Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

AEM Brake Pads on Ebay..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AEM Brake Pads on Ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...249076842&rd=1

How come these are so cheap? Is it just because they are discontinued that they are that cheap?

Good deal or not?

Also, anyone know if the Hawk HPS Pads are worth buying over OEM pads from the dealership?
    Last edited by lo_dit; 09-06-2008, 08:54 PM.

FS: OEM Fuel Filter, ES Tie Rod Boots, Chrome Bulbs

my sister had aem brake pads on her integra, they lasted a total of 2 months. Given, she's an aggressive driver her normal pads I think just normal duralast pads lasted a lot longer.

12 dollars with shipping makes it come out to a little less than average brake pads. Just get some HAWK pads and you'll be happy.

Comment

Hawk Pads better than OEM pads? Pads from like Autozone squeal like crazy, well from past experience

Comment

I wouldn't know cuz I got bnib front and rear AEM pads for the price of $0.00
        Thanks craigslist
        "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
        "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
        ><((((º>

Comment

how are they? How long have you used them for? And what is your driving habit? i.e. Grandma style, road racer aggressive style.

:]

Comment

I did not like AEM pads.
            Gary A.K.A. Carter
            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

K so AEM doesnt sound on top of the list but then again I dont think buying $12 pads is a good idea anyway.

Anyone know if the Hawk HPS Pads are worth buying over OEM pads from the dealership?

Comment

Depends on your driving habits.

hawks will definitely bite harder than oem if you like to stop abruptly leaving you with excess brake dust. Unsure how long they last but for I believe $30 dollars you can afford to buy 3 pairs of hawk pads rather than 1 set of OEM brake pads that usually cost $80+.

OEM brake pads have decent braking and last a while, they just cost a lot.

Comment

I was going to post this question also. Ive seen good deals for pads and dirlled rotors on ebay. Just not sure of the quality.
                  "Brought to you by Carls Jr."

Comment

Hawk Pads were pretty expensive online, ebay was $52 cheapest I found. I'm not needing anything amazing for performance. Car is a dd so the OEM ones should do fine, I believe they are $65-$70 from Honda. And I can get them asap instead of waiting on shipping.

Comment

Hawk , Akebono & EBC my top 3.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Akebono are the OEM pads?

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                          how are they? How long have you used them for? And what is your driving habit? i.e. Grandma style, road racer aggressive style.

:]
                          I've been grandma'ing it for the entire time since I was in need of a clutch and am now breaking it in. Been using for like the last 2 months plus I've got slotted rotors and they work pretty good together. Not real grabby but the brake feel is solid and sure.

Also the AEM pads are made by Nissin which threw me off at first because I have akebono calipers.
                          "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
                          "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
                          ><((((º>

Comment

AEM pads are decent. Most performance pads will wear quickly if used aggressively.

If they're closeout pads, the company probably just wants to get them off the shelves. Once something sits on the shelf for a while, it's useless... Better to get $12 for it, than sit on it and hold out for $40.

Hawk is good, Brembo is fantastic, EBC is usually good (though Acclude91 put a set on my hatchback when he had it, and one of them fell apart almost immediately...), Akebono is good...

Whatever. If you just want street performance, get normal street pads. Performance pads will eat your rotors faster. I have Pep Boys cheapies on my car now, and they're fine. Squealing is not usually a result of crappy materials... it's more often a result of improper installation (no non-squeak goo put on them), or improper break-in (every manufacturer has a different process... follow it)

Comment

Working...
                            X