headgasket issues

thats pretty much it. just regular maintence. theres one of the few minor problem cars out there.

GET IT

and when your bored, visit acura-legend.com

heres Christian (DV8) the moderator over there.

pushing 300hp with nos. probably 600+ with twins by the end of this year.
                            Last edited by quickangel93; 04-13-2008, 09:05 AM.
                            miss my turbo cb7
                            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Yeah I was looking at his car last night. I happened to stumble upon that site by googling Legend. I just wanted to know everything about an Acura Legend like when I first got my CB7. I wanted to know everything that can know about a CB.
                              My Member's Thread
                              Arcadia Green #14

Comment

Working...
                              X