Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New proud Canadian owner of a 93 Accord LX (canadian LX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New proud Canadian owner of a 93 Accord LX (canadian LX)

Hello and good day to anyone reading!

This is my first time posting on this site. I bought a cb7 about a week ago from a nice gentleman named Harry out here in British Columbia.
    I have owned 2 civics before this, 1 '82 i think and the other one '94. I did all the work on them myself (some pretty big jobs) and i took automotive in highschool at a college level so i know my basic stuff pretty well.

Before i describe the car, let me say that it is the nicest car i have ever owned. There is not a single wire in the doors, everything is manual. (five speed). The interior is so dang clean it is amazing. The body is extremely clean as well save fore approx. 2 square inches of rusting panel on the rear fenders. I plan to repair that myself.

Car has 174000 kms and runs like a dream, f22 engine, (a1 i think) shifts very smoothly, and has no mechanical issues as far as i can tell. Only thing remotely an issue is the oil pan weeps but not enough to drip or affect oil levels in the week that i have had it. Timing belt was just done at 170k and the old belt was left in the trunk... The old belt was so good looking.. No need for change but awesome that it was done.

Only weird thing is dude tried to paint the valve cover without taking it off and it looks horrible because he didn't tape off everything.
    The man was obsessed with genuine honda parts and did part replacements with genuine honda parts whenever he could. Even the goshdarn battery, and oil filter.

I would tell you what was wrong with the car but there is nothing else negative to say.. I absolutely love it. I can't think of a single other thing that could possibly be considered a problem.

What i plan on doing with the car:

rims. The factory wheels don't match the elegance of this car. I really really like the ITR wheels. I really really like BBS' also and i'm sure they make some wheels that would fit.

-standard, 'just bought a car' normal stuff to change. Like spark plugs, trans fluid change, and maybe an oil change even though the oil looks really new. He left me a genuine honda filter so might as well..

-Fix the weeping oil pan. He also left me a genuine honda oil pan gasket so no cost for me there either.

-Roof spoiler/lip/shade. Some people think they are lame, but i really like the look of them and i don't want to do any other cosmetic body mods.

-like i said, fix the little bit of rust on the body.

-oh boy this is important one: get some cupholders.. There are none inside the vehicle.

Thank you if you read all of this.. I am just so excited with this car. I haven't had a honda for maybe half a decade and i miss having a car that i am not afraid to fix. And that has comparatively cheap parts. newer Euro cars are the worst for fixing imo....

With a little bit of respect, and preventative maintenance, I hope this car will serve my needs for years to come. I love it, and I am just so happy because it is EXACTLY what i was looking for

Once again TY, let me know if there is anything i should watch out for with this car, or if there is any good mods that you like.

I have been trying for a while to post my imgur link or upload the photo to this post. Call me stupid but i can't figure it out. Maybe imgur doesn't work. all the other links i tried in the sticky didn't work.

Here is a link to a couple photos

https://imgur.com/prnJRqR

https://imgur.com/LPGU3Xh

Welcome! I just got a blank screen when trying to look at the photos. Sounds like you have a DX, so the engine would be the F22A1. I don't recall if the DX didn't have the cup holder slider - is there a about 3/4" panel below the radio? Push that, a two cup holder may pop out. Note, to change the oil pan gasket, you'll have to drop the flex pipe from the exhaust manifold; I suggest installing a new gasket (metal o-ring) at that location when you put it back together. Take care of all the maintenance items first, check brakes, suspension, etc. For the valve cover, find a spare, have it stripped and powder coated in your desired color, then swap it.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

thanks a lot! yea no i see where the cupholders are SUPPOSED to go im pretty sure. (like a slot underneath the radio, about 3/4"-1")

here is another link, i think i might have made it hidden before. https://imgur.com/gallery/LGcSWcY

It is the champagne color that is in some of the original advertisements

Guy said he did brakes recently but i will be putting in atleast some new pads. I did the oil pan on my 5th gen civic and it is all comming back to me now.. I remember being so choked in highschool that i had to drop part of the pipe to take the pan off.

TYVM for the suggestions i definitely will be doing all the regular stuff in the next few days once the parts come in. I wish you could see a picture of it. It is my most prized posession. Maybe next to my PC but it is up there

Comment

Stupid me. My wife messed with my computer so images don't automatically display, have to give permission for every web site. I can see the pics now. Looks like Seattle Silver (I had one that color). If I were you (I'm not and it is your car), I'd try to find matching front and rear bumpers and door handles from an LX or EX (again, just my opinion - I prefer body color matching bumpers). Just looked at www.hondaautomotiveparts.com; the DX didn't have the cupholder that the other models did. DX console is on the right. LX, EX, SE consoles are on the right with item #1 being the pop out cupholder. You could look for an LX, EX, or SE console and get the cupholder.

90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

• FPScanada
          FPScanada commented
          Editing a comment
          haha you like body colored bumpers? i really like these black ones. I always thought replacing chrome /black bumpers with painted ones looked wierd. I will have to google some pics to see how it looks.

And thank you for that picture. I will be taking a trip to the salvage yard to see if i can find myself some goodies.

Seeing all Honda replacement parts is a good sign, by chance did you get any spares when you picked it up? Some meticulous car owners keep spare filters and such handy and as these cars age it's good to buy multiples of everything because next time you go to order one it may be obsoleted.

Comment

• FPScanada
          FPScanada commented
          Editing a comment
          yea i think i forgot to mention it in the OP but i was left an oil pan gasket (gen. honda) and an oil filter.

I just did the spark plugs/wires with NGK ones and with the help of this site i did the complicated (for me) spark plug seals below the lifter assembly and the valve cover. got a wierd idle issue when the car gets a bit warm but nothing major.
      Working...
      X