Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h23 intake mani questions??? which prelude?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h23 intake mani questions??? which prelude?

ok so i wanna do the h23 IM/plenum swap. will the intake manifold from a 92 Honda Prelude SI 2.3L do the trick?

or what model prelude and year do i need to grab an intake manifold from?

also, will the black box from this IM work or do i need the black box from an a6 IM?

my pt6 is here and im trying to get the rest of the parts. the h23 swap doesnt look much harder then the a6 so id rather spend a little more for better performance. thx guys.
    91 ex sedan
    And now, new for 2012, a 93 ex wagon!

Paypal verified
    Bought from: frootloops, 90accords, Agol
    sold to: Agol

H23 upper plenum and throttle body, a6 runners. (IIRC - the a6 runners are a little longer, giving you a torque bump) Any H23 will work as a donor. I don't know about the black box.

Comment

i see, i thought the h23 runners were longer and would bolt up as well. i also dont know which preludes have a h23.
      91 ex sedan

Paypal verified

Comment

I could be thinking incorrectly, but there's a reason to use the a6 runners. As far as which ludes have the h23, pop the hood and check the block.

Comment

Originally posted by sdhardcoregamer View Post
          i see, i thought the h23 runners were longer and would bolt up as well. i also dont know which preludes have a h23.
          i don't think the 92 prelude has a H23..i believe the 95+ prelude does, look at a local junk yard or here at cb7tuner or Ebay get your self a deal....this swap is got potential....I was doing this swap like gotz cb7 did but stopped in the middle of the progress....but now i was to accomplish what visualpoet did....I/H/E and the P12 ECU with an amazing 10hp!....easy not alot but fun....but with the female and daughter i got limits...lol....but so far i heard this swap was weel worth it!...anymore question should be asked to visualpoet or any one with skills/experience....good luck...

Originally posted by deevergote
          .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

ok. sorry for sounding dumb but im new to working on cars in general. never worked on them really. do i look for a sticker on the block?
            91 ex sedan

Paypal verified

Comment

go here bro.....this might help...http://www.92lude.com/prelude_engine_specs.htm

.......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

ok. sorry for sounding dumb but im new to working on cars in general. never worked on them really. do i look for a sticker on the block?
                nah bro look at the block and it has the engine modle engraved to in for ex:..F22A1....its below the big radiator hose to the block that contains antifreeze...

correct me if i'm wrong?

Comment

thx. so ya looks like 92-96 prelude si. im looking everywhere and calling places too. just wanna make sure i ask for teh correct one. i dont wanna run into fitment issues later when im working on the car. the most i can have my car down for is a weekend. >.>
                  91 ex sedan

Paypal verified

Comment

Originally posted by turboAccordHSF View Post
                    nah bro look at the block and it has the engine modle engraved to in for ex:..F22A1....its below the big radiator hose to the block that contains antifreeze...

correct me if i'm wrong?
                    sweet thx. like i said im new to cars. didnt have money to get one when i was young.
                    91 ex sedan

Paypal verified

Comment

Just make sure it's an SI Non-VTEC, b/c the H22 equipped BB's (93-96, not in 92 I believe) are SI VTEC, so do over-clarify that! If you do not have the F22a6 IM, then grab the whole H23 IM, if you do, you could do the full H23 or the a6/H hybrid. Also the H22 plenum and t/b is the same as H23, for those are doing the a6/H hybrid setup.

Comment

The only 2.3L engine in a Prelude is the H23. The 4th generation Prelude Si (the third generation has flip-up headlights... easy to tell the difference) is the only car that has the H23.

Comment

All my h23 parts came from 92 Lude's. Not sure where your located, but if your near the DC area, my local J/Y has 3 h23 ludes, plus a couple h23 engines already puled. I paid somewhere around $50-75 for the I/M.

Comment

nice, im in san diego, looks like ill be heading to chula vista and otay :P
                            91 ex sedan

Paypal verified

Comment

one other question reguarding the swap. i have a automatic, do i need to get automatic specific parts are will everything be the same? are the throttle bodies different in auto vs manual?
                              91 ex sedan

Paypal verified

Comment

Working...
                              X