Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

"It's just an Accord..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"It's just an Accord..."

Due to being called "ricer" numerous times this week, as well as recieving a sarcastic comment from another "Honda Guy" that was something along the lines of, "Oh, I drive an Accord; I'm sooo cool," I decided to rant and rave a little bit.

Is it just me, or does the Accord get little to no respect in the automotive or even the tuning community. Lately I've been getting a lot of the comments such as these from even other Honda guys I've met. Why do they seem to look down on the Accord? It's no underdog, that's for damn sure. Stock for stock, an Accord would blow a Civic or a Del Slow away. Integras aren't much of a challenge either. At least none of these were a challenge for me and my old, tired, F22A6.

People seem to have this negative view of the Accord, like it's not meant to be tuned in any way. It get's zero respect from most everybody. The question is, why? I mean, I have put a lot of time, money, blood, sweat, tears, etc. into my CB to get it to the level that it is at. My F20A DOHC will be in soon, and I have no idea what to expect from it. I was impressed with the highway pull of my F22A6 with bolt-ons. With enough work into this car, people should at least look at it and be able to say, "Damn, nice car." No, instead, I constantly get the, "It's just an Accord..." speech from everyone.

The point is, I love my Accord. I think they hold the same potential as all of the other frequently modified cars, such as the Civic and the Integra. Why can't people view us the same as they view the guys with the modified Civics? Sure, our cars are heavier, but does that even really matter? Look at how much the Prelude weighs compared to our cars, and still they are another one of the glorified platforms people choose for tuning.

I'm tired of being looked down upon just because I am an Accord enthusiast. I believe the Accord is more practical for daily driving, and also holds a large amount of potential for tuning. You can have a fast car, or you could have a grocery getter. Why not have both? Why not choose a nice CB7 sedan to tote your kids around to school, pick up some groceries, take the wife and friends out to dinner, but then go out and hit the track on the weekends. Maybe even slap around a Mustang or GTP owner on the freeway on your way to work? These cars have it all, and with little modification, they can have even more.

A buddy of mine who is a "Civic Guy" once said to me, "You have to have an acquired taste for the Accord." This made good sense to me, and it showed me that some actually do see the potential of the Accord, they just aren't all that into the styling of them. Most others, however, know little about the Accord and therefor automatically assume it isn't anything special. This is the problem with the Honda community today. It seems like there are way more "fanbois" than real enthusiasts. The CB7 community is wealthy with real entusiasts, while other places are riddled with wanna-be, street racing, 2 fast 2 furious douchebags.

We need to make something out of the Accord, or at least the CB7.

On another note:
    How am I a "ricer?" Does my car really look "ricy" at all? I don't quite understand this negative view everybody has on Hondas as well
    as Japanese imports in general. I think a clean, well kept, tastefully modified Accord like mine should receive some sort of respect, am I right?

WE WILL BE RESPECTED IN THE TUNING COMMUNITY, NO MATTER WHERE WE RESIDE!
    R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

dude just blow it off dont let it get to you. theres this guy who drives a hatch and EVERYWHERE i mean everywhere i see him he stops and revs his engine like i care. Like three nights ago me and my girlfriend were outside just got back from the store and i hear his fart cannon coming down the street he slams on his breaks just to yell "ACCORDS ARE ***" then drives off like hes hard people are dumb and if your car isnt "FAST AND FURIOUS" or "HECTORS RUNNIN SPOON ENGINES AND NAAAWWWWWSSSSS" everyone will give u shit
    Bought From
    Tommi
    RiKan_BoY86

current s2k fund... $200

Comment

Just tell yourself over and over... "Hey, at least it's not a civic."

Comment

people are just jealous that they don't have a car that is not considered rice when they first take a glance at it.

Originally posted by visualpoet
        some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

i know what you mean dude
          the accord isnt looked at at all here everyones into there civics and tegs there cool and all but people dont really know about accords

im waiting untill i get my cb fixed up nice to show them civic and teg guys the potential our cars have

Comment

Originally posted by gcvphoto View Post
            Just tell yourself over and over... "Hey, at least it's not a civic."
            To yourself? Fuck that. Say it out loud.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Why are others opinion of your car that important to you?

