Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

a puddle killed my engine??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a puddle killed my engine??

if anybody can please help me out with trying to save my engine i would appreciate it soooo much. i went threw a puddle in a rainstorm = engine cut off =wont start =had it looked at and said i seized my engine. but i have a friend who said thats bull i could suk the water out with a shop vac threw the spark plug holes. i tried it but only got a tiny bit of water. if any body has tips hellp or anything plzzz let me know. thnx

Originally posted by loudlowaccord
    if anybody can please help me out with trying to save my engine i would appreciate it soooo much. i went threw a puddle in a rainstorm = engine cut off =wont start =had it looked at and said i seized my engine. but i have a friend who said thats bull i could suk the water out with a shop vac threw the spark plug holes. i tried it but only got a tiny bit of water. if any body has tips hellp or anything plzzz let me know. thnx
    its called hydrolock, when you suck up too much water in your intake, the water goes into the combustion chamber and causes it to lock up. ive had this problem before with my blazer. i dont know how easy it would be to un seize a honda but i know all u have to do for a blazer is get some marvel mystery oil and put it in the spark plug holes little at a time and manualy turn the engine over by hand, do this several times until you are sure its not gonna seize again, then start it up and turn off, wait then start it again and let it idle until smoke clears.

Comment

same thing happened to me when i tried to wash my engine.water went inside the spark plugs and i had to take the water out with a air compressor.it should work as soon as they dry.i didnt have my car for like a whole day but its all good now

Comment

how do you take out the water with an air compressor tho if an air compressor blows air??

Comment

where do i get the marvel oil

Originally posted by Opticon
          its called hydrolock, when you suck up too much water in your intake, the water goes into the combustion chamber and causes it to lock up. ive had this problem before with my blazer. i dont know how easy it would be to un seize a honda but i know all u have to do for a blazer is get some marvel mystery oil and put it in the spark plug holes little at a time and manualy turn the engine over by hand, do this several times until you are sure its not gonna seize again, then start it up and turn off, wait then start it again and let it idle until smoke clears.
          and also what does it exactly do? does it evaporate water or something?

Comment

u blow out the water

Comment

how do you take out the water with an air compressor tho if an air compressor blows air??
              yea depends what tip u have.u can have like the tip to put air in ur tires or like the thing to bolt on ur rims or the one that blows lotsa air

Comment

lol its a mystery. nah jk, its just like oil. it doesnt sound like anything special but it mysteriously works. it doesnt evaporate water, it just breaks the cylinders free. (if its seized)

Comment

my bad i think i didnt answer ur q.yea it blows out the air pretty hard so water goes flying out

Comment

dam u guys r alot of help i think im gonna try both ideas in a lil bit but im gonna need help a lil later on how to turn the engine over by hand but again thanx alot guys big help hopefully ill save her=)

Comment

dam u guys r alot of help i think im gonna try both ideas in a lil bit but im gonna need help a lil later on how to turn the engine over by hand but again thanx alot guys big help hopefully ill save her=)
                      u will bro lol nothing to worry bout

Comment

Damn that mavel mistery oil works wonders! It fixes almost anything that needs lube.

Comment

Originally posted by ph0en1x
                          Damn that mavel mistery oil works wonders! It fixes almost anything that needs lube.
                          how about a vagina?LMFAO!! jk

Comment

Originally posted by Lroy onDA scene
                            how about a vagina?LMFAO!! jk
                            ya it works good for that too lol

Comment

I would pull all the spark plugs out, and see if you can turn it over by hand. If you can't, there is a good chance that a rod is bent or broken. If it turns over easily with the plugs still out, turn it over with the starter for a bit, should spray all the water out the spark plug holes.

Comment

Working...
                              X