Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lowered in Winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowered in Winter

So right now I have 16" rota's with summer tires/stock suspension/ex lip. I have koni yellows/neuspeed race springs which is a 2" drop, I'm getting a type R lip and I'll put snow tires on for the winter..

My question is, being lowered two inches, is driving in the winter going to suck? Should I be concerned? Will my lip get ripped off easy or is there anything else I should be worried about? Does traction in the snow get affected by ride height?

Thanks

Originally posted by MyCord View Post
    So right now I have 16" rota's with summer tires/stock suspension/ex lip. I have koni yellows/neuspeed race springs which is a 2" drop, I'm getting a type R lip and I'll put snow tires on for the winter..

My question is, being lowered two inches, is driving in the winter going to suck? Should I be concerned? Will my lip get ripped off easy or is there anything else I should be worried about? Does traction in the snow get affected by ride height?

Thanks
    Is this your first year in ne?

Comment

Take the lip off for winter, you shouldn't have many problems. Just dont drive in a storm lol. I drove mine lowered like 2.5" in Canadian winter and had only one problem, I got stuck in a slushy storm and broke my lip ....other then that I had no problems at all.

Comment

My first year in ne? No I've lived here for 18 years.. I've driven in winters, just not with a lowered car, I'm unsure if it's smart to lower my car or not at this time.

Comment

2" should be fine.......
          I was on 3" and this is how it look :

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

I don't drive any of my cars during winter. Except when I had my WRX. That car was made for winter.

Comment

take the lip off for winter and put it on when spring comes back again. Besides, everyone's car looks shitty in the winter time. Well...at least in places that have yucky snow and salted roads.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

During the winter, I was dropped about 2.5", and the only problem I had, was traction upfront, because of the lean on the wheels. Haven't gotten a toe adjustment yet, so only the inside of my tires were touching the ground. Didn't drive much, cause that was when I had a blown head gasket. Still ran though.
                98' Mustang 3V Swap
                11' VW CC R36

Comment

driving lowered in teh snow isn't really an issue for me, and i've seen some pretty nasty winters... the only problem i've ever had was traction... and thats because i had bald tires in front.

Comment

My 1st winter, CB was stock. 2nd, left the CB dropped on D2's (summer height, approx 3" drop maybe). 3rd, actually raised it up 1 1/2, actually had snow tires this time! The 3rd winter was my fav, less to watch out for, snow tires made the car do amazing, but still took it easy!

Comment

Thanks everyone.. I feel better about lowering it now

Comment

Working...
                      X