Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

shouldn't i have auto belts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shouldn't i have auto belts?

i feel like an idiot for asking this, but shouldn't my car have those auto seat belts? i have a 1991 EX-R (US EX) coupe. apparantly every Accord in 1990 and 1991 had them but when i got mine it never did. i'm just curious.....
    Originally posted by deevergote.
    And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

The Canadian models didn't have the auto belts.

Comment

Originally posted by 91blkcoupe
      The Canadian models didn't have the auto belts.
      alright thanks for clearing that up. but why didn't we? weren't they like a major safety feature at the time?

Comment

Originally posted by 91 EX-R
        alright thanks for clearing that up. but why didn't we? weren't they like a major safety feature at the time?
        One of two reasons, or both.
        The Japanese think Canadians have enough since to use them without being forced to.
        Or
        The US Federal government thinks Americans are to stupid to use them without being forced to.
        Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

Autobelts are a stupid idea anyway. They fail. They get in the way. The motors die. They look stupid. You lucked out!

Comment

i hate damn autobelts. i have a 90 ex coupe and i removed mine, in fact im on my way to pick up my new interior as i type. i have 92 lude seats that will replacing the tan seats and im gettin the 92-93 coupe belts for mine.

also, me and my cousin were going back to his house one day. he tried to get out and the belt got stuck in the turn on the track and it tightened up on him, i was laughing my ass off

auto belts suck

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

I thought autobelts were on CDM accords... Just the other day, a canadian member said something about how ppl always think its a custom job, but its not...

And if i had the autobelts, id just unhok the one that moves with the buckel and use the lap-belt....

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

i feel like an idiot for asking this, but shouldn't my car have those auto seat belts? i have a 1991 EX-R (US EX) coupe. apparantly every Accord in 1990 and 1991 had them but when i got mine it never did. i'm just curious.....
                Mine dont. I hate auto belts. Just another reason to get you killed.
                90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Autobelts were the start of restraint systems. The highway transportation passed a law requiring some sort of adaptive restraint in 90-91 thats why a lot of cars have autobelts in the US. From 92 they went back to 3pt belts and airbags. Later on cutoff switches were decided for baby passengers in two door cars or short drivers. But thats basically why. Either way 3pt > autobelt anytime anyday.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I also thought it was pretty cool that since the 90/91's in Canada had 3 pt manual belts, they can use the 92/93 USDM CB9/DX armrest Saw acouple of those when I was in Montreal over the summer.

Comment

i love my autobelts, they arent that difficult, you guys sound like an over exaggerated infomercial, hahaha
                      Newcummer

Comment

another crappy thing bout autobelts is when u have ur visor down and to the side . . .
                        if its happened to u,
                        u know what i mean

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
                          I thought autobelts were on CDM accords... Just the other day, a canadian member said something about how ppl always think its a custom job, but its not...
                          maybe they have a USDM Accord. do you remember who it was?

and i guess i did luck out. i 've heard that they were really annoying and got inthe way a lot. lucky me.

Comment

Autobelts ftw. I grew up with them.
                            wat?

Comment

auto belts are cool. you dont have to put the belt on. they come on for you
                              90 EX DUMPED!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X