Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

"It's just an Accord..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deevergote
    replied
    Yeah, I love when I see on here "I don't want an H22... everyone has that!"... roll up to a Civic guy with an H22 swapped CB, and he'll be impressed... because it takes a shitload of work to get that engine in his car, and compared to his options, it's a monster of an engine!

Leave a comment:

• chessboxer
    replied
    CB7's are the win.

Civics and Tegs are a dime a dozen. Mod one, and chances are, some other flat bill wearing douchebag on H-T has the exact same setup as you.

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    If they don't like it, they don't have to own one.

I'll never understand when people criticize others for being different... especially when they consider themselves different!

"Man, if I owned a Mustang, it'd be better than your. Be happy that I have an Accord."

Leave a comment:

• Accord214
    replied
    Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
    I don't care at all what people have to say about MY car, it's the fact that the Accord is consistently frowned upon in the tuning community. Why can't Accords hang with the Civic guys and such? What exactly is so wrong about modifyinng an Accord? This is what I am saying. Oh, and the "at least it's not a Civic" quote made my day.
    Why can't Accords hang with the Civic guys and such? Who says they can't?

What exactly is so wrong about modifyinng an Accord? That's like asking "what's wrong with wearing nike shox." Nothing!

Leave a comment:

• visualpoet
    replied
    There are always going to be haters. I've driven several Civics (even owned a 97) and I wasn't really looking forward to the weak ass power band I was expecting from the Accord. Luckily I was wrong and now I'm here. You think the hate is bad from Civic and Teg owners. Try being the only Japanese car at a car show of nothing but domestics. I heard a lot of shit talk, until they came over and actually looked a the work and love in my ride. The people that know will know. The people that talk shit are just showing their own ignorance.

Tell them bring their shit to the track, and line it up. Take a bunch of decals and before you race, ask them if they want to add some hp to their rides.

Leave a comment:

• owequitit
    replied
    Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
    Exactly. Sadly, try explaining that to a parking lot full of rednecks in VT with Fords, Chevy's and Dodges. Good luck.
    But that is the wonderful thing. I don't care. I know the truth, and I know that they are ignorant, and I am not.

Leave a comment:

• DJ metadelic
    replied
    Originally posted by owequitit View Post
    The VIN tag has nothing to do with USDM or JDM per se. It is like Chevy guys telling you their car is an "American" car, when it was built in Canada with most parts from Brazil and a powertrain from Korea.
    Exactly. Sadly, try explaining that to a parking lot full of rednecks in VT with Fords, Chevy's and Dodges. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• DJ metadelic
    replied
    Originally posted by rob_is_legend View Post
    Moral of the story, you know whats good, we all know these cars are good. So take these people's opinions with a grain of salt, they like ugly shit, so obviously they wont appreciate good shit when they see it.
    Yep, I concur. It still would have been funny if they had followed you and tried to race you again though. I'd have laughed.

Leave a comment:

• rob_is_legend
    replied
    I found it funny in a strange way how around 2pm today I read this post. Well, I had to run to the local supermarket and pick up some things. On the way home (this was around 3, school had just let out) Ill be damned if a red civic ex with white primered fenders and altezzas, and of course a fart cannon and obviously cut springs from the observation of it bouncing, came driving up alongside me revving at me, whilst full of 4 high schoolers.

I laughed on the inside and turned at my intersection where he continued going straight.

I thought to myself, who better to call everything rice than the people who love it so much themselves? When someone thinks that their car ( for example this red one) looks good, then their entire opinion on the looks of any car to me is absolutely worthless.

Moral of the story, you know whats good, we all know these cars are good. So take these people's opinions with a grain of salt, they like ugly shit, so obviously they wont appreciate good shit when they see it.

Leave a comment:

• owequitit
    replied
    Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    It's hard to give a long response to something that's simply a matter of opinion.

Accords are heavy compared to Civics. Our Accords are an old style.
    They were never featured in movies, and they don't have much racing history.

