Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

unexpected egr port cleaning problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unexpected egr port cleaning problem

So today I'm at school and brought my intake manifold to clean out my egr ports, so I'm drilling and got all of the cleaned up then I look into the runners and relized that I drilled through the ports and into the runners, the holes are not that big but will this cause any problems?
    Stuff 4 sale 2nd gen dsm turbo manifold, ebay type s blowoff valve, 93 ex pt6 ecu, f22a6 camshaft, f22a6 intake manifold, obd1 p13 ecu

Na.
    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Nope.

Comment

... it might even prevent it from clogging up so fast since the hole is larger.

Comment

Sweet
          Originally posted by frootloops View Post
          ... it might even prevent it from clogging up so fast since the hole is larger.
          Stuff 4 sale 2nd gen dsm turbo manifold, ebay type s blowoff valve, 93 ex pt6 ecu, f22a6 camshaft, f22a6 intake manifold, obd1 p13 ecu

Comment

i m thinking to clean my egr ports later on, i know its better to take out the im to clean the ports, if i remove the im do i still have to drill out the ports? if i dont remove the im to clean the ports, where does all the dirty stuffs and cab cleaner goes when u spary down to the ports? will that clog up the engine?

how hard is it to remove the im? any1 have wirte up for that? i found write for clean the ports but not remove im.
            Last edited by Sleeper00; 06-05-2009, 02:10 PM.

Comment

To the OP, those holes being oversized is a good thing like what was stated already!

^If you remove the IM, you'll still have to drill the service plugs, but you will do a much better job, not get shavings in the motor, and be able to do a full IM cleanout. IM removal is not the hardest thing, but it's involved. Maybe look through a Haynes manual or start looking @ the engine and what's around it.

Comment

how to do a full im cleanout, like egr ports and what elses that needs to be clean while the im is out? thankx

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper00 View Post
                  how to do a full im cleanout, like egr ports and what elses that needs to be clean while the im is out? thankx
                  Well first you need to remove the intake manifold from the vehicle. You can do it on the vehicle but I'd say 98% of the people here would tell you otherwise (myself included). By doing it on the car you run the risk of getting stuff in your IM that you don't want, that and it's a real pain trying to do a complete cleaning when it's on the vehicle.

Once you have the intake manifold off you are going to have to drill or knock out the EGR port plugs. There should be seven ports, six on top and one on the side (opposite of the EGR valve).

After you have all of the plugs removed (as well as the EGR valve), start the cleaning process.

And a lot of members (myself included) have been installing removable EGR plugs so we can easily clean it out whenever we want. Something you might want to think about as well.

Comment

what u mean removable egr plugs? u can remove it later one instead of drill them out?? is it this?

Comment

Yes those are the regular EGR port plugs that are pressed in place. Those you have to either drill out or use a slide hammer to pull/knock them out, a real pain.

Here shows the ports tapped for the removable plugs.

And here are the plugs on my intake, I used larger ones for mine:

Comment

Originally posted by frootloops View Post
                        Yes those are the regular EGR port plugs that are pressed in place. Those you have to either drill out or use a slide hammer to pull/knock them out, a real pain.

Here shows the ports tapped for the removable plugs.

And here are the plugs on my intake, I used larger ones for mine:
                        Wow... that thing is clean.

Comment

where i can buy those plugs and how does it put on?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper00 View Post
                            where i can buy those plugs and how does it put on?
                            There are a lot of different types of plugs you can get that will work.

As for places to get them, I know there are some sellers on eBay. Just do a search for pipe plugs. You can also go to your local hardware store and find them. I got mine from Fastenal.

Installing them requires a bit of work because you need to tap the EGR port holes with a correct sized tap.

Here is the entire thread about this subject.

Comment

Working...
                            X