Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

"It's just an Accord..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never been a Honda fan, mostly due to the rice craze, and then also bad work experiences working for Honda and some of their parts suppliers.

However, the CB7 has always held a secret sweet spot in my heart for years. I never dared buy a Honda, as friends and family would label me a ricer and call me a hypocrite.

Well,one fateful day, or christmas day 2009, I acquired my first Accord, and a 91 SE no less. I couldn't beleive that I had purchased a Honda. Never thought I'd see myself own one. But, after owning several really shitty cars last year, I decided to buy something reliable and practical. I just happened to find this Accord for cheap and in great shape, minus some minor cosmetic body damage.

I've owned this car for 2 months now and it is the best car I've ever owned. It looks good, it's quick, handles great, seats 5, hauls all my crap, gets my groceries and is fun to drive.Not to mention being cheap on gas, cheap on gas and carries a large aftermarket following. It is the ultimate budget daily driver in my opinion. I think this car is a great platform. I don't understand people who say this car is heavy. It feels anything but heavy when I'm throwing it into the twisties even on stock suspension.

I've eaten my words being anti Honda and taking ownership of this Accord has opened up a whole new world of fun and tuning that I shut out for so many years.

I don't care what other people think about my ride. I build it for me and for my tastes, not to make other people accept it for what it is. There's always those people who will put you and your car down. I'ma hypocrite. I used to talk shit about Hondas and then I tried it and realized it's one of the best things out there.

Comment

Instead of doing regular maintenance, and keeping the car cleaned and waxed, most accord owners put on stickers and a tail pipe. And they drive their accord like it's a speed demon, when in fact it's slower than 90% of the cars on the public road.
      Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
      Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
      Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
      Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Kevin's talking more about Accords in general, and the "tuning" or "modifying" community viewing them as Honda's bastardchild so to speak, or the family moving grocery getter.

Nothing wrong with that, I always say

In all seriousness, I love my CB. But let's face it...Accords don't get the love they deserve. And I kinda like it that way. Weeds the rest out, and leaves t00lz with civics one more thing to talk about. Until they get walked on of course, my car's pretty slow. For now

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
          Kevin's talking more about Accords in general, and the "tuning" or "modifying" community viewing them as Honda's bastardchild so to speak, or the family moving grocery getter.
          Thank you for clarifying Noah, that is exactly what I was saying.
          R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Civic guys will always hate on accords because they are better, bigger, sexier, more sporty looking, and have a bigger engine.
            And not everybody tunes an accord, they tune civics all the time...

I get more people turning their head on my accord then they would on a civic or teg.....

They just hate, and haters will always hate cause the accord is 100% better than a small cockroach civic

Comment

Thanks to everyone on this forum we will have 90-93 Accords around for years to come. It's guys like us that preserve these cars to one day become classics. If all cars were junked we wouldn't have any to reflect on the history of engineering through the years and the Honda Accord is a huge factor.

I currently own an S2000, a 1977 corvette, Acura TL and I am building a 93 CB7. The CB was my first car and I loved it! I always wanted to build that car my way but I didn't have the time or the money. I had a 90 grey four door manual trans sedan in high school and yes I had some loud pipes. I sold it to a friend that drives it to this day with over 300,000 miles on it. Now someone tell me thats not respectable.

I know what you mean about disrespect. I will get no rude comments when I drive any other car.
              When I drive the 93 CB I recently bought everyone and their brother pulls up next to me and wants to race. And of coarse they are driving a civic or integra. I tell them If they want to race they can meet me at the track and I will race for pink slips. Little do they know if they do happen to show up I will be in a 500+ horsepower corvette lol. Everyone seems to see a nicely built Honda and instantly get jealous rather than say hey nice car.
              Last edited by s2kracer; 02-10-2010, 12:24 AM.
              Ground Up Construction In Progress
              Members Ride Thread

Comment

I hate Civics. I really do. I've owned like 5 of them? lol. So boring to me now.

