Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F2D Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F2D Thoughts

Hey ppls. I'm considering a F2D for my EG Hatch. Right now I've got a D15B but I'm thinking about more displacement. My issue is that I like to REV and from the dyno charts I've seen, the F doesnt seem to rev higher than 6K.

I was thinking about getting a F22A6 with some high comp pistons, and an appropriate cam. I would prolly build some ITBs versus using a H23 manifold. But with high compression and a big cam, usually RPMs are needed.

The RS ratio isnt terribly fantastic but how high could I rev this engine before thigns go pop. I'm after tons of torque but aint nuttin like pulling 8K on the tach.

Let me know your opinions.

If you're replacing the internals and valve springs with parts capable of high revs, you can rev the F22A quite high. I believe I've been told by a few members that they've taken stock F22As to 7k with no problems (though I wouldn't). Chances are, the dyno sheets you've seen cut off at 6k because the majority of the powerband lies below that mark.

Comment

If you are going to use the D trans, I suggest building the trans as well if you plan on pushing 200 hp or more. A friend of mine has a boosted Civic EX sedan that just blew the trans, and he's putting down maybe 220hp.
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

How about H/F2B? If you're doing a pretty serious build, a 4.4 FD or shorter would help alot. LoDollar set my rev limiter to 7K on my bolt-on/cammed F22A, it sees 7K fairly often but not all day long by any means. I know Bisi's F w/ the 95 mm crank sees 10.5K I believe, yikes.

Comment

The D-series trans have bulky gears and are very resilient. The b-series trans has a plethora of aftermarket support. Whichever direction you decide on, Bisimoto designs kits for both swaps. Bisimoto was a pioneer in the F2D (H2D) swaps.
          Bisimoto Engineering
          1) Call 1-888-9BC-MOTO(888-922-6686 ext. 1) Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST
          2) Email me, robert@bisimoto.com
          3) Contact me on AIM, robert@bisimoto.com

Comment

Robert, do you know how high Bisi revs his engine? Not that it's really a good reference, seeing as it's a fully built race motor (built by a true expert...) but it still shows the extreme capabilities.

The D and B series transmissions are stronger than the F and H series... it's unfortunate that it's not all that reasonable to swap those into the CB chassis. But working with a Civic, you have that advantage!

Comment

Mfactory does a lot for D series.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.

I was planning on using the K20a3 pistons for the increased compression, but was still undecided about the rods. I'd like to make power to about 7800 - 8000. I'm all about the torque so if 180/180 is on the cards then thats definitely what I'm about.

Right now I've got a D15B and my wife is buying me a Mfactory gearset for Christmas so thats why I wanna stay with the D. Plus, the D is a decent enough box for the power levels this car will see and they are pretty cheap to begin with.

I wonder what Bisi would charge for a stroker for a rev happier motor. The ability to rev to 8500 or 9 with this displacement and a crazy cam would be a K killer for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Robert, do you know how high Bisi revs his engine? Not that it's really a good reference, seeing as it's a fully built race motor (built by a true expert...) but it still shows the extreme capabilities.

The D and B series transmissions are stronger than the F and H series... it's unfortunate that it's not all that reasonable to swap those into the CB chassis. But working with a Civic, you have that advantage!

Bisi's "Stitch" redlines at 10.2k on a F22A1.
                  Bisimoto Engineering
                  1) Call 1-888-9BC-MOTO(888-922-6686 ext. 1) Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST
                  2) Email me, robert@bisimoto.com
                  3) Contact me on AIM, robert@bisimoto.com

Comment

Originally posted by robert@bisimoto View Post
                    Bisi's "Stitch" redlines at 10.2k on a F22A1.
                    But is it a 2.2L?

Comment

I forget the actual displacement of the engine... I can find specs on everything else (at least from recent times, when it was carburetted), but I can't find that!

It started as an F22A1, and I don't see anything about a crank change, so I would assume that it's still 2.2L or larger.

Robert, is it still a 2.2L?

Comment

Working...
                      X