Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

would i get more mileage if....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would i get more mileage if....

what if i add a header, make a spacer,that p12 ecu,and a intake? it would be just for regular driving,no racing whatsoever.I saw a prelude 1990 in the jy today.will that be a p12? I have a 92 lx auto.This is the wife's car.

The p12 is the ecu from the 92-96 prelude s which has the f22a1 motor. You can however,grab the steering wheel from said prelude and install it in your cb with a little modification
    "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
    ><((((º>

Comment

what does that have to do with what i just wrote?

Comment

Originally posted by sc2dave View Post
        what does that have to do with what i just wrote?
        he answered your question,and more

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

steering wheel?

Comment

Originally posted by JDMchristian991 View Post
            he answered your question,and more
            he answered one of his questions.

u'll probably gain very little mileage overall
            Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
            -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

You probably won't get better mileage with mods. Modifications RARELY return better mileage without tuning. You'll run rich because you'll be taking in more air... and the ECU will be compensating for it by dumping more fuel.

There. All questions are answered. Joe took care of the rest... and mentioned the ONLY worthwhile part you can take from that 3rd gen Prelude.

What's the deal with all the "can I take the ECU from this old-ass Prelude?" questions lately? Everyone seems to be hearing about the P12 somehow, but they aren't following through in finding out what it's from!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                and mentioned the ONLY worthwhile part you can take from that 3rd gen Prelude. !
                nah,the only part worthwhile that HE can take.

Comment

I've got an intake, header, exhaust, and a p12 ecu and I'm getting between 31 and 36 mph. But, I never checked the gas mileage prior to those modifications, so...

Comment

keep it all stock, run stock wheels, add a h23 plenum and throttle body, i have heard that is the only mod that ups the mpg. Use synthetic oil if you would like to take the risk of running it on a high mileage motor, seafoam it, or run some lucas feul cleaner, or get some 44k BG fuel additive (stuff works wonders) Put 40psi in the tires. These are the only little things that will get you good gas mileage, but most of all keep your foot out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                      You probably won't get better mileage with mods. Modifications RARELY return better mileage without tuning. You'll run rich because you'll be taking in more air... and the ECU will be compensating for it by dumping more fuel.There. All questions are answered.
                      run rich? how, if the O2 sensor will still run the same air/fuel ratio it's programmed to run at.

Comment

Originally posted by zigg_1311 View Post
                        keep it all stock, run stock wheels, add a h23 plenum and throttle body, i have heard that is the only mod that ups the mpg. Use synthetic oil if you would like to take the risk of running it on a high mileage motor, seafoam it, or run some lucas feul cleaner, or get some 44k BG fuel additive (stuff works wonders) Put 40psi in the tires. These are the only little things that will get you good gas mileage, but most of all keep your foot out of it.
                        See,this is a GOOD reply,not like some of those immature replies. What car comes with an h23 plenum and t/b? any pics anywhere?

Comment

i think the p12 ecu plays part in it,

and dude wats your problem everyone especially deevegote answered your question

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by sc2dave View Post
                            run rich? how, if the O2 sensor will still run the same air/fuel ratio it's programmed to run at.
                            when you have more air entering, your ecu will compensate by adding more fuel to maintain the proper air/fuel ratio.
                            so it's not necessarily running rich, but your engine will be using a bit more fuel

Comment

My first modication was a short-ram intake, and I noticed a little better gas mileage. Once you start getting into spacers and all that, they won't help your gas mileage. Probably make it worse. Like Deev said, more air...more fuel. The only thing I noticed that gave me better gas mileage, in your list...was the p12, but I sorta downgraded from the pt6 ecu (from the f22a6), to the p12, so my gas mileage was bound to get better anyway.

It's hard to notice if your gas mileage is gettin' better or not, after mods. People don't just put intakes...headers...exhausts, on cars....and still drive them like a grandma. Once you hear the sound of the intake when you get on it, your gonna be on that gas pedal a little more than usual. More mods you get, the heavier your foot gets. Every kid around here, that bolts..(not welds), but actually bolt a fart can on their car, runs the piss out of it. I noticed my better gas mileage with the short-ram, on the highway just coasting for 300+ miles. I noticed about a 20 mile difference in the tank. 335 to 360. Well, that's 25, but still..it's a tad better.
                              98' Mustang 3V Swap
                              11' VW CC R36

Comment

Working...
                              X