Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How do i burnout???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i burnout???

yea im new to driving well not really but i want to burnout, not put it neutral, rev up the engine then put it in drive real quick and peel out for like 3 seconds i want to hold it for a while so the smoke can show, and make it look HOT... help !!!

get an h22 and boost

Comment

Burning out is so utterly pointless ;-) And yet so wonderful! btw, just so we're clear, I would never condone buring out, but its going to be hard with an automatic. Just pull the e-brake, and floor it in D3. Maybe in a puddle of water. On a hill. With bald tires. Just kidding about those last things. GL.

- Dan
      Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

r u using an automatic?...b/c those neutral drops are really really bad for the transmission.

First I suggest you get a manual transmission and then get some nasty old tires and spray bleach on them (this will make the tires very weak, I suggest not driving on them after). Make sure your rear brakes are working fine. Then go for it. Burn outs are a lot easier in FWD cars than RWD cars.

Steps:

1. put hand brake on.
        2. get to first gear and keep on the clutch.
        3. Rev engine to 4000rpm (max torque).
        4. Release the clutch.

Disclaimer: In no way am I responible for any damage to your car. u r.

ACCORD BURNOUT!!!!
        Last edited by lokuputha; 01-09-2007, 12:57 PM.
        DEVOTE

Comment

rev it to the rev limiter and dump the clutch. As for autos Neutral rev up to about 6400 and ddump it. *Notice I am not responsible if your trans fucks up, something breaks, and your car wont drive anymore. lol burnouts are easy in an fwd. Lock rears smoke fronts lol not much into it.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

turn your wheels alot and pull the ebarake. floor it and maby get some bald tires. why do you want to burn out?
            spin city

Comment

maybe caus its fun lol. my stock cb7 slipped em all the way through third and chirped fourth the other day going up a hill. i was totally shocked lol. i had no idea 130 horsepower could do that!!
              "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
              Disregard females, acquire currency
              BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
                maybe caus its fun lol. my stock cb7 slipped em all the way through third and chirped fourth the other day going up a hill. i was totally shocked lol. i had no idea 130 horsepower could do that!!

it might also be that you have old tires...I just replaced my nasty Goodyear HP's with some new Bridgestone Potenza's...and no matter what gear I can't get them to chirp...nothing but sticky
                DEVOTE

Comment

burnouts are way more fun with a manual, i usually like to do them before a race to warm up the tires and show off for the bitches!

they wanna take pictures and blow me
                  like sucking on my pony is some kind of fuckin trophy

jdmCITY.com

Comment

well first off burning out is for jackass'. second is a waste of tire. save yourself some money...

Comment

dude dont be a dillhole if ur not gonna actually help him do it then go to the next thread and leave this one alone
                      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

dont use bleach, use vinegar. and in an AT i wouldnt recommend dropping to N either. BUT if thats what you got, in either D3 or D4, you can do it in a small puddle. Just come to a complete stop, wait to idle, then floor it. Its also probably best if u sit just in front of the puddle. Other than sneaking up on it, going uphil, or dropping to N, theres really not alot you can do. I tend to enjoy long open on-ramps where i floor it the whole way...My car redlines each gear, and it shifts into last gear, at 90, and im not even on the highway yet

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I am helping him out... trying to help him save money... from getting a ticket, new tires, and new auto. tranny
                          if that's not help i don't know what is

Comment

JUST GUESSING, and im not sure, but im GUESSING he knew it was illegal before he posted this. and if we find out otherwise you have my most sincere, heartfelt apologies.

my suggestion on burning out would be like all the others are saying-puddle. ive heard that pouring oil on the ground works well, but i havent tried it, nor would i. probably the best solution would be to go 5 spd, but in your case that may not be an option. good luck tho!!

Comment

I was able to get ONE burnout from my car back when I first got it. I parke don a new paved parking lot. pulled the PARKING BRAKE and put it in gear (automatic BTW) floored it and let the smoke roll.

Any time I tried after that the front tires just moved forward and the back tires would slide.

One day when I can get the video from VHS to the comp I'll upload it and show you all.
                              !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X