Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a6 head identification please help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a6 head identification please help...

so i found a head from what im told is an a6 im buying it just for the cam is there anyway i can tell by numbers or anything on it to prove im getting the right cam and head?

look for "PT6" stamped on it somewhere
    wat?

Comment

I know the valve springs are alot tougher on the A6
      Your man for wiring solutions!
      CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
      CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man View Post
        I know the valve springs are alot tougher on the A6
        you wouldnt never be able to tell with out testing the springs.. im pretty sure he means by looking at it..

93 cb7 ex coupe
        Granada Black Metallic

Comment

I can tell by pushing springs lol
          Go to a JY often and play around with things.
          Your man for wiring solutions!
          CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
          CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

so the heads do not have any numbers or anything on them?

Comment

Originally posted by Motoxpaul05 View Post
              so the heads do not have any numbers or anything on them?
              im pretty sure that question was anwsered right under you post..

93 cb7 ex coupe
              Granada Black Metallic

Comment

when i bought my new head i asked for a F22a6 head and every place i talked to said the are the exact same thing you would find on a f22a4 or a1 . so i thought i would call up the Honda dealership and talked to the parts guy he said they are the exact same thing. anyone here anything different?

Comment

I think someone should wip out there micrometer and measure the lobes. then everyone could stop guessing if they are different or not.

Comment

measure lobes with a micrometer as stated above. that sounds logical.
                    R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

i heard from alot of people that the a6 cam is bigger not by much but its bigger

Comment

My Chilton says that the camshaft specs on the F22a6 are in. 1.5252 and ex. 1.5343 and the a1,a4 are in. 1.5167,ex. 1.5266. So lobes are a bit diff. on the a6 but not much! But I think if you ask if the head is the same it prob. is but the cam is diff and maybe the springs too?

Comment

There was a thread about the markings on the dizzy end of the cams for A6 vs. A1/A4, I posted up the A6 marking, not sure if someone posted the A1/A4, but the end of my old A6 cam is marked "4B". See what that cam is marked and try to find out what A1/A4 would be aswell. All F22A heads should be PT3 castings, no such thing as a PT6 head, the castings are all the same minus the A6 valve springs and cam.

I also must agree w/ Deev from your 2nd thread, A6 cam is an upgrade, but not by much, Bisi stg 1 or even 2 would be way better.
                          Last edited by Granite CB7; 11-25-2009, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                            There was a thread about the markings on the dizzy end of the cams for A6 vs. A1/A4, I posted up the A6 marking, not sure if someone posted the A1/A4, but the end of my old A6 cam is marked "4B". See what that cam is marked and try to find out what A1/A4 would be aswell. All F22A heads should be PT3 castings, no such thing as a PT6 head, the castings are all the same minus the A6 valve springs and cam.

I also must agree w/ Deev from your 2nd thread, A6 cam is an upgrade, but not by much, Bisi stg 1 or even 2 would be way better.
                            To add to the knowledge here, I have an a1/a4 cam sitting next to me with "3A" stamped on it the dizzy end.

Comment

^Thank you for contributing, that is good to know

Comment

Working...
                              X