Basically, the charm of our cars is that nobody thinks of them as performance cars, and nobody takes them seriously. When someone talks bad about my car, I take it as a compliment... because I know what it's capable of, and they don't. (I also know of the greatest community ever that is based solely on that model )

Really, our cars are hovering around 3000lbs. The suspension setup isn't the greatest, but it's still quite good. The 200-220hp H22 is a drop-in, the F22A has lots of potential if you work it (either NA or boost), and with the K series swap mounts available, that's becoming an option as well.

So, as far as power options and weight go, our cars are STILL competitive with other cars on the market. A stock-block F22A with a proper turbo setup will give you a car as powerful as (and lighter than) a Mazdaspeed 3. An H22 swap will give you a car lighter than a BB6 Prelude (ok, they're old now, sadly...). An H22 swap with a K24/K20 hybrid will give you nice competition for the Civic Si, or even the RSX-S.

And, best of all... it's "just an Accord"... so nobody wants it. Nobody thinks twice about a CB7. They all want Civics and Integras. I had my car unlocked for 2 years straight, 10 minutes away from one of the most rotten cities in the country. Nobody ever touched it.
    Actually, the suspension geometry on these things is actually extremely good.

Also, we can fit a J series without having to leave the hood off, or install a washing machine to cover the damn thing.

Leave a comment:

• JPsAccordSE
    replied
    ^If only I knew where you lived....

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    It's hard to give a long response to something that's simply a matter of opinion.

Accords are heavy compared to Civics. Our Accords are an old style.
    They were never featured in movies, and they don't have much racing history.

Basically, the charm of our cars is that nobody thinks of them as performance cars, and nobody takes them seriously. When someone talks bad about my car, I take it as a compliment... because I know what it's capable of, and they don't. (I also know of the greatest community ever that is based solely on that model )

Really, our cars are hovering around 3000lbs. The suspension setup isn't the greatest, but it's still quite good. The 200-220hp H22 is a drop-in, the F22A has lots of potential if you work it (either NA or boost), and with the K series swap mounts available, that's becoming an option as well.

So, as far as power options and weight go, our cars are STILL competitive with other cars on the market. A stock-block F22A with a proper turbo setup will give you a car as powerful as (and lighter than) a Mazdaspeed 3. An H22 swap will give you a car lighter than a BB6 Prelude (ok, they're old now, sadly...). An H22 swap with a K24/K20 hybrid will give you nice competition for the Civic Si, or even the RSX-S.

And, best of all... it's "just an Accord"... so nobody wants it. Nobody thinks twice about a CB7. They all want Civics and Integras. I had my car unlocked for 2 years straight, 10 minutes away from one of the most rotten cities in the country. Nobody ever touched it.

Leave a comment:

• DJ metadelic
    replied
    I'm waiting for Deev to write a long ass response to this thread...

Leave a comment:

• DJ metadelic
    replied
    Accords have the ability to be done up in subtle ways. They're refined. In essence, they're pure win. Sure you can rice out any honda. But if done right, a CB or CD will look 100x than most tastefully modded Civics. Because the parts aren't dime a dozen like the civic platform.

EDIT

11:35 Noah: "i think we should sell our CB's and buy civics and integras. because apparently they are teh kewl awzesum"
    11:36 Kevin: "good idea, after all, only the coolest kids drive civics and tegs"

Moral of the story?? BOYCOTT CIVICS AND INTEGRAS! (sorry Skilzz, had to)
    Last edited by DJ metadelic; 02-10-2010, 12:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Juice21
    replied
    im sorry to say but here in tampa fl and also orlando many many ppl have more respect for the cb7. there are more and more showing up all around. me and others around here get love for our cb and i always get the head nod or random, yo ur car is dope shout out. i kind of wish it goes back to about a year and a half ago when ppl had no respect for em. because when u beat most those gsrs and itrs, ppl would be shocked. now when i race and win its like. yup he got a h in there thats why he won.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X