Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

If it's from Japan doesn't make it "JDM" does it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's from Japan doesn't make it "JDM" does it?

Just a question I wanted to ask, and i figure I post it here, my car, 1992 accord ex, has alot of Japanese writing on it, like under the hood you find a warning in english writing and a warning below in Japanese writing. But this doesn't not mean it a JDM accord, or does it? also when I call the honda dealers they tell me my car is from Japan cause the VIN does not match. So i take it my car was built in Japan and shipped over to Canada where it was sold. Also funny I looked at the clock in my car today it says jeco, and to the right of that "Japan"....just curious of what ppl have to say about this....

It's likely that your car's VIN starts with JHM which would mean it was made in Japan. Your car has a few differences similar to the clock and others but that's really it. No, it is not JDM because that would imply that it was intended for sale there.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      It's likely that your car's VIN starts with JHM which would mean it was made in Japan. Your car has a few differences similar to the clock and others but that's really it. No, it is not JDM because that would imply that it was intended for sale there.
      thats what I thought, also 9/10 it would a been a rhd correct?

Comment

also ur right at the start of the vin says JHM

Comment

Correct. Most vehicles intended for sale in Japan are RHD (there are some exceptions, but their roads are set up for RHD.)

JDM means "Japanese Domestic Market". It means it was sold in Japan, not made in Japan. A Ford Mustang manufactured for sale in Japan is JDM. A Nissan Skyline GTR manufactured for sale in England is NOT JDM. See what I mean?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Correct. Most vehicles intended for sale in Japan are RHD (there are some exceptions, but their roads are set up for RHD.)

JDM means "Japanese Domestic Market". It means it was sold in Japan, not made in Japan. A Ford Mustang manufactured for sale in Japan is JDM. A Nissan Skyline GTR manufactured for sale in England is NOT JDM. See what I mean?
            Yup understand %100

Comment

Your car isn't JDM until you have amber corners and Skunk2 parts on it.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                Your car isn't JDM until you have amber corners and Skunk2 parts on it.
                don't forget they have to be purchased off ebay
                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                  don't forget they have to be purchased off ebay
                  this just made my night haha
                  Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –Napoleon Hill

Members ride Thread

Instagram: IbSprintin

Comment

I feel many know or have heard the term JDM but fewer people actually know that the term is an acronym and fewer still know what the actual acronym means.

We therefore have incorrect and inconsistent understanding of jdm and how it applies.

JDM stands for Japanese Domestic Market. It means if it was maketed and sold in and for the "market" of japan it is a JDM part.

As there are many common parts in the cb that was maketed in both markets ( USDM and JDM or other markets for that matter) such as the sun roof, air condition compressors, suspension, power door lock etc there is no interest these parts granted the parts themselves may be real JDM parts since they were originally sold for the Japanese market and from a car sold in Japan for the Japanese market. No value as these parts are difficult to distinguish or prove from the locally offered parts or options, therefore no showoff value.

Interests are therefore in parts exclusively used and sold or offered for the market of Japan (such as one piece headlight and climate control etc.) and other options not found in other markets.

Now since people tend to only have intimate knowledge of their own domestic market the moment they see something different they automatically assume its JDM only part. In reality it may be EDM or another market. This automatic assumption is what some aftermarket parts sellers rely on to make a sale of their product by calling it JDM when in fact it is neither a factory fitted part or option. Nieve people will then buy it thinking its JDM when in reality it is not and is just a fashionable part marketed as JDM to lure the nieve.

Some parts even tho offered in JDM is also offered in other markets such as 4 wheel steering. This is offered in Japan so it is a JDM part but was also offered in Australia AUDM, UK such as England EDM. Obtaining this feature can be called JDM tho the real test is if it came from a vehicle sold in Japan. Since there is no difference, hard to distinguish or prove otherwise you can say its JDM especially if it is looked upon more favourable to claim you have a JDM part rather than AUDM or EDM.

I hope this helps clarify what JDM is and what a JDM part really is.
                    Last edited by JDMDriver; 08-05-2012, 12:01 AM.
                    Rides:

Accord
                    92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                    96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                    88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                    95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                    91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

And then you have the shady sellers that offer parts like amber corner lights with no reflectors... made in Taiwan for sale by an American aftermarket company... and they advertise it as JDM.

I want to make an account on ebay.co.jp, and offer myself for sale there. Would that make ME JDM?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        I want to make an account on ebay.co.jp, and offer myself for sale there. Would that make ME JDM?
                        Only as long as you have a legitimately small weenis.

Comment

Lets not stereo type
                          Play nice now
                          Last edited by JDMDriver; 08-05-2012, 10:25 AM.
                          Rides:

Accord
                          92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                          96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                          88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                          92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                          95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                          92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                          91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Awwwww, you wrong for that.

Comment

LOL. It's all relative to proportions.

Comment

Working...
                              X