Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Honda Tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
    Man some of the cover cars I've seen on the covers on HT have had no more work put into them than my car (wheels, swap, suspension)... it just so happened they were Civics owned by popular people on the west coast.
    oh is that possible.... not trying to be mean but your car is not detailed in anyway shape or form compared to cover cars thats what magazines look for... and thats the key to coverage, just look at a few pics....the day you see accord or prelude go to this extreme then its going to get coverage

Last edited by oneoffaccord; 12-29-2008, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
      oh is that possible.... not trying to be mean but your car is not detailed in anyway shape or form compared to cover cars thats what magazines look for... and thats the key to coverage, just look at a few pics....the day you see accord or prelude go to this extreme then its going to get coverage

Not sayin my car is magazine worthy in the least... barely picture worthy, lol, but there are some very clean CBs being overlooked

They said themselves they're biased to Civs and Tegs for whatever wack reason and to west coast cars cause that's where they're based, and some other shit about the scene there...

No biggies, but if its BS its BS. Clean cars should be in no doubt, but why bother callin it Honda Tuning... they only feature like 3 kinds of Hondas. Civic/Integra + all motor/turbo B+K + extreme paint job = wash rinse repeat. Its boring IMO

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
        Not sayin my car is magazine worthy in the least... barely picture worthy, lol, but there are some very clean CBs being overlooked

They said themselves they're biased to Civs and Tegs for whatever wack reason and to west coast cars cause that's where they're based, and some other shit about the scene there...

No biggies, but if its BS its BS. Clean cars should be in no doubt, but why bother callin it Honda Tuning... they only feature like 3 kinds of Hondas. Civic/Integra + all motor/turbo B+K + extreme paint job = wash rinse repeat. Its boring IMO
        you are correct i must say

Comment

you are correct i must say
          not that im hating on anybody else's chances at ever being on a mag but people like oneoff have had there cars for years and have put time money and plenty of effort to be that one car that no1 can say its just like every other CB,civic,crx etc. out there... all this "JDM" talk is aii but the truth is as much as you might put into your car thats "JDM" wise is just not enough we are talkin about extensive work, examples: a nice swap with supporting mods and a tuck, brake upgrades and suspension, paint is a must and not some cheap shit either, no rust or imperfections, interior, ice at times not everyone cares for it, nice rims some hard to find one's, interior, seats roll cage things of that nature, even after all that like i said it has to be unique things can be bought but when you put somethin on your car that no one can say hey i have that thats when a car can be considered after all that was said above as well but anyway let me stop ranting just my .02 sense anyway Larry should be on the next cover after your all done its a well deserved spot after all this time and money

^^MY OLD RIDE
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3052591 <<**CURRENT DA9 BUILD**

Comment

Originally posted by 1badacc View Post
            not that im hating on anybody else's chances at ever being on a mag but people like oneoff have had there cars for years and have put time money and plenty of effort to be that one car that no1 can say its just like every other CB,civic,crx etc. out there... all this "JDM" talk is aii but the truth is as much as you might put into your car thats "JDM" wise is just not enough we are talkin about extensive work, examples: a nice swap with supporting mods and a tuck, brake upgrades and suspension, paint is a must and not some cheap shit either, no rust or imperfections, interior, ice at times not everyone cares for it, nice rims some hard to find one's, interior, seats roll cage things of that nature, even after all that like i said it has to be unique things can be bought but when you put somethin on your car that no one can say hey i have that thats when a car can be considered after all that was said above as well but anyway let me stop ranting just my .02 sense anyway Larry should be on the next cover after your all done its a well deserved spot after all this time and money
            yea yea the day im on the cover, is the day is the day i get a B-series swap for....FREE..1BADACC is right in everyway..in order to play to got to pay and shell out money to be unique..also jump on the bandwagon...on yea i forgot that there was also 2 tsx on cover a few months back....isnt that a HONDA ACCORD?

