Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 accord cruise control wires???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 accord cruise control wires???

I just bought a new steering wheel and it dosn't have cruise control buttons. I got the wheel mounted up and I know the 2 cruise control wires are light green and red and light green and black. I bought some "momentary" switches for the set/decel and the resume/accel buttons. The switches are very small and im going to mount tehm somewhere, but there are 2 metal prongs on the back of each of them and im wondering if one is the ground and the other is for the cruise wire??? Im just not sure how to hook it up to the new switch, im assuming its grounded on one prong and the cruise wire on the other so when I push the button it temporarily closes the circuit and activates the cruise... Am I wrong? any info helps... I have a manual so i know the wire colors. Thanks a bunch!- Eazy

Originally posted by eazyduzit509 View Post
    I just bought a new steering wheel and it dosn't have cruise control buttons. I got the wheel mounted up and I know the 2 cruise control wires are light green and red and light green and black. I bought some "momentary" switches for the set/decel and the resume/accel buttons. The switches are very small and im going to mount tehm somewhere, but there are 2 metal prongs on the back of each of them and im wondering if one is the ground and the other is for the cruise wire??? Im just not sure how to hook it up to the new switch, im assuming its grounded on one prong and the cruise wire on the other so when I push the button it temporarily closes the circuit and activates the cruise... Am I wrong? any info helps... I have a manual so i know the wire colors. Thanks a bunch!- Eazy
    You are not really wrong with regards to a normal two or three position switch, but momentary switches are different. The switch should either have markings on it or there should have been something that came with it to say if it mattered (it might not). Since it is a momentary it probably won't, so just hook it up however you want.
    1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

You should have three wires there. Blue/Red, Light Green/Red, Light Green/Black.

If you put the blue/red and light green/red on one switch, that might make your Set switch.

Blue/red and Light green/black should make your Resume switch.

As you can see, you will have to create a Y on the end of the blue/red, because you need to use it twice.

I'll bet that circuit board just doubles up the blue/red wire.
      Last edited by benji; 08-09-2008, 02:07 PM.
      1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

I am reviving this to see if the wiring suggestion worked?

Comment

Originally posted by eazyduzit509 View Post
          i would go to the junk yard and test with my meter on the cb7 there ..since it`s not in your car now..sorry i got a dx no cruse on it

Comment

Working...
          X