Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cold Air Intake and Catback exhaust question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold Air Intake and Catback exhaust question.

I know it varies on the exhaust and intake, but how much do you think a cold air intake and Catback exhaust will boost a f22a1 engine. Will I get to around 150hp ish and will it also boost my torque at all?

Originally posted by Anniversary-Ed. View Post
    I know it varies on the exhaust and intake, but how much do you think a cold air intake and Catback exhaust will boost a f22a1 engine. Will I get to around 150hp ish and will it also boost my torque at all?
    Well the F22A1 is rated at 125hp NEW. A decent catback and cold air, plus the age of the engine might put you around 135 on a good day. That's crank horsepower though, not to the wheels.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i think its hard to say, my engine was rebuilt, but when i added the CAI and hyrbid mani i could def tell a diff. im about to hook up an exhaust system, and with the stock restrictive exhaust the a1 utilizes, im going to assume you will feel it too. as far as dyno numbers, might not be as much as they say in the magazines. i dont believe a CAI increases up to 20hp on our engine. a catback up to 25hp or so? probly not, but the engine will breathe better and thats the best start you can do to gain a few more ponies
      I LOVE My CB7

Comment

if your looking for the biggest dyno increase you can get get a header and a test pipe to. 150 is a lil high but you cant swap some parts off of the engines for a increase to.

Comment

Originally posted by dapump2003
          CAI and exhaust = waste of money
          are you kidding
          UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
          NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex View Post
            are you kidding
            i hope he is.
            Okay so i/h/e setup wont sky rocket your ponies but its a starting point plus your engine breathes better. After those a cam and a tune and your looking at a decent setup on a motor that lets face it wasnt made for the track. If your talking about FI over NA thats okay. Some people dont have the resources or the time or ability to maintain a set up like that. So its your car but those are needed upgrades to any modded car

Comment

Wow, newb. Well to the op read the stickys(and all other new people so you don't look stupid posting threads with questions that have already been answer a million times). Mainly this one http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154
              There's roughly 30hp for you. If that doesn't make you happy then the next stage is up to you.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
              "The Turtle"
              DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

you're flippen

thats the first thing you need when you start modifying and engine.

the CAI and the catback should give you better use of the HP and TQ you already have, plus they give you about 10 to 25 HP and Tq depending on your engines health. i prefer using a stainless steel air filter than the high flow cotton one. the stainless steel flows 2X than the cotton.

Catback systems will all work the same no matter what brand.......the only differences between other catback systems is sound. a Greddy catback will cost you around 300 bucks and a ebay one (N1 style for example) will be about 110 bucks, but will be giving the same purpose but different sounds.

the N1 will not sound that bad on your CB on a civic it would. the bigger the engine the better it sounds....the smaller like the B16 civic it will sound more ricey.

i also hope you got a manual tranny...
                and make sure you check your cat too, you will loose alot of power if its messed up.
                well thats all i can think of right now.
                good luck man
                Last edited by jmolina; 06-19-2009, 03:16 PM.

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by cb7emokid View Post
                  i hope he is.
                  Okay so i/h/e setup wont sky rocket your ponies but its a starting point plus your engine breathes better. After those a cam and a tune and your looking at a decent setup on a motor that lets face it wasnt made for the track. If your talking about FI over NA thats okay. Some people dont have the resources or the time or ability to maintain a set up like that. So its your car but those are needed upgrades to any modded car

well said

Comment

Originally posted by jmolina View Post
                    well said
                    Thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by cb7emokid View Post
                      Thanks man

Comment

ok so your next question will be what brand? Exhaust if you dont care for the sound you can pick up a ebay muffler and a exhaust shop can make you a system for probly around 110-140 i suggest getting a resonator in your system to. It will take the rasp out of it. If you dont want it to be overly load keep the stock cat but a high flow will give you better performance. Header. Ebay makes them the only problem i know of is the gaskets. If you dont mind gaskets you can get a header for under a 100. I really like the megans header they run in the 150 range wich is still cheaper then DC. My friend has a megan on his hatch civic and its great. The intake if your going full CIA get a by pass and if you get a ebay just replace the filter with a better one...then you are set hope this helps

Comment

that is why ya have slow cars... ya invest in the wrong equipment.. get woop on by a bunch of d16.... ya call me a newbie.. i laugh...

ask anybody that knows cars and they tell you that you are wasting your time and money.. just here to help and put my .02 in... not trying to flame the thread...
                          f22 has potenial but with the right mind... Example Bisimoto....
                          every motor has potenial its just the time and the effort you have...and money i dought many people have the money to make a bisi set up. The f is reliable but not impressive in the stock form thats all im sayin. Thats why most people feel like they have to swap motors its saves money and its better performance right away

Comment

that is why ya have slow cars... ya invest in the wrong equipment.. get woop on by a bunch of d16.... ya call me a newbie.. i laugh...

ask anybody that knows cars and they tell you that you are wasting your time and money.. just here to help and put my .02 in... not trying to flame the thread...
                            f22 has potenial but with the right mind... Example Bisimoto....
                            tell that to the other guys here.....

Comment

Originally posted by jmolina View Post
                              tell that to the other guys here.....
                              im surpised that deevs not here to brake this up with his Im the Great Deev and i say you all suck...lol...Hes pretty awesome...unlike the socal guys...lol..j/k

Comment

Working...
                              X