Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

mild setup, cam, ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mild setup, cam, ecu

So, when you post a thread about power, you're told 3 things.
    1. Turbo 2. Build the f22 3. Swap an h22.

I've put about a year of thought into all of this, and noticed kids with 140-150-160whp with ease on the f22's.

As for the mild setup:
    -short-ram intake
    -header
    -2.25" exhaust, universal cat, straight back to muffler
    -in the process of throwin' a h23 intake manifold in (entire thing)

Now, my next step is to go sorta big, which is the camshaft regrind. I've been checkin' out bisimoto's site and it's the same price for a level 1, and leve 2. I have an automatic, and don't plan on swapping to a 5 speed anytime soon. If I was to ever do a tranny upgrade, it'd be to a h23 or some sort of tranny with shorter gears.

With the regrind, I'd like to go to a level 2, since they're the same price..so why the hell not? Thing is, it says spring upgrades are recommended. Level 1 doesn't really recommend a spring upgrade, but does recommend a cam gear (for all levels), which I'll get that also. Other thing is it bein' an automatic, people recommend the delta 260 for autos, and 272 for manuals. Would that be the same as bisimoto level 1 for the auto, and level 2 for the manual?

Last thing, is an ecu. I read about quite a few ecu's for anytype of upgrade. Turbos, big internals, all-motor projects, etc. To get the most out of this cam, I'd need a ecu to get tuned. Questions are 1. what ecu should be used? 2. gettin' the ecu tuned. I know there's members that do it, but can I just tell them my exact setup, and have the ecu tuned, or do I have to go through dynos and stuff?

I've been doin' research on all this stuff for the past week (which is why I'm shooting for this, because of a members numbers he got from i/h/e, cam, and tuned ecu which was what...141whp?) I have a f22a6, which are rated at 118whp, and this dude got 141whp out of his a6? That definitely got me motivated to attempt a build on the f22.

If you need me to explain more, I will. I try to be as detailed as possible.
    Last edited by Gotz Cb7; 01-23-2009, 03:55 PM.
    98' Mustang 3V Swap
    11' VW CC R36

boy where YOU been?...lol....

dang bro seems like you did some schooling too....lol..

check my ride out

Originally posted by deevergote
    .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

Ya you can't have an aggressive cam and an auto. They don't agree with eachother. Imo, a reground cam isn't that big of a mod. Been there, had a 272. Not the most amazing mod ever. If you want performance go 5 speed. Some people may disagree but I'm just sayin it now.

Comment

Well, I've read a few threads where people see a way bigger difference out of the bisimoto cam, than delta. jdm92_accorn is who I got the motivation from.

e-bay i/h/c, h23 intake mani, cam gear, adj. FPR, bisimoto stg2 cam and a chipped p06 tuned by talor at national speed and the balance shaft belt removed. all my mods only cost me about $800. cheaper than a good h22 swap. im about to put a better exhaust and get bisi to cnc port the head with some valvetrain upgrades.
        155whp and 144wtq. That's insane.
        98' Mustang 3V Swap
        11' VW CC R36

Comment

Was that on an auto?

Comment

nah, 5 speed. It's odd though, cause his gears are the same as mine? 1st to 35, 2nd to 65, and 3rd to 98-100. I know my numbers will be lower since it's an auto, which I don't really mind. If I ever had the 5 speed in mind, I'd just sell mine and get a 5 speed accord, but I'd done too much work to this car to get rid of it and start all over again on another accord.
            98' Mustang 3V Swap
            11' VW CC R36

Comment

It wouldn't be too much work to do an auto to manual conversion. You loose alot of wheel hp due to automatic transmissions. You'll almost always see higher numbers coming from manual trans cb7's compared to autos.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                Ya you can't have an aggressive cam and an auto. They don't agree with eachother. Imo, a reground cam isn't that big of a mod. Been there, had a 272. Not the most amazing mod ever. If you want performance go 5 speed. Some people may disagree but I'm just sayin it now.
                That's because you were using a stock ass ecu. A tuned ecu is a completely different story.

If you want to keep the auto, upgrade to an MP1A(auto h22). It's the only thing really worth while. No matter how many mods you do to your auto, it will still be super slow with the LONG ass gears.

There's nothing wrong or bad about using a big cam with an auto. Like I said previously, it's all in the gearing.

prNonVtec4u has a built JDM F22B mated to an auto h22 tranny and his shit is fast. Probably faster than your run-of-the-mill full h22 swap. He revs his up to 8k without any problems. He also does full transmission flushes every few months.

As far as tuning goes, an ecu is not tuned unless a tuner sat in your seat and tuned it. If you send your ecu out, or buy a presocketed ecu with a chip its ONLY a BASEmap, not an actual tune. No one can guarantee your car will be as fast as it can, or even run to be completely honest. You need to visit a tuner and street tune or dyno tune.

cliffs:
                -upgrade to an auto h22
                -nothing wrong with big cams on autos
                -get your shit tuned(pay someone to take your car and actually tune it, not just send you an ecu)

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Yea, I'm in PA. Shouldn't have too much difficulty findin' someone to tune it. An h22 tranny would be fine, but I do a lot of highway traveling and the whole 70mph at 3600-3700rpms, is pretty wild, and also with the shitty ass gas mileage I get runnin' 3k at 70mph, I'm sure 3.6k wouldn't do any better. I'm gettin' a h23 intake manifold tomorrow (was gonna get an h22 from a tuner, but there's another offer and I wanna use the entire h23 IM), and I'ma try to do all the cleaning I can to it, including the egr ports and stuff. Maybe that'll bump my gas mileage up a little, not quite sure. That's why I was talkin' about the h23 tranny, which are about 3.3k at 70mph which isn't too bad.

With the "no problem with autos and big cams", I'd shoot for the level 2, but how hard is it to replace springs?
                  98' Mustang 3V Swap
                  11' VW CC R36

Comment

It's not THAT bad, you get used to it. Gas mileage will all depend on how it's tuned.

prnonvtec4u gets pretty damn good gas mileage and he has 11:1 compression. I tuned him.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Doing valve springs on an f22 is pie. The dohc motors are harder because the springs are so deep in the head.

Comment

A proper camshaft is 1 of the most important things you could ever do, I myself would get Bisi's stage 2, g/l w/ your decision. Shorter gearing is def. a must too to get the full effect.

Comment

Isn't the stage 2 and the level 2 the same? I'm definitely going with bisimotos, but just clearin' everything up. Gotta fix this damn front end issue before anything.
                          98' Mustang 3V Swap
                          11' VW CC R36

Comment

hey i know this is some ones elses thred but i am think8ng abourt getting a cami have a f22a4 5 sppedn in take msd swap and 2.5 catback 11.lb flywheel and stage 2 clutch what cam with worth the money i want the best bang for the buck thanx

Comment

Originally posted by accord 518 View Post
                              hey i know this is some ones elses thred but i am think8ng abourt getting a cami have a f22a4 5 sppedn in take msd swap and 2.5 catback 11.lb flywheel and stage 2 clutch what cam with worth the money i want the best bang for the buck thanx

If you want to use a stock ecu get a pt6 and a delta 260 cam. Throw in a h23 intake mani and you have 0-60 in 7 seconds, if you have a heathy motor like me.

Comment

Working...
                              X