Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

"It's just an Accord..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had this

I had this issue when I first started showing up with my car.

It turns out people shut up real quick when they find out that YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT.

When someone shows up with an issue on a civic / teg and you can tell them what they need to do to fix it, and even offer to help, then those people begin to realize that not having the fastest car, be that import or american, does not mean you don't know what you are doing.

I always get asked why I don't put my setup in a civic, with them saying " it would be so much faster".

And I tell them that I am not out there to be the fastest car.

If that is really what people are after then they are not in it for the same reason's I am.

I don't have the money to build a 10 second quarter mile accord, or civic or teg. So instead I spend time building people's cars who are willing to throw up the cash.

I am the primary mechanic on a 12 second integra (hopefully 11's this year) where I am from, and as far as I know one of the quickest NA 4 cylinders.

I race and loose to boosted civics and tegs all the time, but who cares. If they think they are better then me because they spent more money and had someone else build there car, then they have issues.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

I don't care at all what people have to say about MY car, it's the fact that the Accord is consistently frowned upon in the tuning community. Why can't Accords hang with the Civic guys and such? What exactly is so wrong about modifyinng an Accord? This is what I am saying. Oh, and the "at least it's not a Civic" quote made my day.
      R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

SRSLY though man...they are the underdog and highly underrated for a reason. Look at most of the people that drive them besides us...they're all in their 40's plus

life is good.

Comment

dude, if i was buff like you, anytime someone talked shit i'd just pop em in the mouth. hahah.
          Originally posted by scudweiser
          once again people, need i remind you that there is no road between the kitchen and the bedroom, and therefore women need not drive?

Comment

=

=

Underground.Society
            Originally posted by Deevergote
            If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

man, people these days, they all want to be like the civic or teg on the cover of a magazine, while us as CB7 enthusiasts are just like the diamond in the rough, ready to shine when people start digging around. People see us as more of a family vehicle. Most of the people that run civics and tegs run them cause parts are easy to come buy and cheaper than ours. As said somewhere before you must have an unique taste for a cb, and we all have that taste, when i was younger our family had a civic, then it came time for me to drive, first thing i did was find a different car, searching for awhile came upon the cb, only car found with no rust and under 2k, sold the civic and bought the cb and this will be in my life for awhile. So keep what your doing to it and show them civic and teg boys up on the track. or shows, cause i've seen some crazy civics and tegs, win and we can win with originality.

Turbo Setup: 100%

Comment

Originally posted by ingold View Post
                dude, if i was buff like you, anytime someone talked shit i'd just pop em in the mouth. hahah.
                LMAO, thanks man. To be honest, that's how I used to handle my problems until I fractured my vertebrae. I actually did it lifting too, now there isn't much I can do considering I'm not supposed to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk. Oh well, I like the beer reference, LOL. I'll use that, Accords are more sophisticated than those little childrens toys.
                R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

More like CIVICS = Natty Lite.

Every douche bag has one.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

The reason the Accord doesn't get the respect it should is actually for a couple reasons.
                    - The Accord just isn't very sporty. It doesn't look that sporty, and it isn't quite fast enough to be sporty. Don't get me wrong, it's still quick and nimble, and it looks good, too. Just not in that sporty way. Take the Integra for example. Its the kind of car where when you drop it and put wheels on it, it looks like a sports car. And the Civic and the Integra have the Si and the GSR, along with the Type Rs. What does the Accord have? Not much. Thank god the F22 is a good motor, and the H22 is pretty simple to swap in.
                    -There isn't too many nicely modded Accords out there. There is no CB7s around my area that make me say 'wow, that looks great!' No, I usually put my hand to my forehead, and say 'why oh why did they put that (insert ricy thing here).' My point here is that when you say you have an Accord, the image of a nicely modded car isn't the first thing that comes to their mind. No. Its the Accords that have the altezzas and the wings and the body kits that kinda kill the rep for the Accord.

I used to get the same crap with my CB7. There was one time back when street racing was still popular around here, and alot of people hung out at the car wash. I came up in my Accord, and people were asking me if I had anything quicker. I guess it was supposed to be some kinda put down, but I didn't care, because I was planning on swapping the H into it, and beating them.

And I'm still kinda getting crap for my buddys car. He has a 2gn Neon SXT, and I love the car to death. And people are always saying that 'it's a piece of crap' and 'why would you mod a Neon?' But the Neon is like the Accord in some ways. It's not very sporty or anything, but it has a good aftermarket following, it can be made into a good looking car, and it can be very quick. (SRT-4 swap. ) And its 2.0 engine is one of Chryslers most bullet-proof engines, kinda like the F22.

So the next time some person that has no imagination (you know, the civic and teg owners) tells you its pointless to mod a Accord, just laugh at them. Because at least you aren't following the crowd, lol.

Oh yea, and the Accords lack of sportiness makes it an excellent sleeper, which should be awesome when I finally get around to getting another one.

Comment

my car is very well respected over here in wylie tx, mustangs, camaros, civics, integras, g35, imports and domestics...etc have alot of respect when i'm cruising through this small town, everyone gives me the thumbs up and say i have a nice sporty ride, this boosted mustang hesitated to race me once because he actually thought i was faster

might be getting more respect because its a coupe...maybe. even wylie cops like the car by the way, i'm the only modified accord on this country town

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

The other reason why Accords dont get the respect they should. Because of this crap:

Comment

Accords...::sigh::...

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                            More like CIVICS = Natty Lite.

Every douche bag has one.
                            Hahaha you win

Underground.Society
                            Originally posted by Deevergote
                            If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

Como on man there is nothing faster than a 106 horsepower 96 lx civic! Omg wait if I had fart cannon I can see 115. SWEET! Im sorry but my d*** is bigger then a 1.5 1.6 L engine.... lmao If it is not atleast a 2 liter, i would NOT drive it for its performance. I do not fit in a teg either. Basically i see a ricer as a car that makes more noise than how fast it goes. Honestly, if i had money to dump in a civic, I'd rather have a prelude, m3, firebird, camaro, mustang, coupe legend/cl, wrx, or even a nice sexy audi. People always tell me to buy a civic and then to make it worse someone would say dont you already have civic? NO NO NO. Im mostly talking about older civics, kid civics, the new ones are somewhat decent.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarplayer825 View Post
                                =

=
                                haha

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X