Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Semi-Autos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Semi-Autos

Hey guys i know manuals are good but is there any good semi-autos that can be just as good as a manual?

My boys 2001 Acura TL was pretty cool, the only thing is u cant downshift like a manual when u want to get thrown back in the seat. It downshifts safelly to match the revs and trans. So u cant get to nasty.
    Arcadia Green Crew #48
    Arcadia Green- "It's not just a color, It's a lifestyle"
    My Transformer on myspace
    Sold to: JakFrostwhite, Icedplaya123
    Vouch for: Straight_Success, Bcozzi71,IcedPlaya123,RevHard215,F20ACB7,CB7 91/DX
    RPM we the best!!!
    Reading/Philly Mob CB7Tuner #1
    93 Lx Arcadia Green a.k.a Assoluto: R.I.P
    92 Ex Arcadia Green a.k.a Xevious: R.I.P
    93 Ex Arcadia Green a.k.a Luxo:In service now !!!
    Are 3 Arcadia Green coupes 2 many !!!

Comment

My friend has 06 Eclispe and the semi auto is pretty nice its flows real well

Comment

Think of it like this... It's a hybrid... Hybrid is usually not the best at anything.... it's usually mediocre... Where the manuals succeed, the auto fail and where the autos succeed, the mannys fail.... the hybrid is just there in between.

Comment

the Hybirds have both the Pros and Cons of Manual and Auto

Comment

I'm not too sure but I guess you mean tiptronic style transmissions. I know that performance-wise the majority decrease performance compared to the standard manual transmission, but I know for a fact that the audi A3's DSG paddle shift transmission does increase performance compared to manual transmission. I actually drove the car with DSG, it was the 2.0T, and the car definately was shifting lightning fast, kinda sounded like a motorcyle, it was really fun.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

Yea but Audi is a monster company when it comes to performance, they arent definatly not lacking when it comes to that.

I'd say the best Semi-Auto is the Mitz Evo Ralli-art. The SST is simply FLAWLESS. No Lag, and you keep the power. not to mention it has at least 250hp(if not more) and its Turboed

Comment

Most "semi-autos" are just automatics with an option for the driver to tell the transmission to shift, rather than the ECU doing it automatically. Functionally, they are still automatic transmissions in every other way.

The new dual clutch systems found on many higher-end cars (the new GT-R has one, as does the EvoX and the IS-F) are the first mass-market "semi auto" transmissions. Those are very capable.

For our purposes... there are no great options.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                  Most "semi-autos" are just automatics with an option for the driver to tell the transmission to shift, rather than the ECU doing it automatically. Functionally, they are still automatic transmissions in every other way.

The new dual clutch systems found on many higher-end cars (the new GT-R has one, as does the EvoX and the IS-F) are the first mass-market "semi auto" transmissions. Those are very capable.

For our purposes... there are no great options.
                  The Audi/VW/Porsche are the same type.
                  Gary A.K.A. Carter
                  [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Semi auto = auto with manual override (still has a torque convertor)

Automated manual = Essentially a manual gearbox with an 'auto' mode. BMW SMG, DSG/S-Tronic, Alfa Romeo's system, Maserati Duo-Select, the list goes on.

Deev knows his gearboxes

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                    Honda Accord Euro-R
                    Honda Odyssey Absolute
                    Honda City I-DSi
                    Honda Stream

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
                      The Audi/VW/Porsche are the same type.

i hear with the dual clutch trannies they are wicked fast on the up shift but are just slow as an auto on the down shift...
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

I think its important to remember the difference between a semi-auto and a sequential transmission.

A good way to think about it is an automatic with an ecu that lets you pick what gear you want to be in versus an manual transmission with an electonic clutch sometimes dual clutch that can shift infinitely faster than any can with their foot and hand.

Frost White 1991 LX

Comment

Just stick with manual!

Comment

He's already automatic.

Even though the "manumatic" transmissions found in Hondas aren't great, I'd still love to see someone work one into a CB.

Comment

haha take the Sportonic outta a 00' prelude

Comment

Working...
                              X