Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

"It's just an Accord..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDMchristian991
    replied
    I have owned multiple of both,and honestly i've enjoyed every civic much more then any accord i've owned.I enjoy my civic more,but i got just as many compliments on my accord,so i honestly dont know what your talking about...

The whole civic vs. accord thing is honestly immature and stupid.Everytime i get into an arguement on this site i always get "why are you here,you own a civic" or "get out of here civicboy"

Enjoy what YOU drive,dont let someone elses ignorant comments bother you,atleast your not driving a ford

Leave a comment:

• accord2nr81
    replied
    long live cb7's

Leave a comment:

• Hondalover
    replied
    I get SO tired of seeing integras and civics too. It seems like everyone just HAS to buy a 92-95 civic. Gosh they are so overpopulated it makes me mad just to see one anywhere in a magazine anymore.
    I had a DA teg GSR and sold it so that I could finish my accord.

I would pick a cb over any civic or integra.
    I wanna be one of the people that bring more respect to the cb's in the tuner/import community.

Leave a comment:

• andyisftw
    replied
    Your car is clean, you built it that way because you like - not to please some 15 year old, civic kid, with his mom in the passenger seat, buffing out his altezzas. CB7's, the more mature tuner.

Leave a comment:

• CB7 Sleeper
    replied
    Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
    Damn Kevin...this thread's still alive and kickin' .
    My threads never die mang.

Leave a comment:

• DJ metadelic
    replied
    Damn Kevin...this thread's still alive and kickin' .

Leave a comment:

• Nerocb7
    replied
    Jelous people again your car aint ricer ive seen American cars look even more like rice but there just hating they wanna think there better we modify our cars cuase we love em who cares if its ricer there still hating but keep it clean Accords are great cars

Leave a comment:

• JDMDriver
    replied
    Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
    Due to being called "ricer" numerous times this week, as well as recieving a sarcastic comment from another "Honda Guy" that was something along the lines of, "Oh, I drive an Accord; I'm sooo cool," I decided to rant and rave a little bit.

Is it just me, or does the Accord get little to no respect in the automotive or even the tuning community. Lately I've been getting a lot of the comments such as these from even other Honda guys I've met. Why do they seem to look down on the Accord? It's no underdog, that's for damn sure. Stock for stock, an Accord would blow a Civic or a Del Slow away. Integras aren't much of a challenge either. At least none of these were a challenge for me and my old, tired, F22A6.

People seem to have this negative view of the Accord, like it's not meant to be tuned in any way. It get's zero respect from most everybody. The question is, why? I mean, I have put a lot of time, money, blood, sweat, tears, etc. into my CB to get it to the level that it is at. My F20A DOHC will be in soon, and I have no idea what to expect from it. I was impressed with the highway pull of my F22A6 with bolt-ons. With enough work into this car, people should at least look at it and be able to say, "Damn, nice car." No, instead, I constantly get the, "It's just an Accord..." speech from everyone.

The point is, I love my Accord. I think they hold the same potential as all of the other frequently modified cars, such as the Civic and the Integra. Why can't people view us the same as they view the guys with the modified Civics? Sure, our cars are heavier, but does that even really matter? Look at how much the Prelude weighs compared to our cars, and still they are another one of the glorified platforms people choose for tuning.

I'm tired of being looked down upon just because I am an Accord enthusiast. I believe the Accord is more practical for daily driving, and also holds a large amount of potential for tuning. You can have a fast car, or you could have a grocery getter. Why not have both? Why not choose a nice CB7 sedan to tote your kids around to school, pick up some groceries, take the wife and friends out to dinner, but then go out and hit the track on the weekends. Maybe even slap around a Mustang or GTP owner on the freeway on your way to work? These cars have it all, and with little modification, they can have even more.

