Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I can not get this Tranny filler bolt off!! suggestions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can not get this Tranny filler bolt off!! suggestions please

I put a 17mm wrench and socket on that thing with all of my weight and it's not moving AT ALL. Im open to suggestions......(that work)

wd40? get a bigger wrench (breaker-bar style)
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Bring out the long metal pipe, attach to the wrench, and start turning.
      1993 Accord EX
      2011 Subaru STi

Comment

take the breather cap off and fill the tranny with 2 quarts if u cant take the bolt out
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
          take the breather cap off and fill the tranny with 2 quarts if u cant take the bolt out

I like that idea do you have a picture of the breather cap location?

Comment

Im sure you did but...

Always take the filler off first... You dont want to drain somthing and have no way to fill it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
              Im sure you did but...

Always take the filler off first... You dont want to drain somthing and have no way to fill it.

At first I was going to lie and say "No way would I drain the tranny before making sure I could get the filler bolt off", but truth is I was too cocky goint into the 'simple' job and now my car is on a jack in the drive way waiting for a miracle to get her back on the road. The silver lining is that now I will go ahead and get the Honda MTF instead of the 10w-30 oil I bought yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                Im sure you did but...

yup smooth move slick.... do what the other dude said about using a large pipe. or put your weak hand on the wrench and pound it with your good hand hammerfist style that usally works for me and i work on cars all day long.

Comment

i'd rather use a pipe on the wrench for more leverage. i actually had to do that to a socket wrench last tuesday when i couldn't muster enough power to undo the oil filter plug to replace the oil cooler oring.

Comment

heat of some sort( torch , butane torch), then let it cool for a few minutes it will be out in no time
                    96 Accord SiR driveline installed. CF2 donar

Comment

Penetrating oil. Let it sit for a day soaking. Then hit it again with more, try as hard as you can, all else fails get a breaker bar.

Comment

pb blaster. I bent my wrench doing it myself once lol.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

tap the wrench with a hammer, easy, that will break it loose, no problem

Comment

thanks for all the adivise guys. I bought some PB Blaster today (highly recommended by the Auto Zone guy) and I have a butane torch at home so between the two I should be back in business soon.

must admit I am a little nervous to use the torch though....

Comment

take off the speed sensor and fill it from there.

make sure your turning it loose the correct way, lefty loosey righty tighty

Comment

Working...
                              X