Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

longer gears or shorter gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

longer gears or shorter gears

ok whats up maybe this has been answered but i have a question about trannys im sold on doing a h22a motor swap in my accord but i heard that the f22a tranny has longer gears and thats good for a turbo setup rite. At the same time i heard the h22a is not a good motor to turbo. Also the f22a tranny is not a good launching tranny but the longer gears will catch up with my opponent. On the other hand the h22a tranny has shorter gears and launches better. So me this is my first standard will the longer gears help me better than shorter gears. Also i will save a bundle just by keeping my f22a tranny. one more thing my tranny has 250,000 miles on it i know when it comes time for the swap i will have a clutch and a flywheel. so will it be idea to swap the tranny to r do tranny last forever and only the clutch componets go out thanks for any help.
    My Ride Thread
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=129235
    MY RACE FOOTAGE
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139424
    The Good ol days

I tried hard to understand what you typed, but from what I got, is that you're wondering what would be better; the f22 tranny or the h22 tranny? If you have the money to swap the h22 tranny is better for racing and from other people's experience it's a better tranny for a turboed set-up, especially if it's an lsd tranny. On the other hand, if you have the f22 tranny and don't have money to get an h22 tranny then you can use the f22 tranny. I believe it is better for fuel economy especially on the highway.
    Either way if you swap an h22 tranny you will probably want to replace the clutch anyway, just like you would want to with your f22 tranny that has 250 miles on it. So if you have the money and you are interested in racing an dmaybe turboing your car the h22 tranny is the way to go.

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

tranny

Originally posted by mozzandherb View Post
      I tried hard to understand what you typed, but from what I got, is that you're wondering what would be better; the f22 tranny or the h22 tranny? If you have the money to swap the h22 tranny is better for racing and from other people's experience it's a better tranny for a turboed set-up, especially if it's an lsd tranny. On the other hand, if you have the f22 tranny and don't have money to get an h22 tranny then you can use the f22 tranny. I believe it is better for fuel economy especially on the highway.
      Either way if you swap an h22 tranny you will probably want to replace the clutch anyway, just like you would want to with your f22 tranny that has 250 miles on it. So if you have the money and you are interested in racing an dmaybe turboing your car the h22 tranny is the way to go.
      If i were u i would get the m2s4 tranny its sweet and shorter gears than the h22 tranny trust me that h23 tranny kills when i race h22s with the h22 tranny i stay at 6700 everytime i shift car pulls so hard but for fuel i would use the f22a tranny but remeber u will bounce out of vtec going into second gear cause of long gear after that u are good to go
      NO matter how many times we downshift vtec is on our side.

Comment

Just so you now, tranny dont last forever. My died 2 days ago with 223K on it. F22 tranny.

I plan on the h22 engine, f22 tranny set up. Maby not quite as quick, but less engine were, and better MPG sounds good to me.

Comment

yeah im thinking about dumping the tranny way to many miles on it. so im still liking the idea of the f22 tranny its a guy down here with the same setup and he said it does what it needs to do. so where can i find a f22 tranny i only see motor but no trannys
          My Ride Thread
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=129235
          MY RACE FOOTAGE
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139424
          The Good ol days

Comment

Go to a near-by shop that does swaps. People often give away D series and F series stuff for CHEAP.

Comment

Regarding a turbo'd motor, if traction issues are present, longer gears will help, otherwise, shorter gearing will help alot either n/a or f/i.

Comment

depends on what you use the car for

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq
                Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Im im the mittle of putting in an h23 tranny onto my f22.

So let me get this straight, The h23 has shorter gears than the h22? Did i read that right?

I thought it was f22 longest, h23 middle, and h22 shortest.

Comment

Originally posted by AllWhiteCoupe View Post
                    I thought it was f22 longest, h23 middle, and h22 shortest.
                    That would be correct.
                    3 CB's gone....
                    1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

OK, i got a little worried for a second!

Id like the shorter gears of an h22 tranny, but i dont think my f22 would like it that much considering i put about 125 highway miles on my car every week.

Comment

Working...
                      X