Comment

I think its what is popular in main stream. Civic's, CRX's, Integra's etc. When I first got my Accord I hated it many people don’t care for it as a car being able to tune. After a while and getting that itch to do something different I started thinking of what can be and started to keep a list of things I want to do. I also think it could be the supply of aftermarket parts are harder to find then main stream Hondas, I hope one day to have a magazine worthy Accord.
              Love Built Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by 1sickcb7 View Post
                you trippin homie a cb7 can be better trick out then a civic and integra and plus a cb has a better body structure then a civic of integra its just ppl are not creative enough to work on cb s so instead they go with lame cars like civics or integras
                spoken like a true cb7 fan boy...

oneoffaccord summarized the reason why cbs dont make covers or features in that even the nicest cbs on here are lacking in a certain department. I like how there is a lot of talk of bandwagoning and civics/integras are all the same. In reality they have an enormous amount of parts that we can only dream of. If anything it is us that end up looking the same because the lack of parts we have. It's true there are more of them out there and the parts are repeated like a broken record but there's a billion more ways to go with a civic/integra.

Originally posted by 1badacc View Post
                Building a nice car is more than throwing a bunch of rare, and expensive parts at it but having it all flow together like a work of art. I learned this from a certain man that runs his own blog now *cough www.stickydiljoe.com .
                Last edited by ikayto; 12-29-2008, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                  spoken like a true cb7 fan boy...

oneoffaccord summarized the reason why cbs dont make covers or features in that even the nicest cbs on here are lacking in a certain department. I like how there is a lot of talk of bandwagoning and civics/integras are all the same. In reality they have an enormous amount of parts that we can only dream of. If anything it is us that end up looking the same because the lack of parts we have. It's true there are more of them out there and the parts are repeated like a broken record but there's a billion more ways to go with a civic/integra.

Building a nice car is more than throwing a bunch of rare, and expensive parts at it but having it all flow together like a work of art. I learned this from a certain man that runs his own blog now *cough www.stickydiljoe.com .
                  gotta give credit when credit is due , very well put
                  93 accord Black 10th Anniversary (REBUILD)
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=125009

1992 Accord Lx Frost White - SOLD
                  1993 Accord Se Coupe - Totaled
                  1992 Accord Ex Sedan 5 speed - SOLD
                  1992 Accord Lx Coupe - SOLD
                  1990 Accord Ex Sedan 5 Speed - Daily Driver
                  1993 Accord 10th Anniversary - STOLEN (REBUILD)

Comment

I can understand everyone's gripes because I once thought the same way. You yourself can love the Accord platform all you want, but at the end of the day, it doesn't sell magazines. Well it does, but not in any way, shape or form close to what a Civic/Integra can do. For every 1 Accord lover, there are probably 1,000 more who love the Civic/Integra platform. That's just the reality.

When I got my feature, it was out of the blue and even I wondered why I was getting a feature because my Accord at the time was nowhere near completion. What they saw was an all-around build. I covered all facets I guess you can say. Engine, suspension, wheels, body, everything was basically covered. And in a tasteful way. When people on here and at meets have asked me how to get featured before, I've told them the same thing. You need something that's complete. You have to cover every end of it. Are there cars on here that are nice? Definitely. I've been keeping an eye on this platform even after I sold my car. Are these cars worthy of a feature? Well, yes and no. Some guys have alot of work done in one area, but they don't do anything else. You can have a big turbo set-up with an H22 swap that makes big power. That's good. But what about the body? Alot of the times guys on here don't have that kind of money or attention to detail. They can make big power but the paint is old or the body has imperfections. It's a certainly a nice car yes, but it's not gonna look good in print. If you opened up a magazine and saw a car that was not done, you would be unhappy about it too. It doesn't matter what platform it is. You can have a car that has all the "JDM goodies" on the outside and it looks nice, but then you look at engine bay and the engine is stock and the bay isn't even painted the same color or is filthy. That won't get a feature either.

