Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

AC Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC Removal

Hey guys,
    I got plans for this thursday coming up. It a holiday...which means no school...which means more time to work on the CB
    I want to remove the entire AC system...
    I need you guys help on how to remove it all....any istructions with pictures...please help...!!!!!!!

just remove the...
    1.compressor thats on the bottom of the engine,
    2.condensor thats behind the bumper & radiator support,
    3.receiver dryer thats on the driver side fender
    4.all the alluminum line too

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by RIX Magazine View Post
      Hey guys,
      I got plans for this thursday coming up. It a holiday...which means no school...which means more time to work on the CB
      I want to remove the entire AC system...
      I need you guys help on how to remove it all....any istructions with pictures...please help...!!!!!!!
      You will need a new alternator belt for no A/c. Any parts store should be able to help with that. Unplug the wire going to the compressor. Four bolts hold compressor to bracket, socket size 12 mm. 10mm to remove lines from compressor. You may have to move the cruise control actuator. two bolts hold the bracket to the body. take the one closest to the firewall out. The one behind the headlight can just be loosened, because the bracket has a slot not a hole. This will make drier access easier. unscrew the lines and pull drier, brackets and all. Pull radiator. follow aluminum lines an take out bolts and looms holding them in place to the body, and pull the condensor. Not much to it. If the system isn't empty have it pumped down. you may have problems if sombody sees ya loosen the lines and let the freon go.
      My inferiority complex isn't as good as yours.

Comment

you will need to block the holes in the fire wall if you take all the stuff from under the dash. you can lose a lot of weight. you need to pull the dash to get everything though.

Comment

Hey guys....so i took out the evaporator and all the ac lines...
          I patched the holes in the evaporator holding....and put it back...
          All I have to take out is the compressor and the condensor....
          Problem!!!!
          I know what the compressor looks like put I dont know what the condensor looks like....
          Any help with pics on it....

Comment

Looks like a mini radiator. Its mashed between the actual radiator and bumper support.
            1993 Accord EX
            2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Is there any pic of it....cuz i dont want to take out the wrong thing....?

Comment

Not on the car but that's the part.

http://www.tasauto.com/Product/Brows...z=10&h=174&p=1
                1993 Accord EX
                2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Before i remove the compressor...I know i need a new belt....
                  Does anyone know the part number of the new belt size

Comment

K050375
                    Alt belt without AC. This is a Gates part number. If your local shop doesn't carry Gates, they should still be able to crossreference numbers to find you a matching one in the brand they carry.

Comment

Originally posted by YK86 View Post
                      K050375
                      Alt belt without AC. This is a Gates part number. If your local shop doesn't carry Gates, they should still be able to crossreference numbers to find you a matching one in the brand they carry.
                      get the gates belt ,they are a good brand

AC/Delco uses a very similar number sytem along with Dayco

are you gonna remove the dash to remove the rest of the AC system, remember the heat/vent/defrost use alot of the same components in the dash
                      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Kool....Ima pick up the belt on monday....but im keeping the whole heat system....just taking out the ac.

Comment

Removing the engine bay parts is pretty simple once you get into it. I must stress this, you DO NOT have to yank the dash to remove the evaporator, that is behind the glovebox, in the middle of the blower motor and the heat dist. ducting!

It's not required to pull the evap. but it's an extra thing to get rid of and your heat will be more forceful due to the evap. being gone. Just be sure to seal up the evap. box so it's a solid vent w/o and holes for the heat to escape.

You can also remove the a/c's wiring harness to along w/ the relays by the p/s reservoir. Give yourself plenty of time, 95% of this is self explanatory!

Comment

Originally posted by RIX Magazine View Post
                            Before i remove the compressor...I know i need a new belt....
                            Does anyone know the part number of the new belt size
                            not all DXs came with AC. you can use the belt for a DX with out AC

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                            X