Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Back after 15 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back after 15 years

Hey y'all,

I used to read this site religiously when I bought my first car, a 1990 5spd in charcoal. I wrecked it, sadly, and bought another in purple/red that was not as good. Switched to 240's in the early 2000's and still have one as a loong term project, but I daily a Subaru, which isn't the smartest. Got a bit nostalgic and wondered where the CB7 game was at and if I could find one that wasn't rusty for a decent price. I used auto tempest to search and only found 5 for sale in the US, mostly in CA (I live in the Midwest). I'm not opposed to driving/flying to get a good one, but I wonder how the aftermarket is now- are parts available, and are they expensive? Is the forum still alive and is anyone still interested in these cars?

Hey... No, Yes, No, Nah

Still great cars, but want a cool lip, nope. JDM headlights, good luck. Carbon fiber hood...eee maybe. Parts are rare, a dying breed which can be good too. Same situation as the 240SX isn't it

Comment

Except at least some cb7s still show up in the yard vs never finding any 240sx in the yard.
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

The CB aftermarket is hanging on. Not as strong as it once was, but it’s not dead. You can still build a pretty impressive car with brand new quality parts. Especially if you’re willing to swap in a newer K series engine. I still prefer the H22 (which is getting harder to find), but the K series is amazing.

I do miss the days where a trip to the junkyard almost always yielded at least 2-3 CB7s, a DSM or two, and a few EG Civics. I never found any cool JDM parts, but there were always cars to pick clean. Now, not so much. I’m lucky to find a CG around here anymore!

Comment

Finding parts in southwest Oklahoma may be an issue but the good news is my wife and I go to D/FW often enough and they have many many many import yards over in Grand Prairie and Arlington so should be able to scavenge all sorts of goodies while there. Well, that is, *IF* I remember to bring my tools in her truck since she'll insist on having her Explorer with her when we go. The yards here in Lawton crush out anything more than 15 years old, even the Ford/GM/Chrysler yards don't have much from the last century except for gobs of pickups.

Comment

Congrats! I just bought a CB after 15 years of being out of the Honda world too.

Comment

Working...
            X