Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

bunkaccord, the intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other than when my balljoint broke and the car slid to a stop, nope, no issues with clearance

Comment

Welcome back sir!

Comment

Back from the dead! I just hit my 30 posts, so I'll try to get the H2b write up done for anyone interested. My car has been fully operational h2b since April, and logged over 4,000 miles commuting, 0 issues.
        Last edited by bunkaccord; 10-04-2015, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to the writeup. The B series transmissions have been off limits for so long, it'll be nice to see how they can be used. That will offer a ton of additional options not previously considered!

Comment

I am seriously looking forward to seeing your H2B setup, great work as usual

Comment

Rear mounts work quite well when you do it properly. I saw a commodore that had just had a turbo welded just before the muffler and some crappy hap hazard setup. That sucked.

Good rear mounts are great.

A good setup can be better than standard turbo setups and gets it to ultimate sleeper spec.
              sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Yesssss!

Thanks for sticking it out, and look forward to seeing you in the technical and DIY sections, as well as the MRT section (hint, hint).
                *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I am a noob when it comes to turbos, what is the benefit of running a rear turbo instead of up under the hood?

Comment

You don't have to deal with a cramped engine bay, for one. You don't have to worry about getting a proper exhaust manifold. Plus, it's unique... which makes it cool, until it becomes popular.

It's not a common thing to do. This car is the only CB I've ever seen with such a setup, honestly.

Comment

Thats pretty cool it would be a cool project to do over a summer with my boy, may have to look into it. Pretty cool to keep Power Steering and AC and still look stock under the hood. Wonder if you could do the turbo before the cat? or maybe closer to the front without it being in the way at all? I think i found my project, lol my son has been wanting to do something with my wagon and i think this will be a good chance for him to learn to wld and build something with his hands... Is the OP still on here? would be cool to talk to him some and get some info?

Comment

He comes and goes. He was trying to sell the car recently, but hopefully he's reconsidered.

Comment

Damn that sucks well i guess its time to get to the drawing board and figure out how to make this happen like did

Comment

I believe he swapped to an F20B or something as well, the last time I saw his car...

I wouldn't mind trying a rear-mount turbo setup on a beater, just for fun. I've actually been trying to think of how cheap it could be done.

Comment

could be pretty cheap if you get a junk yard turbo off a powestroke or duramax and just some pipe and just put it together on a budget $500-800??? idk what is all involved in this setup but im thinking about doing it on the wagon

Comment

I drive by his house sometimes. I ought to stop by and meet him. The car is very clean.

Comment

Working...
                                X