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmwannabee View Post
                  the fugen lip, shocker sticker, and the amber corners make your car ricey...

LOL I'm kidding...

but srsly the accord is a less popular platform, less support, etc etc
                  accords themselves aren't ricey, it's the stuff people do to them.
                  i honestly don't put accords into the same class as civics and integras.
                  but if you want to start showing people up, you have to start going to the track and literally showing them up.
                  Dont lie to him . Its the image of the whole thing that started that. When people see the car the big lip,the rims and stickers and cannoned out mufflers and stuff like that you get the wrong image that they percieve of you. But its your car thats just me.

On the other hand its a honda period. Your going to get that kind of attention even from your own kind. Your going to get haters and assholes alike from other cars like civics and integras who know noting of the cars potential until you hand them their asses on a platter.

You shouldnt have nothing to worry about much since we have ways of knowledge of what aftermarket stuff to use and what not to use. They will never have that they usually go for swaps or kits. We had kits from other cars and custom fitted it to our cars to work.

That takes skill and knowledge. The other owners from other cars dont have that they are quick to judge and follow everyone else to fit in because they are followers. It takes a leader to be different and overlook the bullshit.

When people like that are quick to down the potential or look at other faults of anything instead of looking at their own they will be worse than a loser they will be nothing and amount to just that. I went from accord to SRT! I wouldnt have it any other way the potential in every way. You dont have to prove yourself to anyone but be yourself,be original and nothing will be able to stop you.

Comment

I will be perfectly honest when I say that most kids who own Civics wouldn't know their gear shifter from the hole in their butt.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

^I agree with both sparkle and owe.

OK, so the latest thing I've been noticing is non-honda guys giving us honda guys shit for being "s000 jaydee em". They're like "there's no point your car was built in canada or the US or whatever" "dont try and jdm that shit out, that's stupid you dumbass".

I don't have any 'jdm' parts on my car, not because of this reason-- but because I don't want amber corners and sidemarkers like everyone else. But I've been noticing this is a new flaming trend, and even though some of them bring up educated points, it's still not cool

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                        ^I agree with both sparkle and owe.

OK, so the latest thing I've been noticing is non-honda guys giving us honda guys shit for being "s000 jaydee em". They're like "there's no point your car was built in canada or the US or whatever" "dont try and jdm that shit out, that's stupid you dumbass".

I don't have any 'jdm' parts on my car, not because of this reason-- but because I don't want amber corners and sidemarkers like everyone else. But I've been noticing this is a new flaming trend, and even though some of them bring up educated points, it's still not cool
                        Not that educated. Some Accords sold in Japan were built in the US. Are they not JDM even though it was built in the US?

The VIN tag has nothing to do with USDM or JDM per se. It is like Chevy guys telling you their car is an "American" car, when it was built in Canada with most parts from Brazil and a powertrain from Korea.

It's ignorant bullshit. JDM doesn't refer to the production location of anything. It refers to the set of legalities of the market the part was sold in. If it came from a Japanese market car, or was designed to comply with Japanese vehicle code, then it is JDM. Period.

And what alternative course of action would they suggest? That you go get crap garbage junk from Ebay, or knockoff shit that pretends to be JDM?
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                          More like CIVICS = Natty Lite.

Every douche bag has one.

Last edited by ExplodingCake; 02-10-2010, 01:45 AM.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

dude, i don't effin get it. i think a lot of ppl just look at accord's and think "family car = slow" and blow it off. i think a lot of ppl don't know what all you can do w/ an accord.

basically, don't listen to 'em. you know what your cb can do and you know it's good stuff. that's all that matters.

Comment

i got the same comment my accord is ugly why fix it i luaghed n said wait n see oh i did beat his integra to hah it gets me down but end of the day i know ima under dog rdy to hunt the pussy cats
                              1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                                I will be perfectly honest when I say that most kids who own Civics wouldn't know their gear shifter from the hole in their butt.
                                I love you owequitit.
                                R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Working...
                                X