Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

new guy here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new guy here

Hey all, my names Daniel I'm new to the forum and new owner of a CB7.. She's a 1990 honda accord lx I think ..sedan.250000 miles. She's not perfect.. Needs
    work.. Looks like someone hit something in the front driver.. there's rust in
    the rear quarters area.. She needs new seats or cleaned ones.. And few interrior pieces.. Stereo ... 3 windows don't work and probably a clutch real soon. Paid 500 bux.. .. But she does start right up and drives fine.. Ill probably have questions and I hope to have a reliable car.. I have been reading up and lurking around for a while.. Thinking of turning my new daily driver into a beast.. What motor do I have in there?.. Been reading a lot on the dsm manifold and 14b for a decent setup.. also I saw somewhere of a hybrid motor? .. Do u think she's worth 500?

Last edited by siccmade; 01-10-2010, 01:12 PM.

welcome, you prolly have a f22a1

look between the trans and the block ull see
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Welcome man, give us some engine bay pictures and you'll get a better answer of the engine is.

And the DSM setup you're referring to is a 14b, not 14g, if I'm not mistaken.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
      I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

hey man all of us had to start somewhere ... i just bought my 93 se for $600 and shes not perfect but she runs and shes mine!!! and the good thing about cb7's is they are easy to work on and fix... and theres alot of DIY's u can do to improve your cars look. welcome to the cb7 family and just keep pics posted on everything u do
        Originally posted by deevergote
        wen yous in da import seen yo, u gotta tipe lyke yous from da streetz cuz it showz dat u git mad rezpect yo. toonerz dun tipe lyke dey gotz a edjakashun cuz dat aint coo.

Comment

sorry my bad 14b and i was thinking also the 16g will bolt up too right?
          Last edited by siccmade; 01-10-2010, 01:16 PM.

Comment

thanks guys for the feedback.. im just worried and kinda feel ripped off bout needing a clutch.. cuz i havent done a clutch b4.. but i cant be too picky for 500.. maybe i got a steal..

Comment

well like i said the good news is its a honda so the transmission is easy to take out and change the clutch... buy the HAYNES 1990-1993 honda accord "how to" book from your local autoparts store and it will tell u everything u need to know on taking that tranny out and such... good luck man
              Originally posted by deevergote
              wen yous in da import seen yo, u gotta tipe lyke yous from da streetz cuz it showz dat u git mad rezpect yo. toonerz dun tipe lyke dey gotz a edjakashun cuz dat aint coo.

Comment

Clutch is a lot of work, but not difficult. You'll want a friend to help, as there's a lot of awkward heavy lifting.

Window regulators are easy. Just be sure they're aligned properly, or you'll damage your doors (I just did that to mine... I may need a new door now... not cool, since I have a custom paintjob)

If it runs, $500 is a steal. I would consider having that rust properly fixed before it spreads... if it spreads, it can be really bad.

If you're looking into turbo, the "big" 16g is what you want. 14b is common, because it's cheap and easy to find... but it's too small, and will eventually damage the engine due to heat. Any turbo will... but the smaller the turbo, the more heat it makes.

Don't bother with hybrid motors. People will fight me on that... they always do... but there's no real gain to be had, and only increased risk of engine failure. If this is your only car, don't risk it (unless you can hoof it to school or work). The same goes for turbo.

You got the car for $500. Don't be afraid to put money into it. So many people think "the car was cheap, so why should I spend lots of money on it?" Take the low purchase price as a great project platform! Do things right. Take your time. Don't halfass. Get your plans straight in your head before you buy anything... then buy what you need. Stay focused, and you could have an amazing car. Blow your money $100 here and $100 there for garbage... and you'll just have another lame turd. There's too many of those around.

Comment

Welcome to the family bro. You'll get lots of help in here. Dont get discouraged just yet, look thru Members Ride Threads, and find some inspiration. All of us started somewhere, some of us more than a few times (eh, Im on #9).Good Luck

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

You're on #9? Wow!

I'm still on #1. I had #2, but I wrecked it... thankfully, it wasn't my good one! That was going to be my turbo project (and I followed my own advice... I got a car that i didn't intend to drive daily for my turbo project!)

Comment

Thanks everybody..
                      Last edited by siccmade; 01-09-2010, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Welcome! It's always good to see ppl joining the love of the cb's.

Comment

Working...
                        X