A buddy of mine who is a "Civic Guy" once said to me, "You have to have an acquired taste for the Accord." This made good sense to me, and it showed me that some actually do see the potential of the Accord, they just aren't all that into the styling of them. Most others, however, know little about the Accord and therefor automatically assume it isn't anything special. This is the problem with the Honda community today. It seems like there are way more "fanbois" than real enthusiasts. The CB7 community is wealthy with real entusiasts, while other places are riddled with wanna-be, street racing, 2 fast 2 furious douchebags.

We need to make something out of the Accord, or at least the CB7.

On another note:
    How am I a "ricer?" Does my car really look "ricy" at all? I don't quite understand this negative view everybody has on Hondas as well
    as Japanese imports in general. I think a clean, well kept, tastefully modified Accord like mine should receive some sort of respect, am I right?

WE WILL BE RESPECTED IN THE TUNING COMMUNITY, NO MATTER WHERE WE RESIDE!

What it boils down to is immaturity.

These immature kids know and respect only speed. To them a car is better if its faster (how narrow and lame).

Style, reliability, maintainability and durability cannot even begin to be considered by their frail minds and egotistic (bragging rights) culture and mentality. It shows they have low self esteem and have a need to justify themselves.

I wouldnt worry because these are the kids who will either 1) kill themselves with speed 2) get their licence suspended 3) get their car confiscated 4) have a car that will burn all their $$$ 4) break down on them and their cars will not last.

As you can see they will blow by like the next wind. In the mean time i know it sux because even other honda drivers are throwing dirt. Be the one with the maturity and not give them satisfaction by showing a reaction and playing their game of abuse my car.

Leave a comment:

• F20A CB7
    replied
    im proud to own a cb, and also proud that we can swap liek 8 did motors in our car with stock fukin mounts. yaa civic's and tegs cant do that now can they.

im super proud of my car.

Leave a comment:

• hondaenthusiast
    replied
    this is exactly why i chose and love my cb. i take the insults as inspiration. I wanna be different, the civics and tegs are played out its time to see something new.

Leave a comment:

• Whieroman
    replied
    Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
    Due to being called "ricer" numerous times this week, as well as recieving a sarcastic comment from another "Honda Guy" that was something along the lines of, "Oh, I drive an Accord; I'm sooo cool," I decided to rant and rave a little bit.

Is it just me, or does the Accord get little to no respect in the automotive or even the tuning community. Lately I've been getting a lot of the comments such as these from even other Honda guys I've met. Why do they seem to look down on the Accord? It's no underdog, that's for damn sure. Stock for stock, an Accord would blow a Civic or a Del Slow away. Integras aren't much of a challenge either. At least none of these were a challenge for me and my old, tired, F22A6.

People seem to have this negative view of the Accord, like it's not meant to be tuned in any way. It get's zero respect from most everybody. The question is, why? I mean, I have put a lot of time, money, blood, sweat, tears, etc. into my CB to get it to the level that it is at. My F20A DOHC will be in soon, and I have no idea what to expect from it. I was impressed with the highway pull of my F22A6 with bolt-ons. With enough work into this car, people should at least look at it and be able to say, "Damn, nice car." No, instead, I constantly get the, "It's just an Accord..." speech from everyone.

The point is, I love my Accord. I think they hold the same potential as all of the other frequently modified cars, such as the Civic and the Integra. Why can't people view us the same as they view the guys with the modified Civics? Sure, our cars are heavier, but does that even really matter? Look at how much the Prelude weighs compared to our cars, and still they are another one of the glorified platforms people choose for tuning.

I'm tired of being looked down upon just because I am an Accord enthusiast. I believe the Accord is more practical for daily driving, and also holds a large amount of potential for tuning. You can have a fast car, or you could have a grocery getter. Why not have both? Why not choose a nice CB7 sedan to tote your kids around to school, pick up some groceries, take the wife and friends out to dinner, but then go out and hit the track on the weekends. Maybe even slap around a Mustang or GTP owner on the freeway on your way to work? These cars have it all, and with little modification, they can have even more.