The fact of the matter is if you have a nice car, Accord or not, and it's worthy of a feature, someone will see it. And word of mouth will spread until it gets to the right people. Either that or you show up to events and you get noticed on your own. The east coast/west coast factor is kinda BS. How do I know this? Because almost half of the features that I have written for Honda Tuning are based in the east coast or outside of California. You just happen to see more west coast cars because you've already seen them on the internet and you recognize them when you see them in print. Of course west coast cars are more accessible to us because yes, we are based out here. But that doesn't mean we don't feature east coast cars. At the end of the day, a great build is a great build. It will get noticed. I don't know if any of you have noticed but the economy is shit right now. And it reflects on the magazine industry also. In the past couple months, 3 major magazines have hit the can. And it's not like we make that much anyways. It's a real risk for us to go all over the country looking for cars that might not pan out, while in California, there are plenty (PLENTY) of cars that are feature worthy.

The bottom line is that if build your car right and it's an all around great build, it will get noticed. It's unfortunate that the Accord/Prelude scene is a niche market. There just aren't that many people that follow them that closely. Think of it this way. Look at Playboy magazine. They put girls in that mag that are all-around hot. Like they look good and have all facets covered, nice face, great rack, nice booty, etc. Everyone likes an all-around hot chick. You, you like asses and don't care for the rest so you complain that the magazine doesn't have enough girls that just have nice asses. Guess what? Not everyone is just looking at just asses. The majority like chicks that are pretty much all around hot. Just asses and nothing else is a niche market. It just wouldn't sell as many magazines if Playboy was just asses. For every 1 guy that likes just asses, there are a ton of people who buy the magazine and want to look at hot chicks. No one is saying that just asses isn't hot, but all around hot is what everyone wants to see. Sure you can start a magazine of just asses (SSX Magazine =P) but it wouldn't make anywhere near as much money as Playboy. Why look at a magazine with just asses when you can look at a magazine with great face, nice rack, AND a nice ass.....get it?
                    www.stickydiljoe.com

Comment

anyone see the rally CRX in modified magazine? HT needs more features like that

Comment

^ I agree completely. You should be building and driving the accord for yourself anyway, otherwise, you might as well just start throwing money at people for no reason.

If you are really that concerned about what other people think, maybe the cb isn't the platform for you. Get a more popular car like a civic or integra.
                        There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by StickyDilJoe View Post
                          I can understand everyone's gripes because I once thought the same way. You yourself can love the Accord platform all you want, but at the end of the day, it doesn't sell magazines. Well it does, but not in any way, shape or form close to what a Civic/Integra can do. For every 1 Accord lover, there are probably 1,000 more who love the Civic/Integra platform. That's just the reality.

When I got my feature, it was out of the blue and even I wondered why I was getting a feature because my Accord at the time was nowhere near completion. What they saw was an all-around build. I covered all facets I guess you can say. Engine, suspension, wheels, body, everything was basically covered. And in a tasteful way. When people on here and at meets have asked me how to get featured before, I've told them the same thing. You need something that's complete. You have to cover every end of it. Are there cars on here that are nice? Definitely. I've been keeping an eye on this platform even after I sold my car. Are these cars worthy of a feature? Well, yes and no. Some guys have alot of work done in one area, but they don't do anything else. You can have a big turbo set-up with an H22 swap that makes big power. That's good. But what about the body? Alot of the times guys on here don't have that kind of money or attention to detail. They can make big power but the paint is old or the body has imperfections. It's a certainly a nice car yes, but it's not gonna look good in print. If you opened up a magazine and saw a car that was not done, you would be unhappy about it too. It doesn't matter what platform it is. You can have a car that has all the "JDM goodies" on the outside and it looks nice, but then you look at engine bay and the engine is stock and the bay isn't even painted the same color or is filthy. That won't get a feature either.

The fact of the matter is if you have a nice car, Accord or not, and it's worthy of a feature, someone will see it. And word of mouth will spread until it gets to the right people. Either that or you show up to events and you get noticed on your own. The east coast/west coast factor is kinda BS. How do I know this? Because almost half of the features that I have written for Honda Tuning are based in the east coast or outside of California. You just happen to see more west coast cars because you've already seen them on the internet and you recognize them when you see them in print. Of course west coast cars are more accessible to us because yes, we are based out here. But that doesn't mean we don't feature east coast cars. At the end of the day, a great build is a great build. It will get noticed. I don't know if any of you have noticed but the economy is shit right now. And it reflects on the magazine industry also. In the past couple months, 3 major magazines have hit the can. And it's not like we make that much anyways. It's a real risk for us to go all over the country looking for cars that might not pan out, while in California, there are plenty (PLENTY) of cars that are feature worthy.

