Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Question concerning a closed thread (Please read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question concerning a closed thread (Please read)

I've been reading for a while about the difference between all the F22 engines... and I logged on here because you guys have more knowledge about the F series than my Prelude Sites... any ways here's the question, On this thread
    (http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154)

It says

"F22A4 header - $15 (90-91 Accord EX)
    F22A6 camshaft - $25 (92-93 Accord EX)
    F22A6 ECU - $25
    H23A1 intake manifold and throttle body (from a Prelude SI, 92-96 I believe) - $45
    F22A6 IAB "black box" (to be able to activate the secondary runners, the intake air bypass, in the H23 manifold) - no price listed... probably $10 or so."

I have a parts car with a H23a1, so would it have the IAB that the list says I would need from the F22a6?

Thanks,
    Marshall

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but shouldn't you swap the H23 into your car instead of messing with the other parts?

It should fit as readily as a H22 would, and the H23a1 is a more powerful engine to start with compared to any F22.

Comment

The H23 is blown... I bought the car from a ricer who raced it all the time, it blew the timing belt at like 6000 rpms... and he just kept it floored untill it stopped moving... so ya, thats why I didn't swap it in

Comment

The H23 parts should work, yes. The system is the same on both manifolds, so the parts should either be identical, or close enough that you can make them work.

One way to see is to go to www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and check the part numbers. If they're the same, the parts are the same.

Comment

Thanks, where would the "black box" be

Comment

The black box for the IAB's is bolted to the underside of the runners. If you were to do an oil change, you'd be looking up it at.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
              The black box for the IAB's is bolted to the underside of the runners. If you were to do an oil change, you'd be looking up it at.
              Oh ok thanks... I've decided to go one step further and do a F22/H23 build over the summer, I've heard they make pretty decent power

Comment

Originally posted by F22aLude View Post
                Oh ok thanks... I've decided to go one step further and do a F22/H23 build over the summer, I've heard they make pretty decent power

Comment

You would probably get more power from swapping over the entire H23 intake manifold (Throttle body, Plenum,IAB's, runners), getting a mild re-grind on the cam and a p06 ECU, get it chipped and tuned.

Personally if you want a DOHC, I would just swap one in. Too many other issues/headaches to worry about if something would go wrong.
                  3 CB's gone....
                  1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX View Post
                    You would probably get more power from swapping over the entire H23 intake manifold (Throttle body, Plenum,IAB's, runners), getting a mild re-grind on the cam and a p06 ECU, get it chipped and tuned.

Personally if you want a DOHC, I would just swap one in. Too many other issues/headaches to worry about if something would go wrong.

Ok, where can you get a regrind that isn't un worldly expensive?

also would I need to run the H23 ecu to use the intake? or is that what the black box is for?

sorry for my ignorance

Comment

Not sure if bumps are aloud, but I need some help quick lol.. I hate being confused

Comment

Ok, where can you get a regrind that isn't un worldly expensive?

also would I need to run the H23 ecu to use the intake? or is that what the black box is for?

sorry for my ignorance
                        Delta is pretty cheap. 260 regrind cost me $180 (I have a DOHC). The black box controls the IAB's (Butterflies).

As for the ECU, it would be best to run a chipped one. It will allow you to get the most out of your set-up once you have it tuned.

d112crzy is a really good person to contact for chipping/tuning services.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=140

I got my chipped p06 from him. He also tuned me as well.
                        3 CB's gone....
                        1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Thanks... I'm thinking about a chipped ecu, but right now money is very tight, so untill I could get the money would the h23 ecu work?

Comment

The PT6 would probably work better... the F22A6 ECU.

With a cam, you'll probably only run rich with any stock ECU, though. You'll see much more of the cam's potential with a proper tune (which means the tuner has to actually tune YOUR car... engines vary, and years of wear make them very unique... so a tune from one won't be ideal for another. I just said more in this parenthetical statement than I did in the actual body of this post. Weird.)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                              The PT6 would probably work better... the F22A6 ECU.

With a cam, you'll probably only run rich with any stock ECU, though. You'll see much more of the cam's potential with a proper tune (which means the tuner has to actually tune YOUR car... engines vary, and years of wear make them very unique... so a tune from one won't be ideal for another. I just said more in this parenthetical statement than I did in the actual body of this post. Weird.)
                              Alright, thats what I'm looking for then... thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X