Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

We're back! What does everyone think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're back! What does everyone think?

We've got some fancy new software, eh? It's long overdue. I think this will make things much more enjoyable, especially for anyone browsing on a phone. The old software was very NOT mobile friendly.

We'll probably be making some tweaks here and there to the colors and layout to make things look better. We are up and running, and barring some unforeseen crazy glitch, we'll stay that way. Thanks to everyone for their patience, and thanks to Pandemic and cp[mike] for making quick work of the terribly complicated beast that was this upgrade!

Looks good...

Comment

Not too bad! Thanks for updating the site. I was having withdrawals not being able to access the information!

Comment

Thanks for fixing everything!
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Going to take me awhile to get used to all this stuff after nearly 16 years! That said, I am not sure if you know, but the classifieds might not be working correctly. It keeps taking me back to th main forum page when I click on them.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

This is great to see guys! Been a minute since I've been around, but the changes are impressive.

Hope all is well with you all, kept meaning to drop in and check on everyone through Covid19.

Keep safe guys and the new site looks great Mike

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I wish I could post something other than beginner section.

Comment

Loving it! much more modern and clean in appearance. Glad to see that im still king shit of the single cam turbo cars!

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                member ride thread
                11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

I like it! Love that you kept the functionality the exact same as it used to be. Too many site have too many changes when updating forum softwares and the ease of use actually goes down. I've considered what platform I'm going to move to and I was kinda set on xenforo or ipb hosted, but this vb5 looks is really nice--just like the old stuff we're used to.

I still have my CD9 Accord and acquired my friends CD7 many years ago. Seeing all this stuff brings the love for these awesome cars back in full force.
                  Last edited by Samir; 10-15-2020, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Is there a way to retrieve all my subscribed threads?

Comment

I don't like it.
                      Originally posted by Mishakol129
                      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

There are some annoyances I've found (I can't find a way to go to the last page of a thread without typing it), but I love that it's fresh and getting more people back around here.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Thanks everyone!
                            We tried to keep it as familiar looking as possible. We're still making some changes here and there to make things look better and work better. I get reports of problems daily, so I try to get things fixed as best I can. cp[mike] and Pandemic have been adjusting things as they find them as well.
                            A lot of the admin functions have changed quite a bit, and this software is about as user-friendly as a Bugatti Veyron manual written in Aramaic... but we'll get there!

One thing that sadly may never work correctly is the link to quoted posts. Most will send you to a completely unrelated thread. That's likely due to the fact that 1) that wasn't a feature in the old version, and 2) we had to install and upgrade numerous versions of the vBulletin software to get from 2005 to 2020... so some wires probably got crossed. The feature SHOULD work for any newly quoted posts (haven't tested it yet), but the old stuff will be screwy.

Also, I haven't figured out how to multi-quote. I'm sure it's an option. My intent was to reply to everyone!

underPSI, I bumped your post count to 30, so you're a full member now. Subscribed threads can be found in the Message Center, accessible from the navigation bar at the top right of the screen.

We've had some accessibility issues in some areas (Classifieds, Beginner Forums). Those should be fixed.
                            We also had some PM issues, saying inboxes were full. I just upped everyone's limit to 10,000+, so that shouldn't be an issue anymore. Please let me know if anyone experiences trouble!

Comment

It's looking gooooood! I had seen the post on facebook, alas I am deployed again so I haven't really got a chance to come back and check out the goodies! This is looking mad sharp! Now it's time for me to go and update my other MRT!
                              The CB7 Collector.
                              Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                              92 LX Coupe F22A1
                              2013 Toyota Corolla S
                              92 EX Sedan F22A1
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Working...
                              X