Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Faster way of CLeaning A6 IM??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faster way of CLeaning A6 IM??

i recently obtained 2 A6 IM an one of em is really carbonated inside now i have carb/throttle body cleaner but it look like the more i spray it the less i get off cuz its so gunked up wud paint thinner work or varsol or sumthin LMK ur suggestion or opinons plzzz. I'll get pics up of the gunk soon.

Here is a pic of my DOuble stack i used a wire brush drill attachment to clean up the exterior

an now the dirt

Last edited by GearBangnAccord; 09-16-2008, 04:57 AM.
    Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

i've heard of people using easy-off oven cleaner with good results. you might want to soak it in hot water and re-try, don't forget to clean the egr ports. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I bought a pretty dirty H23 IM off ebay but got it pristine after a bit of work and time. This is what I did:

1. Removed any electrical sensors/valves and cleaned these independently.
      2. Separate runners from plenum from throttle body.
      3. Find a LARGE plastic container (buy one, kiddy pool, big kitchen sink, bathtub, etc)
      4. Soak the runners, plenum, and TB in a solution of water and highly concentrated Simple Green OVERNIGHT. Make sure everything is completely submerged.
      5. Next day use a long skinny kitchen cleaning brush, and a hard bristled brush and go at it! Go crazy brushing everything clean dipping in your water solution until like new!

Take a look at my MR Thread first page to see the results!
      My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

are those egr port plug reuseable???

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
          I bought a pretty dirty H23 IM off ebay but got it pristine after a bit of work and time. This is what I did:

1. Removed any electrical sensors/valves and cleaned these independently.
          2. Separate runners from plenum from throttle body.
          3. Find a LARGE plastic container (buy one, kiddy pool, big kitchen sink, bathtub, etc)
          4. Soak the runners, plenum, and TB in a solution of water and highly concentrated Simple Green OVERNIGHT. Make sure everything is completely submerged.
          5. Next day use a long skinny kitchen cleaning brush, and a hard bristled brush and go at it! Go crazy brushing everything clean dipping in your water solution until like new!

Take a look at my MR Thread first page to see the results!
          brass/copper grill cleaning brushes would take any gunk right off. I cut myself on one thread of it, so imagine a whole brush.

Comment

air craft paint stripper works well to.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
              brass/copper grill cleaning brushes would take any gunk right off. I cut myself on one thread of it, so imagine a whole brush.
              Yeah, a brass brush works really well for cleaning up the sensors and tight places and makes the aluminum look bright in a hurry!

You still need a long 1.5" diameter flexible brush to get all up in the runners though. At least if you're OCD like me, lol.
              My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord View Post
                air craft paint stripper works well to.
                the fumes from paint stripper stuff gives me a rash lol

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

Originally posted by GearBangnAccord View Post
                  If you're referring to these, yes, they're serviceable EGR cleaning ports:

Edited for image
                  Last edited by 19dabeast85; 09-16-2008, 04:27 AM.
                  My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Yeah, a brass brush works really well for cleaning up the sensors and tight places and makes the aluminum look bright in a hurry!

You still need a long 1.5" diameter flexible brush to get all up in the runners though. At least if you're OCD like me, lol.
                    yes i do have ocd or i wud have jsut installed after my mild clean up but i want it like urs. im getttin a bin 2moro to soak em in then im scrub it down

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

If you're referring to these, yes, they're serviceable EGR cleaning ports:

Edited for image
                      no the stock ones i saw a post of some guy who drill in to then put a screw an pull them out w/o drilling thru them he also reused them just cant find the post.

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

Yes, they are. Just don't drill all the way through them. Just enough to get a thread or 2 in, and yank 'em. That way, 1....you don't gotta replace them. And 2, it'll be a lot easier incase you'd wanna clean them again in the future.
                        98' Mustang 3V Swap
                        11' VW CC R36

Comment

Originally posted by Gotz Cb7 View Post
                          Yes, they are. Just don't drill all the way through them. Just enough to get a thread or 2 in, and yank 'em. That way, 1....you don't gotta replace them. And 2, it'll be a lot easier incase you'd wanna clean them again in the future.
                          i tot so thxx man
                          ty all esp dude with the shint mani i jealous of u bastard

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

the fumes from paint stripper stuff gives me a rash lol
                            sorry to hear that, maybe where a mask and use the spray type.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

you can reuse the plugs, but i would get new ones. to reuse them, some people use high temp epoxy.

check it:
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&highlight=egr

later.
                              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Working...
                              X