Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I dont know whats wrong with my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know whats wrong with my car

well i got a question for all yall honda owners....i got a 91 honda ex..and well all of a sudden when i was driving it just died... then i tryd to turn it on and it would turn but it never started...i changed the distributor cap, new ignition coil, rotor, new spark plugs...and it still wouldnt start...what do yall think it could possibly be???

Do know for a fact that it's getting gas?

Comment

i believe so??? cuz we even put throttle body cleaner to help it start and it still wouldn't start...

Comment

you just don't start replacing parts unless you know for fact that that's your problem?
        did you check your fuel?
        main relay?

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

well i think it was a good thing that i changed it cuz the ignition coil had a crack in it....and well when i changed that it started....can u tell me where exactly the distributor cables go in what order??? so i can check that...and well ive asked and they said it might be the timing belt......wheres the main rely????

Comment

Comment

The main relay is located under the dash on the driver's side. you have to remove the cruise control unit to get to the main relay. That just might be your problem. I would check/replace that first before I go on to other things.

Comment

this happened to me as well. my timing belt snapped.

Comment

What about the ignitor?I made a LOT of search around this site and this issue came out a few time when there is a no start situation.

Here is a diy for the main relay removal and repair:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=main+relay

here's another one:

http://techauto.awardspace.com/mainr...l#Troubleshoot

If the main relay isen't your problem,here is a trobleshooting page that helped me a lot:

http://techauto.awardspace.com/ignition.html

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by MR.PHIL View Post
                    you just don't start replacing parts unless you know for fact that that's your problem?
                    did you check your fuel?
                    main relay?
                    i agree with that
                    FROM L.A. TO KILL TOWN BABY

Comment

First check whether or not you have spark. If you have no spark then the ignitor isn't unlikely as a cause (they are known to fail commonly with higher mileage engines). Note that ignitors can be damaged by ignition leads that have higher than spec resistance, and all leads become more resistant with age. Get them checked by an auto-electrician.
                      Regards from Oz,
                      John.

Comment

Easy test to see if your timing belt snapped, take the distributor cap off, then either you or a friend crank the engine over while the other watches to see if the rotor on the distributor spins.

Comment

why dont you start by pulling codes

Comment

i dont think that it snapped cuz thr rotor turns...but could it be that the timing belt wore out??? could that be it or would it be more the main relay???

Comment

holy shit this is such a noob thread.

here we go:

1:dont replace ANYTHING yet...(oops too late. you already screwed that part up) proceed to step 2.

now, assuming you know how:

2:check for spark.

3:check for fuel.

do that ^^^ and report back.

dont guess.... find out for sure.
                              do it the proper way and you could save yourself a LOT of money.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Working...
                              X