Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Forum Activity VS Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Activity VS Facebook

Seems the forum is not as active as the Facebook community. A lot of my tech questions seem to be answered here but its a struggle getting used to how to properly find what's being searched. Some answers are lead to dead links of companies that don't even make stuff anymore, members rides thread is dead since forever ago and details are kinda halted on the swap threads since im sure there has to be more to share especial in the world of K swapping. So is there a Facebook group that could be considered an extension to this forum?

I believe there used to be, but it was worse than it was here back in the day with all the kids trying to come in and tell people to cut their springs. I think Deev had initially tried that, but decided it wasn't worth it, so it ultimately got taken over. I could be wrong on that though.

I am sure there is lots of information, and I monitor the CB7 tuner groups over there, but it is still just a bunch of facebook level trash on there.

There are plenty of K-swap groups though that probably have good information. Personally, I think trying to find anything more than 30 minutes old on Facebook is a pointless exercise and a dumpster fire.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

The CB7Tuner Discord channel is probably a good middle ground. It is pretty active and much more conversational than a traditional forum.
      http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

There is an official Facebook group, yes.
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/CB7tunerOfficial/

Facebook and discord are great for discussions and answers to simple questions. The forum is a better environment for in-depth solutions and more complicated issues. Not to mention the fact that the technical information becomes a resource for future users, rather than a Facebook or discord discussion that nobody will ever see again after a few hours have passed.

It is true that many manufacturers and websites are no longer around, and that quite a few old members have been gone for ages... but keep in mind this forum has been around since 2003.

you’re always welcome to post a question on here, even if it’s been addressed before. In the old days, the “search, noob!” response was pretty common, but not so much anymore. People here realize that a previously-addressed question still may not be thoroughly answered. Most people are happy to help, even if they know the question has been answered a dozen times before.

Comment

I really appreciate the responses. Its pretty clear to me now that this forum is the place to be when it comes the nature of "maturity" within, I can see the Facebook groups getting outta hand often as they do so already.

*I defiantly didn't know the forum was around since 2003 that means I was in during the start up growth of this forum, i wish i could remember my original profile lol.*

Comment

Ya there are still people active on here who have done the common swaps in the past and now. And people like Mark are finding ways to integrated modern creature comforts into our almost 30 year old chassis. Like Deev said that search noob comment is long gone, especially since a lot of data was lost when we attempted the first update. But most here are eager to help and try and keep the forum as active as possible.

But join the discord, its nice just chatting with serious cb7 enthusiast and we help each other out with issues.
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I agree with everything being said. I believe it`s definitely a generational gap but also ease of access as well.

1) Forums are good for in depth conversations, but many have simple questions and I feel get overloaded when they see the forum
              2) Facebook and Instagram are convenient on mobile applications
              3) It will be very hard to push people back on Facebook to the forum

I been trying to push Canadian members back to the forum whenever they have detailed questions but I feel they almost get lost in all the information on here.
              I am thankful we do have the FB page and IG page for letting other Accord owners know we exist.

deevergote Should I post a link from the Canadian FB group to the official CB7Tuner CB group? I remember seeing somewhere it was for forum members only a while back so I didn`t want to flood it with randoms so I never posted it.

Side note: Since the huge CB7Tuner group that got taken down many other random groups like CB7 Accords (17k members), All Things Accord (1990 to 1993) cb7 cb9 (7.5k members), CB7/9 1990 - 1993 Accord Group Chat and Pic Post! (11k members) have gained traction and many CB7 owners in that group don`t know about CB7Tuner at all.

In my personal hunt in the past year to grow Canadian members, I was able to connect with CB members from coast to coast who had no idea CB7Tuner existed on FB and IG.
              Current:
              2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
              1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
              1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

When I spent my days at the computer a decade ago, I stayed active in dozens of various car forums. Now I have them all bookmarked and I only visit a couple fairly often. Facebook is where I spend most of my "screwing around looking at car stuff" time, but it's nice to see this forum is still here, even if much of it's content is aged. I'll join the FB group at some point and see about the Discord. Discord to me is for gaming, GTAO and RDO are almost all I play so I have groups on there for that and I like the format, so having a car community on Discord will be a new experience and I might like it.

Comment

in facebook and other social networks you can get answer faster, forums in the future will die

Comment

The main problem here is patience. This forum taught me to work on my grammar and how to be an online gentleman. I mean for Christ's sake I was banned and it sucked. Today you can create your own clique and go that way just because you refused to admit you were full of it and needed to be taught a lesson. FB doesn't have that, the anonymity the forums brought was great as well, today you're being judged on your profile, etc. Biggest thing was the search tab, folks in the forum would give you no other choice but to search for the shit because it's been mentioned since the beginning of time. in FB you read the same shit over and over and over. No better feeling than to manually search for something and find chatter about it. Hell of a conundrum, I want the answer, the right one a thorough answer and not a: it's probably your encapsulated voltage type of answer.

You end up with 50 comments with nothing but ridiculous answers of folks who didn't even do the proper research before commenting. I miss moderators actually moderating. FB moderators make me sick.

I want the Mods to know decades later, I truly appreciate all you did back in those days
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Well said. I have a friend with a cb7 who was banned on here. Same kind of scenario I guess. Like many his age he's addicted to the FB fame. Addicted to the drama. Young and not scared of consequences. Ahh i miss being young but glad I grew up before FB existed. I would hate for FB to be my main stream and is literally your life or how you are judged. Argue your life away with people you'll never meet, stressing out over presence status and what not. Waste of time.
                      Great for coordinating meets I guess, but everything else is just dust in the wind the next day. The more popular the channel the more content scrolls by too quick. It's like having a car chat room for all the wrong purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                        The main problem here is patience. This forum taught me to work on my grammar and how to be an online gentleman.

I want the Mods to know decades later, I truly appreciate all you did back in those days
                        Really well stated! Couldn't have said it better ... I love this place, and I really hope it never goes anywhere ...

I like the FB page for the fact that it directs people here and exposes it ... I dont mind the "kids" on FB ... they'll figure it out, like most of us did!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

CB7Nub sorry, I missed your post above. Yeah, definitely mention the FB group in the Canadian group (which i still recognize as “official”... you’ve kept that one going in the spirit of the forum.) I opened the official FB group to everyone once I saw that activity wasn’t going to pick up. It’s more active now!

But yes, as said above, FB is fast moving but TERRIBLE for in-depth technical information. The forum is slower by comparison, but far more helpful. And still much more active than most forums.
                          I do agree that many of our old threads are broken thanks to broken image links and references to now-unavailable parts. We need more people making DIY threads, or adding new pictures to the old ones. We have the ability to host our own pictures now, so that’s the first step to reviving the DIYs.
                          the problem is that people don’t often do technical documentation anymore. The only pictures taken are for Instagram fame. Most of our active members here are done building, and primarily just maintain their cars.

Comment

It's sad. I miss the days of forums. Now whenever I go to forums of any kind, they're all dead. Hardly any activity. Facebook has tried to take away the traffic with their Groups. But no one post anything good on those groups and its a hassle to find relevant info.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggman View Post
                              It's sad. I miss the days of forums. Now whenever I go to forums of any kind, they're all dead. Hardly any activity. Facebook has tried to take away the traffic with their Groups. But no one post anything good on those groups and its a hassle to find relevant info.
                              I think it's a generation / age thing. Kind of like we who use the forum stopped using magazines :P

Comment

Working...
                              X