Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a1 cam vs f22a6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a1 cam vs f22a6

hi, i want to know what is the difference between the f22a1 camshaft and the f22a6 camshaft? when i go buy the f22a6 camshaft, how you sure is the f22a6 camshaft? thank

the a6 has slightly larger lobes.

Comment

The F22A6 camshaft will be from an F22A6. The cost will be about $20.

And Keith... how is he going to measure the lobes?

Comment

kk, i know a f22a6 camshaft came from a f22a6 engine, but when a buy a f22a6 cam, they have a part number on the cam or somthing to see if is a 'real' f22a6 camshaft. thank

Comment

There probably is some sort of stamping on the cam. I'm sure someone has one handy to check. I haven't had an F22A in my posession in a very very long time...

The most cost effective way to get a camshaft is to just go to a junkyard... there you can pull it yourself, and you'll KNOW what it comes from.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post

The most cost effective way to get a camshaft is to just go to a junkyard... there you can pull it yourself, and you'll KNOW what it comes from.
            kk, but every junkyard don't want to sale the cam only. i found the cam shaft from a guy near my house, but i just want to make sure is a 'real' f22a6.

Comment

Really? Man, the junkyards around here have nothing but camless motors... I saw a guy walking around with 6 cams once, all F22A cams.

Comment

I have the camshaft from my A6, it's marked "4B" on the dist. end, I am not sure if the A1/A4 cam would be marked the same or differently, maybe someone else can chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                  I have the camshaft from my A6, it's marked "4B" on the dist. end, I am not sure if the A1/A4 cam would be marked the same or differently, maybe someone else can chime in.
                  ok, thank you, i have a f22a4 spare engine, i'm gonna check the end of the cam to see if is the same.

Comment

N/P, yeah, see what it says. There is really not much info about the specs on the A1/A4 cam and the A6 cam.

Comment

you know I remember looking at my a6 cam...when I swap 'em I'll try to remember to look for the numbers that are on 'em and post up

I keep saying I'm going to swap my a6 parts...but WHEN DAMMIT WHEN!!!
                      ____

Comment

pt3 vs pt6 ecu, what is the difference

Comment

i heard upgrading the camshaft helps the CB merge into the highways better... The stock F sucks!

Be Clean

Comment

Wow...a post where that johnl guy didn't repond with a 800 essay about the history of the cam.

Info is nice but there is a limit...lol

Deever's gonna be sad that he won't have anyone to argue with for 6 posts...lol

( j/k deever & johnl....lol )
                            Last edited by Taurians' Ryde; 07-20-2009, 09:07 PM.

Comment

F22a1 has an R5 near the dizzy spline.
                              F22a6 has an R6.

I didn't notice much of a power difference with the PT6, I need to adjust ignition timing prolly. Balance belt delete was nice for the revs
                              Last edited by close2classic; 11-06-2009, 01:26 PM.
                              RoaR MRT

Comment

Working...
                              X