A buddy of mine who is a "Civic Guy" once said to me, "You have to have an acquired taste for the Accord." This made good sense to me, and it showed me that some actually do see the potential of the Accord, they just aren't all that into the styling of them. Most others, however, know little about the Accord and therefor automatically assume it isn't anything special. This is the problem with the Honda community today. It seems like there are way more "fanbois" than real enthusiasts. The CB7 community is wealthy with real entusiasts, while other places are riddled with wanna-be, street racing, 2 fast 2 furious douchebags.

We need to make something out of the Accord, or at least the CB7.

On another note:
    How am I a "ricer?" Does my car really look "ricy" at all? I don't quite understand this negative view everybody has on Hondas as well
    as Japanese imports in general. I think a clean, well kept, tastefully modified Accord like mine should receive some sort of respect, am I right?

WE WILL BE RESPECTED IN THE TUNING COMMUNITY, NO MATTER WHERE WE RESIDE!
    i get what your talking about dude everyone out here talks about b20 this b20 , there the cholo looking guys that drive the ek's,ef's,dc2's and da's with there hat backwards and they try reving at anyone it's like wtf dude ur making the rest of us honda scene guys look bad

Leave a comment:

• Jccck
    replied
    I don't actually get any of this "mocking" in Australia, especially not in my circle of car-loving friends

All i get is praise, from friends on how nice my car looks
    And from others who can't believe a 2.2L NA Honda is keeping up with their 5L V8 Commodores or NA S15's

I suppose my car in Australia is fairly uncommon.. But even rarer is it to see one modified even the slightest
    Noone suspects my car, most people don't even know what the hell it is until they see the H Badge

I'm proud to own the 'Luxury' Honda Sedan, with all my modern features (Power everything, cruise control, etc) and still be able to impress most people with the noise, performance and sassy looks it has to offer

CB7 for life!

Leave a comment:

• JaberCB7
    replied
    Originally posted by gcvphoto View Post
    Just tell yourself over and over... "Hey, at least it's not a civic."
    lol civics are the real ricer. everyone on the hole lighter and integra motor crap. i think accords are better because they have a more aggresive stance and elegance something u cant get with civic

Leave a comment:

• megarock15
    replied
    Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    It's hard to give a long response to something that's simply a matter of opinion.

Accords are heavy compared to Civics. Our Accords are an old style.
    They were never featured in movies, and they don't have much racing history.

Basically, the charm of our cars is that nobody thinks of them as performance cars, and nobody takes them seriously. When someone talks bad about my car, I take it as a compliment... because I know what it's capable of, and they don't. (I also know of the greatest community ever that is based solely on that model )

Really, our cars are hovering around 3000lbs. The suspension setup isn't the greatest, but it's still quite good. The 200-220hp H22 is a drop-in, the F22A has lots of potential if you work it (either NA or boost), and with the K series swap mounts available, that's becoming an option as well.

So, as far as power options and weight go, our cars are STILL competitive with other cars on the market. A stock-block F22A with a proper turbo setup will give you a car as powerful as (and lighter than) a Mazdaspeed 3. An H22 swap will give you a car lighter than a BB6 Prelude (ok, they're old now, sadly...). An H22 swap with a K24/K20 hybrid will give you nice competition for the Civic Si, or even the RSX-S.

And, best of all... it's "just an Accord"... so nobody wants it. Nobody thinks twice about a CB7. They all want Civics and Integras. I had my car unlocked for 2 years straight, 10 minutes away from one of the most rotten cities in the country. Nobody ever touched it.

hey deeves i disagree with the whole movie bit cuz i have seen cb7's in alot of old jackie chan movies, but they are always getting blown up or smashed by giant run away trucks or busses

oh and kevin here in the BC most kids are rich spoiled retards that buy there shitz built. an example of retards not knowing a clutch from a brake
    Last edited by megarock15; 02-24-2010, 04:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CB7 Sleeper
    replied
    Originally posted by dj Metadelic View Post
    ^lol Kevin..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X