Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

coolant type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coolant type?

Do i really have to use HONDA coolant, or is autozone brand good enough?

Guy at autozone recommended Prestone / 50/50 Extended Life Antifreeze and Coolant http://www.autozone.com/R,2045131/st...ductDetail.htm

He said it was made for "ALL CARS" and his computer said it was recommended for my 1990 accord
    90 accord EX automatic F22A4 232,500
    DIY ram intake
    0gauge/4gauge BIG 3
    stock alt rewound to 120amps
    optima orange top 830cca 1030ca
    fully synthetic valvoline "Max Life" 5w30

Other rides:
    2004 Jeep Liberty v6
    2001 Honda civic ex coupe 1.7 vtec

Just get the cheapest stuff you can get and mix it your self, unless you like paying for water.
    wat?

Comment

I dont like the 50/50 stuff thats just me. I usually just buy the pure green coolant and mix it with water. Thats all I do. It works just as well.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
        Just get the cheapest stuff you can get and mix it your self, unless you like paying for water.
        Yea you have to pay for water. Only mix with Distilled water if your going to mix your own.
        Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

Honda fluids are always best... but for our old cars, it's not all that important. The only fluid that should ALWAYS be Honda is automatic transmission fluid. Everything else... just get what the car requires.

And I agree with the guys above... mixing your own makes more sense.

Granted, my coolant is like 8 years old...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
            The only fluid that should ALWAYS be Honda is automatic transmission fluid. Everything else... just get what the car requires.
            That and Powesteering fluid for honda.

They have 3rd party honda fluid at autozone, no joke.
            wat?

Comment

19TcappaLX

i was told i could use just the coolant by itself,no water added.been doing that for a while and no problems.

Comment

I started using the Honda 50/50 coolant. Lasts so long that the cost isn't an issue. Then again, Dex-Cool should work fine, and is the same price for a gallon but concentrated. And then again again, I've seen some ooolld cars running the regular old school green stuff, too.
                I think the most important thing is that you're actually changing it.
                And if you mix your own, gallon jugs of distilled water are cheap at many stores (Target is 89 cents). When you're done, just drink what's left (of the water of course) .
                Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Water transfers heat better than straight antifreeze/coolant. You should have a proper mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Otto View Post
                    I started using the Honda 50/50 coolant. Lasts so long that the cost isn't an issue. Then again, Dex-Cool should work fine, and is the same price for a gallon but concentrated. And then again again, I've seen some ooolld cars running the regular old school green stuff, too.
                    I think the most important thing is that you're actually changing it.
                    And if you mix your own, gallon jugs of distilled water are cheap at many stores (Target is 89 cents). When you're done, just drink what's left (of the water of course) .
                    Yeah, you make a good point. You should ALWAYS use distilled water, not tap water, mineral water, soda water, broken water, etc...

Distilled water won't leave deposits in your system as the others would.

Comment

you should also get the pure coolant b/c then you get TWO bottles out of it rather than just one by going the 50/50 route.

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

i have several jugs of Honda coolant because my mom refuses to drive anything but Honda. I also have a few bottles of Honda power steering fluid and a couple of Honda oil filters sitting around.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                          Yeah, you make a good point. You should ALWAYS use distilled water, not tap water, mineral water, soda water, broken water, etc...

Distilled water won't leave deposits in your system as the others would.
                          Thanks
                          Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                            i have several jugs of Honda coolant because my mom refuses to drive anything but Honda. I also have a few bottles of Honda power steering fluid and a couple of Honda oil filters sitting around.

how much is honda coolant?
                            90 accord EX automatic F22A4 232,500
                            DIY ram intake
                            0gauge/4gauge BIG 3
                            stock alt rewound to 120amps
                            optima orange top 830cca 1030ca
                            fully synthetic valvoline "Max Life" 5w30

Other rides:
                            2004 Jeep Liberty v6
                            2001 Honda civic ex coupe 1.7 vtec

Comment

^It's been awhile since I bought Honda Type II blue, somewhere around $12/gallon? And that's 50/50 already. I've run Honda blue in my CB ever since I did my Koyo radiator 3.5 yrs ago, I wouldn't go w/ anything else.

Comment

Working...
                              X