The bottom line is that if build your car right and it's an all around great build, it will get noticed. It's unfortunate that the Accord/Prelude scene is a niche market. There just aren't that many people that follow them that closely. Think of it this way. Look at Playboy magazine. They put girls in that mag that are all-around hot. Like they look good and have all facets covered, nice face, great rack, nice booty, etc. Everyone likes an all-around hot chick. You, you like asses and don't care for the rest so you complain that the magazine doesn't have enough girls that just have nice asses. Guess what? Not everyone is just looking at just asses. The majority like chicks that are pretty much all around hot. Just asses and nothing else is a niche market. It just wouldn't sell as many magazines if Playboy was just asses. For every 1 guy that likes just asses, there are a ton of people who buy the magazine and want to look at hot chicks. No one is saying that just asses isn't hot, but all around hot is what everyone wants to see. Sure you can start a magazine of just asses (SSX Magazine =P) but it wouldn't make anywhere near as much money as Playboy. Why look at a magazine with just asses when you can look at a magazine with great face, nice rack, AND a nice ass.....get it?
                          proud of you joey, you managed to post something on cb7tuner that wont piss anyone off.

this post elaborated what you told me a couple months back on the same topic, great read.

joey knows his stuff and is honestly trying to inform you guys.
                          Last edited by ikayto; 12-30-2008, 06:22 AM.

Comment

joey is right in every way possible..its the truth and i said it a few times

Comment

Originally posted by lilb_1979 View Post
                              My wife just threw some toy at me cause I said his car was sexier then her!! LMAO
                              Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post

On the way back from Christmas, I saw an EXTREMELY modded EVO on the interstate.
                              My fiance got mad when I called it sexy.
                              Then, I went a step further and said... "That's one sexy ass".
                              She didn't see the humor.

i wouldnt dare say that. then it would go into a thing "oh so cars are better looking than me? ok. you can have sex with your car tonight. sleep with it."

yea yea the day im on the cover, is the day is the day i get a B-series swap for....FREE..1BADACC is right in everyway..in order to play to got to pay and shell out money to be unique..also jump on the bandwagon...on yea i forgot that there was also 2 tsx on cover a few months back....isnt that a HONDA ACCORD?

isnt a RSX just another integra? forget about accords period. ive looked a turbo magizine on a regular basis due to the fact they actually have stuff in there for everyone. not just civics. not just tegs. but info on tuning everyone can use. and they had a 6th gen that was boosted and auto in their mag as well.

it upsets me tho. you have all these people who complain about Honda Tuning not featuring CB7's on their covers. but yet the ones who complain, have they build their car at all? or just pout the basics and called it a day?

Originally posted by StickyDilJoe View Post

i COMPLETELY understand what your saying. all the people who complain about HT not featuring a CB7 on the cover havent even built their car. they concentrate on the motor( $3k worth of work to the motor) but yet have they worked on the interior? have they done anything to the body? Bille, oneoffaccord, and 604_cb7 all have all aspects covered. but yet they dont go for the cover. why? because i dont think thats what they built/building their car for.

not all the cars of HT have had swaps. ive seen a few civics, DA integras, and CRX's that have had stock motors, but the car was without an imperfection anywhere to be seen. paint, interior, or engine. when you get that detailed then maybe you might get featured. but dont complain if your not taking your car to that level. all your doing is being one of the followers and not a leader.

Comment

some one on here has the ride of the month on summit racings web site too.
                                just wanted to say that i love the CB body lines and as it has been said if you build it all of it you may have a chance to get it in to a mag but you will need to come off a lot of $$$$ to get it to that point. but with that said there is no reson to drop this car and build what everyone eles is then you have to find some thing that has not been done already and that will be just as hard as building a bad ass CB.

Comment

Working...
                                X