Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

leaking gas tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leaking gas tank

I found out that my gas tank is leaking around the seam i doubt i can patch it with something so i need to replace it. As far as getting the gas tank i thought it would be better to buy new but my brother suggested to get from the junk yard, I dont know to which to buy. Also to put the new gas tank in i dont know if i should do it or to get a mechanic, i have a haynes manual i read the instructions it doesnt seem to hard to replace. Any suggetions?

Def. do yourself a favor and get a new tank, a junkyard tank where you are prob. won't be any better unless it's a fairly new one. I would also coat the tank w/ spray on bedliner. I say go for it myself if you're up for it! I'm picking up a BNIB tank tomorrow (craigslist), will coat it and install it in the early spring.

Comment

Its fairly straight forward. A jack is nice to have when putting it up and down. use the drain plug to get all the gas out before you bring it down. Clean the area around the drain plug so you dont get shit in the gas.
      Spray with undercoating/bed-liner. Unbolt the 2 straps, remove them from the car entirely. the heatshield for the exhaust being removed allows for some extra room to work with.
      remove connects for fuel pump (after removing all the shit from the top of the pump, dont get any on the sock either. I recommend getting a new fuel pump sock if you can.

GL.
      90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
      2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Originally posted by Diesbourg View Post
        I found out that my gas tank is leaking around the seam i doubt i can patch it with something so i need to replace it. As far as getting the gas tank i thought it would be better to buy new but my brother suggested to get from the junk yard, I dont know to which to buy. Also to put the new gas tank in i dont know if i should do it or to get a mechanic, i have a haynes manual i read the instructions it doesnt seem to hard to replace. Any suggetions?
        I don't think its safe bro...

Originally posted by deevergote
        .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

they make a sealer to put in a empty tank that will seal it up. we put it in all the harley's we do.
          "Self Renewed"

Comment

I would do it yourself.

Comment

Working...
            X