Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Fuel Rail & FPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Rail & FPR

Hey guys,

Just getting a consensus here in regards to what Fuel Rail & FPR to run on the F22s while boosted. I have a JDM F22B SOHC nonVTEC.

Currently just running the stock rail with RC 750s & 255 Walboro.

I am hitting about 10psi of boost & while I record my datalogs my duty cycle is getting up to around 85%.

I bought an AEM FPR a while ago & didn't realize it won't bolt to the stock rail. The stock FPR on the F22's has the hole"off center" so it doesn't line up correctly with the AEM FPR.

I was thinking about buying the AEM rail.

What are you guys running?

Thanks!
    Keep Pushing..

I had both the AEM FPR and the AEM fuel rail. I removed the AEM FPR and put the OEM FPR back on. The AEM FPR was sticking and causing issues which is why I went back to OEM. Haven’t had an issue since and the OEM one has over 50k miles on it with no issue and the AEM one had 5,000 miles with issues. I would save your money and keep OEM or look into aeromotive. But honestly I don’t think you need an adjustable FPR until you into insane numbers. 600+.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Dude thank you for that response!!! That was very helpful.

So, my issue is that since I have a F22B whatever (same as CD5 Accord/Odyssey) I cannot find any fuel rail. I saw AEM made one #25-106 but, they are discontinued. I haven't looked yet but I think I read that the bolting locations for the rail are different compared to the F22a's. My old F22a4 is in storage so I dont have a reference right now.

When I look over my datalog I see about 85% duty cycle on the injectors at 10psi boost. My injectors are 750cc. With the injectors being a decent size it's strange that the duty cycle for the injectors is so high. I do not have a fuel pressure guage so I have no idea what psi the fuel is at. This is why I was looking to install an adjustable FPR with the guage to see what psi the fuel is at. Fuel pump is also walboro 255 with stock wiring only.

How much boost were you making?
      Keep Pushing..

Comment

I did find one of these Ebay external FPR's. Anyone ever use these? Seem cheap so idk if I even wanna risk running this because if it fails there is a fire hazard for sure.
        Attached Files
        Keep Pushing..

Comment

I’m currently running 14 psi on e-85 with the walboro 255lph. I’m 90% positive the fuel rail bolt patterns are different between the A and B. You could easily tap a bolt and thread a gauge on the rail to see. Or you could throw the EBay FPR on just to see what PSI your getting then take it off. 2 bolts, vacuum line and a hose clamp. Shouldn’t take long. I believe my fuel psi is around 45 but I can check when I get home.

85% does seem a bit high for 750cc @ 10psi. I think on my old setup with 450cc dsm blue tops were at 85% when I was on 10 psi. So I would expect the 750s to be less.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Yeah I think you are right about bolt patterns being different.

I do have one of the guages that you can put on the fuel filter so I could do that as well.

Yeah it's definitely way too high of duty for sure. I am thinking the fuel pressure might be a little lower. This Civic also had a ton of wiring issues where the fuel pump would not prime. It's actually hard wired for the pump to stay on with ignition. Lol that could add some issues as well.

I was also thinking about running a relay with bigger guaged wiring for the fuel pump too. I heard that can help increase the amount of voltage to the pump & help with pressure a little more.

What is the ideal psi at idle for F22s? Like 40-43?
            Keep Pushing..

Comment

Ya I believe its 40-45psi I have mine at 43 psi with no issues. Could be the wiring for sure asking for my duty then what is needed.
              ~Nick~

Comment

Okay cool, thank you for confirming what your pressure is at.

I went & put on this VMS Adjustable FPR. Hooked everything up, no leaks.

I think I am on the right track now. I adjusted the pressure to about 42psi. I have done a little bit of driving around & I definitely have a lot more fuel because easing into boost right before it comes in the AFRs were 10.0 lol. Suuuper fat.

I just need more time to tune then I should be getting closer to getting everything dialed in.

Still on the stock block & looking to push it to see how far I can go. I have the block I previously blew the ringlands last year now built with the H22 Eagle Rods & the Evo Wiseco 85mm pistons sitting in my badement ready to get swapped in whenever I get tired of the stock block.

But honestly the stock F22 in a Civic Hatch with boost is an animal. Shreds 3rd gear pretty good with barely 10psi lol.

Gonna put up a picture of the FPR setup when I get home.
                Keep Pushing..

Comment

Sloppy with the fuel lines but hey, it works lol.
                  Attached Files
                  Keep Pushing..

Comment

Sorry guys, I neglected the CB7 unfortunately..still stuck with the F22. Obviously not the F22A but still an F22.
                    Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
                    X