Its YOUR CAR.. for YOU, if "they" dont like it, who the fuck cares, its not for them.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
              dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

They're Jealous, especially Civic kids.

Just tell them that Accords are for MEN, and men don't play with little toys like the Civic.

And for others, tell them to "get off my dick bitch" !

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Kevin...

It's no Civic, and for that please, be greatful.

Accord's dont get any respect and acknowledgement in the tuning community, because well, they're just that. An Accord. Civics took the foothold for being Honda's posterchild aftermarket piggle long ago. The Preludes get respect because they're pretty quick out of the box (even the ones with the F22 aren't "half bad"). Integra's? the Civic's slightly older and bigger brother. Therefor, I won't even dive into the whole S2000 and NSX thing, because it'd be pointless honestly. They're just badass

The Accord is viewed as a family sedan. They're not seen as a "racecar" and since everyone seems to be going for that these days and not necessarily practicality the Accord's rep. will suffer. Really, they are actually very good family movers. I find that the coupes tend to get more praise than Sedans do, at least in my area. Wagons don't get much love around here either, mainly because they are scarce.

Keep your chin up s0n. I posted a thread similar to this before, bitching about how everybody says my car looks like a rice-out polished asshole. I got over it. Now, whenever anyone makes a smart ass comment I'm two steps ahead of them because I anticipate it, and brewed up several comebacks in for my clever verbal arsenal.

With that being said, I suggest you do the same and keep doing what you're doing. After all, they're just hatezors. No sense in getting down on yourself for stupid remarks.

life is good.

Comment

I feel him on this. all my friends had civics and teg's and the laughed at me when I said I was getting a CB7 now I still have a CB but they don't have there tegcivc since they all got stolen lmao...I worrie about my CB but not as much as teg/civic do

Links to my rides :
                    1992 Accord EX*
                    1990 Accord EX
                    1991 Accord SE (4th)
                    1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                    1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                    1991 Accord SE

Comment

i know how that feels, im in a town full of punks that drive integras and civics that think theyr all that and give me the eye everytime i drive by them. they are the real ricers here, with their fart cans, cheap body kits, and for some reason almost all of them are primered on cut springs

CALI LIFE STYLE
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145883

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                        Due to being called "ricer" numerous times this week, as well as recieving a sarcastic comment from another "Honda Guy" that was something along the lines of, "Oh, I drive an Accord; I'm sooo cool," I decided to rant and rave a little bit.
                        On another note:
                        How am I a "ricer?" Does my car really look "ricy" at all? I don't quite understand this negative view everybody has on Hondas as well
                        as Japanese imports in general. I think a clean, well kept, tastefully modified Accord like mine should receive some sort of respect, am I right?

WE WILL BE RESPECTED IN THE TUNING COMMUNITY, NO MATTER WHERE WE RESIDE!
                        the fugen lip, shocker sticker, and the amber corners make your car ricey...

LOL I'm kidding...

but srsly the accord is a less popular platform, less support, etc etc
                        accords themselves aren't ricey, it's the stuff people do to them.
                        i honestly don't put accords into the same class as civics and integras.
                        but if you want to start showing people up, you have to start going to the track and literally showing them up.

Comment

the problem with civic kids is just that. Kids. the parts are so easily accessible than the accords and WAY cheaper. Civics and Tegs are kids toys.

Rip It Up
                          Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

It's not a civic. It's not a civic. It's not a civic. It's not a civic. It's not a civic. It's not a civic. It's not a civic. It's not a civic. It's not a civic. It's not a civic. It's not a civic. It's not a civic. It's not a civic. It's not a civic. It's not a civic. It's not a civic. It's not a civic. It's not a civic. It's not a civic. It's not a civic.

Comment

im converting friends one at a time. civics to accords =] one of my friends, she had a 06 civic..she just got a 2010 accord brand new..i love my job lol.

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
                              My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
                              Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

Working...
                              X