Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ecu ?????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecu ?????????????

Can you use a auto ecu in a manual car? Can certain ECU be converted if not.
    Leaving the game!

Yes.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

The ECU does not control the transmission. There is a separate TCU for that.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
      Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
      My member's ride

Comment

Originally posted by AbsurdNY View Post
        The ECU does not control the transmission. There is a separate TCU for that.

Cool I knew about the TCU, I was not sure about about the ECU. Cool thanks for the fast reply. What should the average price be at the JUNK YARD!
        Leaving the game!

Comment

P12's at the JY are $75 around here. Not sure if it's the same price for all ECUs.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I also have another question,
            These are the ecu I picked up today, what do all the numbers mean, I know what the ones in the middle are but not the others
            37820-pt6-a52 out of a SE accord
            37820-p06-a52 out of a civic x2
            which one would be the best for chipping, I am planing on running megan header, SRI, Catback custom exhaust, H23 IM, A6 cam. later I am planing on getting a bisi cam. Not sure if I want a stage 1 or Stage 2
            Last edited by nappyd420; 02-17-2009, 07:46 PM.
            Leaving the game!

Comment

Originally posted by nappyd420 View Post
              37820-pt6-a52 out of a SE accord
              37820-p06-a52 out of a civic x2

37820-pt6-a52
              Honda's part number for ECU (37820)
              Three characters (which are loosely related to the model of car/engine) (pt6)
              Three characters (which are the revision of the ECU) (a52)

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Both ECU's are auto, for chipping/tuning, go w/ the P06, only Jet knows how to chip the Accord/Prelude ECU's as far as I know. BUT, w/ those mods, esp. the A6 cam, PT6 would be fine. W/ Bisi's cam, that'll get you into tuning, so that's when you'd need a P06 or similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                  Both ECU's are auto, for chipping/tuning, go w/ the P06, only Jet knows how to chip the Accord/Prelude ECU's as far as I know. BUT, w/ those mods, esp. the A6 cam, PT6 would be fine. W/ Bisi's cam, that'll get you into tuning, so that's when you'd need a P06 or similar.

so what AbsurdNY said is true or not true, I have a 5 speed!!! so that should not make a difference then
                  Leaving the game!

Comment

Well, he's right, you could run that auto PT6 in your manual CB no problem. W/ Civics and Tegs, auto ecus need to be converted to manual to run, now I believe that auto P06 would have to be converted (for your car aswell), no big deal when it's being chipped and socketed already. Anyways, you would never want to run a stock P06 in your CB anyways

Comment

Well, he's right, you could run that auto PT6 in your manual CB no problem. W/ Civics and Tegs, auto ecus need to be converted to manual to run, now I believe that auto P06 would have to be converted (for your car aswell), no big deal when it's being chipped and socketed already. Anyways, you would never want to run a stock P06 in your CB anyways
                      so the p12 is the that I want then right. I thought that ECU does not control the butterflies in the H23
                      Leaving the game!

Comment

Yes, if IAB control doesn't matter to you, a P12 is fine. I did feel a small gain w/ the P12 on my A6 w/ IABS hooked to vac. PT6 is still fine for an H23 IM. BUT, if you know you will eventually get yourself into tuning, the P12 would be a waste since it would be temporary.

Comment

Yes, if IAB control doesn't matter to you, a P12 is fine. I did feel a small gain w/ the P12 on my A6 w/ IABS hooked to vac. PT6 is still fine for an H23 IM. BUT, if you know you will eventually get yourself into tuning, the P12 would be a waste since it would be temporary.

ok since I have two p06's I should keep one of them so when I get ready to tune I have it. As for the pt6 would it do anything for a A1
                          Leaving the game!

Comment

Yup, that's fine. A stock A1, a PT6 would prob. richen up the fuel mixture, help alittle w/ perf. but you may see a drop in mpg's. But w/ the mods you listed above minus a Bisi cam, a PT6 would be great esp. w/ the H23 IM.

Comment

both pt6 and the p06 are plug & play
                              Leaving the game!

Comment

Working...
                              X